New to me TX200 MKIII Arrived Today

Anyone hunt with a TX200? Thought about getting one but I hear they are heavy and good for FT.
I’m 60 and not a physical specimen anymore lol but I squirrel hunt with a rws 48, hw 80, 95 &77. These are the main springers that I use so understand that when you hear about weight complaints it may be related to age or physical abilities. definitely not putting anyone down about their recommendations but just a different view point . Just saying weight is subjective.

Reactions: maxtrouble
Anyone hunt with a TX200? Thought about getting one but I hear they are heavy and good for FT.
I would not choose the TX200 for hunting, it is a heavy and loud rifle. With a scope you are looking 12 pounds or so. Every time the rifle is cocked, it makes a very loud SNICK SNICK SNICK. I would go with an HW30, HW50 or HW95. Break barrels tend to be lighter and quieter.

My HW30 probably weighs six pounds with a scope, my HW95 is right around nine pounds scoped. I can close my break barrels without a sound if I am really patient. All of these rifles are capable of hitting a dime at 50 yards.

The TX200 is more of a target / competition rifle. I would hate to ding the beautiful wooden stock, I am not the gentlest or the most adroit in the woods.

Reactions: bullseye127