New to breakbarrels

Only frustrating thing i find in my springers is lack of mo' pellets , wind days, and rain days.

My gamo 50y package scope cphp.22 View attachment 347713
OMG that's scary accurate ...
Do you shoot Field Target?
Because that's a very competitive grouping at 50 yards... you would be blowing some PCP guys away with that grouping (yeah guys with >$1500 PCP, and $1000 scopes)

After sticking to PCPs ever since my plinking hobby started, I finally went out and purchased a breakbarrel! I went with the Gamo Swarm Magnum Gen2 (.22) because of it's power, and of course it's main selling point: feeding pellets from a mag.
GamoSwarm_ProductCard.jpg

I shot my first groups today and holy cow this takes some getting used to! The recoil for one, and having to reset my shooting position after every shot. I absolutely loved it though! Not needing to refill and carry airtanks around is a godsent, and has really upped my time spent at the range by at least an hour, haha. Cocking the rifle after every shot is also a nice free workout ;)

That said, any tips for a breakbarrel newcomer? Do's and don'ts, technique, accessories, ammo? For example, any decent scopes that are affordable yet effective for beginners? I currently have a very basic Gamo scope that came with the rifle, but I'm definitely planning to replace it, as this particular one has a fixed magnification. Other than that I'm just figuring stuff out as I go along I guess.
any body know how to put on a bipod on a
  • Breakbarrel

each rifle is diferent. you have to experiment with your hold. try holding it lightly, then a little pressure, in your fore hand and pull in snug into your shoulder. try moving your hand forward and back and lightly then stronger. same with pulling into your shoulder. pull in couple pounds then try 3 lbs. youll find the sweet spot hold position. then hold it the same ..EVERY TIME!

After sticking to PCPs ever since my plinking hobby started, I finally went out and purchased a breakbarrel! I went with the Gamo Swarm Magnum Gen2 (.22) because of it's power, and of course it's main selling point: feeding pellets from a mag.
GamoSwarm_ProductCard.jpg

I shot my first groups today and holy cow this takes some getting used to! The recoil for one, and having to reset my shooting position after every shot. I absolutely loved it though! Not needing to refill and carry airtanks around is a godsent, and has really upped my time spent at the range by at least an hour, haha. Cocking the rifle after every shot is also a nice free workout ;)

That said, any tips for a breakbarrel newcomer? Do's and don'ts, technique, accessories, ammo? For example, any decent scopes that are affordable yet effective for beginners? I currently have a very basic Gamo scope that came with the rifle, but I'm definitely planning to replace it, as this particular one has a fixed magnification. Other than that I'm just figuring stuff out as I go along I guess.
good info under "sticky threads ' How to shoot a springer " under Tradisional air guns . Welcome to the best AGN