• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New to East Texas

@OC_ Welcome to Northeast Texas, the ArLaTex to be exact. If you tell us a little more about your airgun interests you may be able to connect with some folks depending upon how far you’re willing to drive. Out this way an hour or two drive is not uncommon, at least not to rural folks. You’re on that I-20 corridor so between Dallas and Shreveport you should be able to meet up with some folks. That’s about 1-2 hours to either city from yours. Thinking north to south between Nacagdoches and Sulpher Spings there should be a few active members. That’s about a 2.5 hour driving radius and you’re in between them. There are a couple in Tyler which is bout an hour from you. Not a bad location. There are also shooting ranges in the area if you don’t have access to private land.

Last edited:
I’ve been on the forum for about a year and a half, about when my airgun fascination started. I use to be really into powder burners but I developed a terrible ear condition and can only shoot a subsonic suppressed 22. It’s also impossible for me to go to an active range with people shooting.
The big draw for me with airguns is how quiet they can be. I can shoot again after all these years.
I love all forms of shooting. I really like shooting long range and tinkering with the rifles to get every ounce accuracy out of them.
I really want to try to take one of these wild hogs around here. I’ve never been hunting before and this seems exciting. Plus my Filipino wife would love a pig roast. There is something with Filipinos and pigs that just can’t be explained.

"I really like shooting long range and tinkering with the rifles to get every ounce accuracy out of them."

Although no short drive for you (to the Waco area), my long-range airgun TEXtreme Field Target and Bench-Rest Silhouette matches (both to 100 yards) are attracting like-minded airgunners to yourself from not only all over Texas, but also Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arizona, California and Florida.

Propaganda attached.

Full Group GP.jpeg

Lane 9.jpg

View attachment TFT Rules pdf.pdf

View attachment 2022 BRS Rules pdf.pdf