• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New to fourm, used to hunt with airgun

Hello. After a couple of years not owning or shooting I'm thinking about shooting again or setting up something for hunting again. I started out shooting my Dad's Gamo CFX 177 in the backyard target shooting as we talked sometimes at 25 yard. I noticed how accurate it was with a cut spring. It was a tack driver with Crosman point at Walmart. My ex-wife bought me a couple Gamo Accu 177 and that's when I sort of got into it more. I gave the Xtra one to my Dad since he lived in the country. Life kind of went on and I moved away.

I've been tinkering with the idea of getting another Gamo Accu 177 (they don't sell brand new anymore) or an imported Gamo CFR Royal 177 (which GamoUSA said I could get calling them). I've also been thinking about a HW50s too. Nothing too powerful or heavy with hunting in mind. I am used to slinging a CFX (cut spring) or Accu 177 on 100 acres and that was my weapon of choice going for a walk in the woods.

I guess I would build one with the same thing in mind: survival, walking in the woods, hunting, and pest control.

Yep. I have 8 pcps if you include the 1322 pumper.

Oh, and the one I do have makes up for the lack of more. 🤣 Tuned by motorhead by prior owner. Rest of the mods beyond factory are my doing.
1000008001.jpg

Last edited:
Hello. After a couple of years not owning or shooting I'm thinking about shooting again or setting up something for hunting again. I started out shooting my Dad's Gamo CFX 177 in the backyard target shooting as we talked sometimes at 25 yard. I noticed how accurate it was with a cut spring. It was a tack driver with Crosman point at Walmart. My ex-wife bought me a couple Gamo Accu 177 and that's when I sort of got into it more. I gave the Xtra one to my Dad since he lived in the country. Life kind of went on and I moved away.

I've been tinkering with the idea of getting another Gamo Accu 177 (they don't sell brand new anymore) or an imported Gamo CFR Royal 177 (which GamoUSA said I could get calling them). I've also been thinking about a HW50s too. Nothing too powerful or heavy with hunting in mind. I am used to slinging a CFX (cut spring) or Accu 177 on 100 acres and that was my weapon of choice going for a walk in the woods.

I guess I would build one with the same thing in mind: survival, walking in the woods, hunting, and pest control.
Welcome to the best AGN . Any Gamo is very hard to get parts. the HW50 you mentioned is a wonderful gun medium power Squirrels and such .
HW 98 is a bit more power , check them out .