New to Air Guns? Here's some advice...

Newbie here. I am encouraged by all of the sound advice in this thread. I have not bought my rifle as yet but am waiting around for refund time. OK, so I have been searching through the pages of the internet trying to find out if Crossman still has the 1400 out. It was 1975 when I sold mine to pay for gas to take my now wife out on dates. So after I get involved with this hobby again then I find out that my beloved .22 rifle is no longer available unless you want to pay out the nose for a beat up one. All of the high dollar multi tanked laser guided, sonar activated and active homing rifles that are out there kind of make me cringe. I will never be able to afford such equipment. Then I find out just exactly what PCP is and it piqued my interest. There are a few rifles out there in my price range 200 to 500 but the draw back is you have to pay for extra equipment to garner some shooting fun. The Aspen Seneca is rather interesting but I figure it is a pre-order type of situation. I cant fine either the Seneca or the Freedom. They just don't seem to be available.

C02 is my next choice but the issues with having them kind of makes me do some thinking if it would wind up being a real good rifle for my needs. That would be that Hammerli model. Then the one that really interests me is the Hatsan 125 in .25 cal. I know that the cocking effort is pretty stout but I am figuring that it would be akin to shooting a compound bow. That would be having to build up muscle memory to keep it going. I am not 50 years old any more so I wonder how that would work out.

So, here is what I think and it is only my opinion ( you know what they say about opinions ), Buy what trips your trigger but make sure that you do some research first and see if the features of what you choose actually meets your needs. Seek the advice of others weather they are experten or not. AEAC is always a good place to find out how things work or what you are getting is actually worth 500.00 or not. As for me I really dont 3want to spend over 300. but I may be persuaded up the price a bt to get something that will trip my trigger.

Cheers

Paul