New to me Diana 54

I'm not usually lucky. I could buy 99 out of 100 lottery tickets and I still wouldn't win, but yesterday I felt like I got lucky.
Thanks to a member on this forum who noticed when I posted about my desire to own a detuned Diana 54 and pointed me in the right direction I was able to make the dream come true.
John from PA had a 54 that he had tuned and customized the stock that came with it when he bought it. John said it's shooting in the 12-13 ft/lbs range.

It arrived yesterday, but the weather (of course) wasn't co-operating with on and off sprinkles. I pulled a spare 3X9 Leapers out of the closet and mounted it. In between threats of a sprinkle, I tossed a bag on the patio table, set a target at 10 yards and put 3 pellets in (almost) the same hole. WOW! I'm gonna love this thing!

Diana54a1.1622033798.jpg

Diana54b1.1622033817.jpg

Gun shoots super smooth, like my FWB 300S but with more power and absolutely no twang. It's like shooting a PCP.

It's going to be decent weather today so I'm looking forward to zeroing the scope and putting more pellets through it.

John was great to talk to and deal with and I've come to the conclusion that airgunners are some of the most helpful and generous people I've come across on the internet.

Feel like I won the lottery on this one.

Congrats Surfdog! That's a uniquely stocked 54.

Any details about how the 12-13fpe was achieved? Curious if the swept volume was decreased via a longer piston stem rod.

Johnny, I never asked John how he achieved the 12-13 ft/lbs. I've only dove into a couple easy to tune guns so I'm not much of a air gun tuner. I just assumed it was something similar to what I put in my TX200 (V-Mach kit).

Based on Johns reputation as one of the top airgunsmiths, I was just glad to get the chance to buy one of his guns and one of the models that I had been wanting for awhile.