New to Bipods, would appreciate some recommendations...

If other companies paid attention to what their customers really wanted we'd see more "options" with legs that can adjust to 45 degrees and are fairly priced and well made...

I was able to shoot a few of Douger's rifles with an Accu-Tac bipod on them, it could do 45 degrees, it was nice, had the spike feet that I like... It was aluminum VS steel...

I'd be interested to see a list of bipods that can do 45 degrees and have options for different feet, mounting options etc... No clones allowed and see what that list looks like and the associated retail prices...

Ken

This one is worth looking at.

90 45 and 22 degrees adjustable. very stable aswell.maybe not as good as a 500$atlas or accutac,but 100x better than the atlas clones..and priced very reasonable. 

Open my favorite app! Don't wait to get more surprises:https://m.dhgate.com/product/new-arrival-lra-light-tactical-bipod-long/407969521.html?invitorid=IbIZNnd3

From what I've seen, I agree. If you're in the market for a budget priced, wide stance bipod the LRA clone seems hard to beat. Here's a write up I did on them a while back. If you read between the lines, you might get an idea why 45deg seems rare on bipods. Someone thinks they own the 45 deg option and tries to stop everyone else from doing it. 

I have one for the testing series and have messed around with it a little bit already, off rifle. The tilt adjustment is a little sticky but, it functions. Neat to have a 22deg. option! I saw 1 or 2 of them at EBR this year. This one falls into an interesting area when you call it a clone. It IS a copy of someone else's work and it is made with lesser materials. However, the original maker no longer makes these and the only way to get an original is to find one used. Just like other clones, it is a fraction of the price of the original $70 compared to an original price of ~$300-400. So, does it really fall into the category of a clone since no one else is making it? I think this one is going to score very good when I get to testing it. From what I can tell, everything functions as it should and the wide stance adds stability. It does not have quick release, which I'm a fan of having. It sits the rifle down very low into the stability triangle which is also good for stability. 

Tom

Well,I've had a utg 360 recon, 2 clones and my favorite an accu tac and without a doubt the accu tac is a precision machine and destroys all the rest I've had.The clones and utg were usable for my airgun needs but are very inferior compared to the real deals. I say if your on a budget a clone is just fine but once you get a few pennies ahead go for it and get an accu tac/atlas and all of a sudden the magic happens (ah this is what they were talking about).😀👍

Since you asked specifically about the Impact and what we would suggest, I will offer my $0.02 as I have tried several on my Impacts.

When I first decided to move beyond the standard Harris bipod I’ve always used on hunting rigs, and move to some thing more suited for tactical and bench purposes, I also saw the clone videos and thought they must be the same. I didn’t want to purchase one and support the clone trade, but when my first used Impact came with one, it was the perfect opportunity to try it.

On the Impact, I think the clones are not good. The Impact has the pic rail in the middle of the gun instead of out front, like you would normally want, so that isn’t the best for balance. Add to that the height of the Impact and if you have a heavy scope (I usually do) and again balance is important. With the cheap Chinese knockoffs, you will also hear about the fixes you need to make inside to keep the knob from coming loose. I tried every fix I could find online, and it always came loose making the Impact wobble around and the Impact was never as stable as it should be and made shooting difficult. It was very sloppy, and too many times I saw the Impact start leaning or almost fall over because the bipod wouldn’t lock up. I knew then that I didn’t want a $2000 rifle plus scope falling over because I cheaped out on the foundation.

Enter the Atlas BT10. It is completely different aside from looks. It locks right up and the Impact doesn’t move unless I want it to. The knob does screw off by itself when I pan my rifle like the clone. I take it off and use it on other rifles when I want. It has pan and cant, which for my uses is necessary. The ability to actually lock the real Atlas and not have it coming loose is a huge reason to avoid the knockoffs. Never has my rifle almost fallen over on a bench because the weight of my Impact was too much for the real Atlas.

I still have that Atlas and will continue to use it on other rifles when I need small and light, but the one thing that I still didn’t like when paired with the Impact is the narrow base. Something wider would have been just a bit better for balance. I just picked up the Accu-Tac F2G2, and I couldn’t be happier. Has pan and cant, locks up even better than the Atlas, and has a very nice wide base which I absolutely love. The balance on the Impact is amazing and this will probably become the bipod I move to all my bench guns. 

There are many people with their mind set on the clones, and to each their own. It does have pan and cant and some people are happy with it and it works for them, and maybe you will as well. I would prefer something more stable and not sloppy, and something wider. That would be my suggestion for you. 

When I posted this request for information my total knowledge about bipods was limited to what I could read in the Cabela's product descriptions and my experience with them was ZERO - never even handled one. Up until recently, except for sighting in, all my shooting has been done off-hand

Around here (Ontario, Canada) where I hunt the bush is thick and most shooting is done at close range - no place or time to setup a bipod so they just amount to extra weight that disrupts the balance of the rifle.

I plan to do a lot of bench shooting with Impact and because my rest is not suitable I need a bipod. I'd like an Atlas and the Accu-Tacs look very nice but they are beyond my (already non-existent) budget. (As a footnote, due to shipping, duty and exchange costs are 50 to 75% more than USA.) I need legs for the Impact so a Clone will have hold up the gun until I can scrape together some more coin for an original. One advantage I have is a well set up workshop so if I need to replace a crappy part on the clone I can easily make one up... turning a sows ear into a silk purse is an option. Will have to make due for now.

Thanks again guys! Appreciate the input!

Hank

When I posted this request for information my total knowledge about bipods was limited to what I could read in the Cabela's product descriptions and my experience with them was ZERO - never even handled one. Up until recently, except for sighting in, all my shooting has been done off-hand

Around here (Ontario, Canada) where I hunt the bush is thick and most shooting is done at close range - no place or time to setup a bipod so they just amount to extra weight that disrupts the balance of the rifle.

I plan to do a lot of bench shooting with Impact and because my rest is not suitable I need a bipod. I'd like an Atlas and the Accu-Tacs look very nice but they are beyond my (already non-existent) budget. (As a footnote, due to shipping, duty and exchange costs are 50 to 75% more than USA.) I need legs for the Impact so a Clone will have hold up the gun until I can scrape together some more coin for an original. One advantage I have is a well set up workshop so if I need to replace a crappy part on the clone I can easily make one up... turning a sows ear into a silk purse is an option. Will have to make due for now.

Thanks again guys! Appreciate the input!

Hank

Unlike the above poster's experience, in my case the modifications to the clone that I bought made it usable for my needs (limited use of a bipod). If I used one extensively I would probably buy a top level unit and even then I'd be very careful with how I left a rifle/scope sitting on it. I bet you will find what you have to be functional and even better with a bit of work. If not, you haven't lost much. Let us know how it turns out for you.