• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New to airguns and already addicted

Yes @Blindman the air gun addiction is real. I started back in 2015 with my first one. Then another, and another….. I really thought I found what I liked and was slowing down. Then I come on here do a little reading. Then it off to the stores to load up. In the last month, I got
HW44 .22 cal ( I traded for )
HW44 .177 cal thanks to AOA used section
Crosman 1701p Utah Airguns. On sale.
So buy once, cry once they say. I cry A LOT.

If there's any advice I could give you is don't buy a bunch of guns right off the bat. Shoot the Avenger, learn to tune it to perfection, and just enjoy it for a while. Then, decide on one of the high end guns if that's something you can afford and want to do. Quality >>>> Quantity in this hobby, IMO.

If there's any advice I could give you is don't buy a bunch of guns right off the bat. Shoot the Avenger, learn to tune it to perfection, and just enjoy it for a while. Then, decide on one of the high end guns if that's something you can afford and want to do. Quality >>>> Quantity in this hobby, IMO.
Solid advice. Thanks!

Reactions: UCChris
Welcome to the the insane asylum! ;)
You're going to have a lot of fun! :)

You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”

1672369279527.png

I thought I had the habit kicked from 2013 to 2019.. This is after having the "hobby" since the mid 1970's. I Sold everything I owned and just concentrated on motorcycles.. But in 19 all those old feelings came back and I had a better job and said "why not?" I had a few emergency contact numbers still in my wallet in case I felt weak that I hadn't looked at since 2015, I had even been through all the steps years ago and even counseled a few friends (one took the other didn't) So I figured it was so yesterday. Be careful and remember.. You are just starting and you can stop this now before it becomes part of your DNA.

Reactions: Blindman
Yes @Blindman the air gun addiction is real. I started back in 2015 with my first one. Then another, and another….. I really thought I found what I liked and was slowing down. Then I come on here do a little reading. Then it off to the stores to load up. In the last month, I got
HW44 .22 cal ( I traded for )
HW44 .177 cal thanks to AOA used section
Crosman 1701p Utah Airguns. On sale.
So buy once, cry once they say. I cry A LOT.
Similar scenario here. February 2020, no air rifles, December 2022, 3 FX’s, 2 Daystates, 1 Weihrauch springer, 1 FWB pistol, 3 CO2 pistols, 2 SCBA’s and an Alkin. I’m not done, I’m just out of money. 😂😂

Been trying to follow your advice, but there are like 4-5 guns calling my name right now. Must resist

Reactions: UCChris