• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New to forum

Cheers & welcome Woki! We learn a lot from each other here. I'm curious regarding FAC airguns in the UK. If you put FAC airguns in slot(s) on your FAC application do the licensing authorities generally show more lienience towards approving them or do they review them as strictly as powder burning arms, even a 22 rimfire? Also are you allowed to only shoot an FAC airgun on a registered range in the UK? Or can you shoot them on your own land? Regards

Hello Badger,
in one sentence...I havent a clue mate, never held never mind shot FAC. As a latecomer to shooting aged 50 i went into FT then into hft around
3 years later. For me a more relaxed set of guys, better social, banter imho. Both sub 12flbs. The link above would be better for you some real top shooters in fac. Sorry i cant help more, stay safe , kind regards

Hello Badger,
in one sentence...I havent a clue mate, never held never mind shot FAC. As a latecomer to shooting aged 50 i went into FT then into hft around
3 years later. For me a more relaxed set of guys, better social, banter imho. Both sub 12flbs. The link above would be better for you some real top shooters in fac. Sorry i cant help more, stay safe , kind regards
I understand. I imagine non-FAC vs FAC airguns in the UK is similar to airguns vs firearms here in the USA The US airgun community is far more "hobby" oriented since there's no regulations (at present) and therefore minimal politics involved; probably similar to the non-FAC airgun community in the UK.

Pretty much. Not many rules here for the under 12flbs as long as you not a complete idiot with them.
The comp rules prob as yours a bit more definate. Chroned at every UK hft event even some of the local GP club events. Max fps 802 if its over on your 1 st shot the next 2 [rules] must be under the limit else you are DQed. Most problems here are the sport cant get youngsters involved and keep the sport going and the looming lead pellet ban. i will keep giving it a go till i can no longer get up out the prone position LOl.

Pretty much. Not many rules here for the under 12flbs as long as you not a complete idiot with them.
The comp rules prob as yours a bit more definate. Chroned at every UK hft event even some of the local GP club events. Max fps 802 if its over on your 1 st shot the next 2 [rules] must be under the limit else you are DQed. Most problems here are the sport cant get youngsters involved and keep the sport going and the looming lead pellet ban. i will keep giving it a go till i can no longer get up out the prone position LOl.
It seems like 800 fps with avg weight 177 pellets is pretty much sub-12 ftlb "safe". 600 fps with 22.