New to me, Derrick's .25 Custom Cricket Mini first outing

DSC02457.1607901237.jpg
Jimmy, here is what the damage looked like when the rifle fell off the bench. Buying a cheaper bipod really cost me in the end. It was an RS II that every one told me could not be changed to a left hand action. Not listening as usual, I went ahead and machined it in a mirror image of the right side of the action and and fit it. It can now be changed at will. guess not that it is repaired, it is time to use good bed liner. GRRRR!!! LOL

Mike/Knife 
DSC02460.1607900869.jpg
DSC02461.1607900878.jpg

Thanks for your concern Mike. It's just a spare, and I forgot how aggravating is was. I swapped it out for an Atlas clone right after that session. I know lots of folks say bad things about the clones, but I've got em on just about every gun I own and they've been working like a charm. A couple I had to do a little work on, but they work fine now.

I jut haven't got to the point I'll fork out $300 for a bipod yet? LOL . Maybe one day? I'd probably like the wide body, but then I think about stowing the gun in the rifle case with it? It's so much easier to fold up those little Atlas clones and they fit right in the gun cases without having to remove them?

Wow knife, you are a man of many talents. That's a first I've seen someone machining in the block to mount the lever on the left side. You can do just about anything man.

I can't have anything without having a scratch on it somewhere. My stupid cats knocked my beloved Thomas off the bench one night and put a nick or two in it?

Peace and side lever grease

Jimmy, please try some original 33.95 grainers. They have a larger O.D. on the skirt. They load a bit tighter as you described the more accurate pellets doing. 

These different iterations of the JSB Heavy Kings are not always consistent. You can see subtle differences between two tins of MK2s and or Original King Heavies.

Thanks for that advice Derrick. Yes sir , I've found pellets are not consistent from lot to lot. Wish I could time it to buy a big lot of the consistent ones. Also gonna concentrate on the pellets.

I just had to try the slugs because I had them. It's a learning process and didn't even consider how fast they dirty a barrel.

Been doing some penetration testing lately. Had the pellets zipping through 5/8 plywood at 46 yds with both the Cricket mini and the lower powered FX 500.

My.22 Cricket pup wouldn't go all the way through at that distance, but ripped through a 3/4" plywood at 22 yds. Next up is to try the 3/4" plywood at 40 yds with the Mini and the 500

Jimmy, please try some original 33.95 grainers. They have a larger O.D. on the skirt. They load a bit tighter as you described the more accurate pellets doing. 

These different iterations of the JSB Heavy Kings are not always consistent. You can see subtle differences between two tins of MK2s and or Original King Heavies.

Derrick, thanks for the advise man. The MK1's are lights out! She definitely prefers them over the MK2's. Lovin it! She should be able to hang with the Boss now?

Pulled the gun out of the case, checked for air, loaded a mag. First five shots low on #1, adjust scope and bingo.....5 shots on target #2 even better. 50 yds, 33.95 MK1

135433876_3953467371331546_31160492851179765_o.1609871691.jpg