New to me TX200 MKIII Arrived Today

That's interesting. I won a new TX200 MKIII .22 in walnut that I wanted to sell. AOA said they weren't interested in buying it since they don't service them, which I found curious. Maybe I just spoke to the wrong person. Great looking gun, I just don't shoot springers any longer.
Ultimately, I sold it to a member here.

Reactions: drpietrzak
One month update: I am on my second tin of pellets after the Vortek 12 fpe magic tune. The shot cycle has really smoothed out. The trigger is set at 1 pound 2 ounces now. With that trigger weight I can hit the butstock with a rubber mallet with the safety off and no missfires. Very crisp trigger break. I was able to stack pellets today until the wind went crazy.

This rifle is every bit as accurate as a Weihrauch with a very impressive bespoke stock out of the box. Arguably the nicest palm swell featured stock in my stable. The stock needs some kind of attention, it seems very dry and dull.

I highly recommend a TX200. Accuracy, fit and finish are equal to or better than my other rifles. All you need for some Fun is the rifle and a tin of pellets. A few tin cans and it is a party. Buy one, you will not regret it!

For the past few years, I have enjoyed my lefty w/ Tony Leach kit. My most accurate spring gun
E34DC31F-6C83-4168-BEC1-18C448D333B3.jpeg

Mine shoots the JSB pellets most accurately. I ordered a tin of the AirArms last evening so will see if they happen to shoot as well.

Also for stock finishing, I happen to like the ‘no gloss’ finish as supplied by AA. I remove the action from my stock, at least annually, and massage in some cutting board conditioner from Boos Blocks. I let it sit for 24hrs then wipe down with a cotton towel.

Last edited:
I just purchased a TX200 mkiii .177 and I’m waiting for it now. I have some barracuda and some hades, so I’ll try those for now. I’m assuming it will like the Air Arms as that’s what they are tested with but Amazon, has killer deals on pellets from H&N in all calibers recently.
Air Arms Field Diablo .451 is the most accurate in my TX .177

One month update: I am on my second tin of pellets after the Vortek 12 fpe magic tune. The shot cycle has really smoothed out. The trigger is set at 1 pound 2 ounces now. With that trigger weight I can hit the butstock with a rubber mallet with the safety off and no missfires. Very crisp trigger break. I was able to stack pellets today until the wind went crazy.

This rifle is every bit as accurate as a Weihrauch with a very impressive bespoke stock out of the box. Arguably the nicest palm swell featured stock in my stable. The stock needs some kind of attention, it seems very dry and dull.

I highly recommend a TX200. Accuracy, fit and finish are equal to or better than my other rifles. All you need for some Fun is the rifle and a tin of pellets. A few tin cans and it is a party. Buy one, you will not regret it!
Now you need a Pro Sport. Crow

I checked. They do not make left-handed Pro Sport. Wretches.

The dastardly blagards!
A lefty pro-sport in highly figured burled walnut would suit my left handed daughter perfectly, she is only 5 years old now but you have got to start them young.
She has been admiring my TX200 in walnut but like my HW97k it's a bit to heavy.

Reactions: djna and beerthief
might be a tough trigger to pull , buying a pro sport and a custom lefty stock OUCH !

just bought a custom stock for my hw97k plus it is tuned to 11.6 FPE and yes i am considering a Pro Sport What a wonderful rabbit hole to fall into .

Last edited:
View attachment 302156

Not to steal thread - they made small number of lefty’s- - and word on the street they were going to make more in the near future-
Here’s my lefty Pro -Sport - another member has one to .
That is a very attractive rifle. If they offered those again I would pick one up. CSUK does make lefty Pro Sport stocks, that is always an option. Would not be the first custom stock I have purchased.

How is the shot cycle and cocking effort at 12 FPE?

OK, finally got the rings and scope installed. Looking good. She liked the H&N Baracuda Match .177 10.65gr 452 head size the most. Awesome pellet, shooting them at 828 average with only a 2.6 deviation. Plenty of power and has a smooth shot cycle.
That's superbly consistent ballistics. The best I've found in my R9 is SD 3.0 fps with JSB Match 7.33gr, 952 fps MV avg.