Air Arms new to me, Air Arms Pro Target

Hi Guys,

I just purchased this from AOA a couple weeks back and looking forward to putting it thru its paces.

It is currently in being resealed and tuned as needed.
It probably belonged to a member on here as this is a small world.
It is an old rifle being a mk 3 which dates it late 90's thru early 00.
It has been modified with an AZ shroud.

I will mostly do some plinking and some bench rest shooting, maybe FT some day when I am feeling courageous.

Here are some pics, along with my RAW HM1000X ,22 with a BM stock l did the finishing on, and my HM1000X LRT
20230715_090451.jpg
20230715_090447.jpg
20230715_090431.jpg
20230715_090424.jpg
20230714_175508.jpg
RT

Looking forward to getting back in practice.
20230715_090627.jpg

I'll try to get some pics...

Its trigger is what I judge all others against.

Won the Canadian FT Nationals with it twice... Amazingly accurate. 18ish ft/lb Joe Korick tune with his shroud as well. Loved CPHs when they were still good. Barracuda Match were what I used afterwards. Really loved them.

I'm jealous of your RAW. I was in the process of getting one and was hoping its trigger would be as good as the PT too. Then needing to spend $40k on a septic system intervened.:poop: Maybe next year...

The RAW trigger is nice, but I will say it is not as crisp as the PT.
I have my .22 set at 5 oz, and my .30 at 8 oz.
They are smooth but have a slightly heavier first stage I think the PT is lighter, which makes the break feel less crisp.
Trust me this is me being critical, I am one that will close his eyes and go slowly and feel every last oz of pressure and visualize what is going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSJ
Hi Guys,

I just purchased this from AOA a couple weeks back and looking forward to putting it thru its paces.

It is currently in being resealed and tuned as needed.
It probably belonged to a member on here as this is a small world.
It is an old rifle being a mk 3 which dates it late 90's thru early 00.
It has been modified with an AZ shroud.

I will mostly do some plinking and some bench rest shooting, maybe FT some day when I am feeling courageous.

Here are some pics, along with my RAW HM1000X ,22 with a BM stock l did the finishing on, and my HM1000X LRTView attachment 375840View attachment 375841View attachment 375842View attachment 375843View attachment 375844RT

Looking forward to getting back in practice.
View attachment 375839
You scored!

Reactions: woogie_man
Yeah the owner of AOA knocked another $40 off of their lowest published price on it, because of the unique "snap connector"
that you have to have to fill it.
It went from $959 before they knocked it down, then knock another $40 to $699 when I got it.
So it looked like a great deal when we got to that point.
I will be spending probably a couple to few hundred getting it running and tuned, so I will still be under a grand when I am done.
Or at least that is my hope.

Plus the "corrosion on the stock" they had in the ad was just dirt on the stock it literally wiped off with a wet thumb.

Given who tuned it before (AZ) and who I have tuning it (MB), it should be a great shooting gun. fingers crossed.

• Wow
Reactions: woogie_man
I had a Robert Lane Reg. on my AA S510, I see that HUMA is making a regulator for the PT and EV2.
I had the Robert Lane gauge on the S510 also.

The only problem I have with the quick fills/ gauge including the HUMA is the probe style fill instead of a foster fitting.
I eventually changed my S510 to a foster fill valve. Which is what I have asked mark to do on the PT.

I twill probably be a while since AOA said the leak sounded like it was coming from the air valve, so that is probably shot and will probably have to be ordered from England from one of the sources over there.

I don't mind the probe. I shoot tethered a lot so I just leave it in place. Rubber capping its foster fitting if I want a little protection for it. That it sticks out 90 degrees to the side is handy for tethering too.

I had to replace the old style big fitting on mine a couple times. That style wasn't nearly as reliable as the 1/8" ones in use now.

That is gorgeous.
It exudes that typical Air Arms quality.
Love the blued cylinder, polished bands on both the regulator and shroud, and of course that laminate stock.

I just finished figuring out my scope situation.
In the picture I had a cheap UTG scope on the PT, but that was just until I could figure out a missing scope situation.
I just picked up a Cronus to put on my 308 bergara premier, so I will put my Golden Eagle that was on there on
my .30 RAW, and move Hawke 10-50 ED onto the PT.
It is a big long scope but the PT is no lightweight either.

That's a vintage appropriate Big BSA 10-50x on mine. Paid a pretty penny to get that one!

Violated my 'never sell a good scope' rule and had to replace it. But I wanted to get it kitted out like it was when I shot FT. Wasn't easy to find one though...

Fortunately I held onto the plexi sidewheel.

That's a extra long tube meant for long S4/5xx rifles.

I was wondering what that scope was, I could not make it out and had never seen the Plexi sidewheel before.
I figured my Hawke would be a decent scope for this gun, as it kind of represents Hawkes approach to a FT scope.
Large indexed sidewheel, 10-50x, ED glass, and 10 yard parallax.
Not quite the glass of my Golden Eagle and probably my Athlon when it gets here, but pretty good for chinese glass.

I have been eyeing the long blued tubes on the AA parts sights. Just love AA bluing and extra capacity is always a plus.