• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New to air guns

Eric343, Welcome and glad to have you aboard. A nice consideration you have made and in many ways it is a good starting point down this long and expensive rabbit hole of a hobby, fun as it is. I see you are looking at the shorter bullpup designs in the Flash Pup, I get that. I would offer up the new Umarex Gauntlet 2 in .25 as an option to look at as well. Up to the $1K window will offer you a whole new level for what might be a small price to pay. Reason I say this is you will be looking for an Air Compressor very soon after your experience with the "pump". Just sayin' 

Enjoy your search.

Patrick

Welcome aboard and as to your starting pest control quest I suggest the very light Benjamin Prod BP2220 .22 priced about $400. The thing about Hatson as with almost all Turkish guns is you begin with a HEAVY gun that is build like a tank, that quickly pushes ten pounds with any scope to carry about. As 2L8 suggested go with an electric PCP pump around $400 which will save you money and make you glad in the long run. I also suggest you consider your own total pest control picture before purchasing anything. Will you moving about stalking or be stationary, what are your range limits, day or night action, pests rats, squirrels, rabbits or maybe larger? 😉

Welcome to a great forum and a fun hobby! Bull pups can be more difficult to learn to shoot than a conventional rifle, but they are definitely great for hunting and once you get used to them they are really handy for the truck and thick woods. Quick to the shoulder and fast target acquisition makes them fun. My friend just got a Hatsan flash pup, but it’s still really new so don’t know yet how he likes it. With the little compressor I’d top off fairly often and not make the compressor work too long. Heat is the enemy of them. One thing is certain, you are definitely in for a lot of fun!

If you want to stay in the shorter/bullpup form factor, the Benjamin Akela seems to be a good gun to look at as well. This coupled with the fact that the Crosman site currently has them in stock, and using the AGNATION discount coupon, you can pick one up for just over $400 shipped to your house. Crosman's 5 year warranty makes the deal even better.

I don't know whether there are a lot of them out there, but I also have one of the Benjamin Recharge compressors, which continues to serve me very well. It is not inexpensive, I don't know whether it is in stock and I don't think that the discount coupon works for those either. I actually got mine through Optics Planet, the only purchase I have ever made through them, but they had the best price and units in stock. (Unlike the Crosman/Benjamin guns, only a 1 year warranty on their compressors. Use a credit card which extends the warranty).

Welcome to the adult airgun family. I can’t help with any pcp questions. I’m sure they all have their pros and cons in that price range. When I jump into the pcp game I’ll probably go with the Benjamin marauder because they have a 5 year warranty and there is a ton of videos out there to repair anything you could encounter. Enjoy the new gun whenever you decide on one. Take your time and do your homework. A phone call to Airguns of Arizona or a live chat on PyramidAir.com could also help. In my experience neither will lead you astray or over sell you or talk you into something you don’t want.