new to airguns and need advice

I'm wanting a PCP looking at the Marauder in .177 or .22 from the custom shop @ around $750. Im not hunting with it only target shooting at 50 to 75 yards. I have watched you tube videos until my eyes are bloodshot . One thing I can't find information on is the warranty on any of the brands or dealers. I'm not decided on the Marauder I can spend more and go with FX or Daystate or any other right now.. My concern is getting any repair work done of parts availability and customer support. I'm in Texas. Which airgun manufacturer provides the most reliable guuns with great customer support? 

Very wise request. I have learned to lean on service and customer support rather than which gun. 

My best advice: shop locally if possible. If there’s a place near by, that you can drive to, that has a good reputation. Go there. Most guns will do the job. 

I hear Marauders are easier to work on. If you like to tinker, they may serve you well. 

Daystates may have up to a 5 year warranty, but count on shipping it to AoA for repair.

Hope this helps a bit . 

Crosman will be hard to beat for parts availability and how fast you will be able to get them. Are you doing informal fun target shooting or serious target shooting? That will make a difference in the choice of pcp you go with.

With that said I own BSA, Daystate and AA rifles and I have really never needed much for parts or repair work but I do all my own repairs if something breaks. I did buy a bunch of BSA parts to rebuild an old S10 and ordering them from the UK was easy and I got the parts within 11 days from the order. So I dont really worry much about warranties or parts, if the pcp is manufactured by one of the good names out there you should be able to get parts reasonably easy. Daystate has US support thru airguns of Arizona so it should be pretty easy getting something fixed. Daystate also has the longest warranty period in the industry as far as I know and its transferable if you buy one used.

Like intenseaty22 and LDP both said, the Daystates have a great warranty, especially if purchased through AofA, they extend it! Under the Daystate umbrella is the Brocock line of airguns. The new, hot Brocock is the Sniper but for the money you're talking about spending, you can get a Brocock Bantam Hi-lite. We have one and although not regulated like the Sniper, it's a great gun with about 70 shots per fill on hi in .22 cal and a velocity of about 875fps. They are super guns and soon, Huma will be releasing a regulator for it that will even make it better. We absolutely love ours! It's compact, quiet, has a lot of shots per fill and is very, very accurate! Check it out, you'll be glad you did!

Stoti

1544984364_16550618555c16972c01f788.61481912_20180527_093300.jpg

Maybe look into buying used from the classifieds? Do your research and buy from a trusted member and you can get a like new gun at a great discount. I could not recommend spending $750 on a marauder when you can get twice the gun for a few hundred more (maybe not even that much). I spent about a year buying and selling inexpensive airguns, working my way up (losing money the whole time) until I finally decided to buy something "high end". Buy once, cry once they say....😉

Everyone has their favorite and there is no bad advice here. Don't overlook the Air Arms S510 series rifles. A .22 S510 is a great target, plinking gun. They are built to last not only your lifetime but those of your kids. A friend of mine purchased a Marauder and brought it over to my range. While not a bad value for the money, it wouldn't come close to shooting the groups the AA did at 50 yards. I consider the AA S510 to be in a mid range price point. I have one in .177, two in .22, and 1 in .25. They are deadly and super dependable, plus there are a number of great vendors such as Straight Shooters, Pyramid Air, and others that you can not only purchase from, but get service from you if ever need it.

Just another option. There are lots of good ones out there.

If informal and fun but serious target shooting is the goal then just about any pcp with a solid name and reputation will do the job. 

Heres my list in no particular order:

AA S510 / S410 in any configuration you like best.

BSA pick the model lol. R10 mk2, scorpion, ultra or a few others they have.

Kalibrgun again what ever model you prefer.

Daystate and what ever model grabs your fancy.

FX and any model again lol.

Brocock, they also have a few models.

Theres probably some other manufacturers I missed so my list isnt complete its just the ones I could think of off the top of my head. All the listed companies and models will shoot very good and be plenty accurate. Theres so many quality pcp out there these days you cant really go wrong with any manufacturer or model thats been around with a good reputation. Theres a few cheaper models out there that are not bad for the money and can be improved but I get the feeling you want to plug and play without needing to do anything. The manufacturers I listed all put out a product that really needs no fussing and can be opened, filled with air and tested with different pellets to find the one it likes most and thats it.

Good luck in your search and make sure to post back after you decide and buy one to let us all know what you think.

I cannot speak from personal experience, but people rave about the service and attention from the RAW folks. Like comments above regarding several manufacturer's products, the RAW rifles have a good reputation; but you asked about customer service and parts. I do not know if the new association between RAW and Airforce in Dallas has or will change the attention to customers. Just someone else to check out.

Jumpin 

Warranty, part,s service & customer satisfaction Crosman certainly is hard to beat. 5 year transferable warranty ( on new purchase rigs, check date for used ) and over the top customer service do make them an excellent choice for 95% of shooters.

A box stock ( non-LW barreled unit ) should out shoot most shooters truth be told. An LW barrel is an outstanding option tho. The trigger & mag are theoben knockoff/copies and a new industry standard. You can do MUCH better on that price though if you just follow the coupons & special offers. 

Hard to find a regulated rig with an LW and match trigger and proven mag for less and it will do anything you want period.

Except maybe looks.

AA is a great NO maintenance choice with many of there rifles lasting over 10 years before needing even an oring. 

Daystate is similar as long as it's a proven model, parts for the latest greatest may lag ( about that 1st Pulsar umm , all decent now tho ) .

Rapidairweapons is U.S.A. made and a true heirloom quality design.

Getting to a match or shoot would be your very best bet! There are shooter in your general area that might be worth ferreting out.

John

Crosmans are easy to work on and get parts for. I know half a dozen people in Dallas and Fort worth that can do good field target tunes on them. The air arms will feel like a better gun out of the box. Once tuned they will shoot neck and neck, it is all up to the operator. My advice is to get the Crosman and order a spare set of O rings before you need them. As long as you are reasonably handy and pay attention to safety you can keep one running on your own forever.

Very wise request. I have learned to lean on service and customer support rather than which gun. 

My best advice: shop locally if possible. If there’s a place near by, that you can drive to, that has a good reputation. Go there. Most guns will do the job. 

I hear Marauders are easier to work on. If you like to tinker, they may serve you well. 

Daystates may have up to a 5 year warranty, but count on shipping it to AoA for repair.

Hope this helps a bit .

So do they all have a 5yr, you say they may have up to a 5yr.

Just what are the stated lengths for all of them....this is really a very good question.

I would also look at who you are buying from and just what their return policy is, I have yet to have to return anything, but people do speak highly of Pyrmaid....I have no personal experience with them however.

Ok ya'll listen up. I decided on a .25 cal FX Impact with the 700mm barrel and a couple other accessories. I ordered it from one of the sponsors of this site. I'm really looking forward to this PCP and thank all of you who gave their advice in helping me make my decision. I'm going to be reading everything I can now and watching even more youtube videos on this gun. I'll have to give an update after I've shot it and fondled it awhile. I already have a Athlon 6x25 x50 ARGOS BTR FFP scope for it.