• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New to AGN Intro

Hey guys. I've been monitoring this site for a while but decided to go ahead and join up yesterday. I suppose I'm a little old fashioned, but I felt like I should introduce myself.

I'm a Marine veteran from Baton Rouge LA. I have one daughter and one wife. 😆 

Upon leaving the Marine Corps 5 years ago we moved back to Baton Rouge. Although I've shot airguns my whole life, I would say this is when my hobby took a turn for the serious. We moved into a neighborhood with a lake behind our house. The lake has a nutria rat problem. I like to think of myself as a problem solver.

I grew up with my Daisy pump .177, eventually upgrading to a Benjamin/Sheridan pump .20. Then once I moved back to Baton Rouge and started dealing with the rats I upgraded to a Benjamin Jim Shockey Steel Eagle (please don't laugh). I killed quite a few rats with that gun, but eventually got frustrated with the inability to group consistently. So, after wasting a couple of years with these primitive tools, I decided to take the plunge.

After much research, I ended up getting an FX Impact MK 2. I went with .25 cal and a 700mm barrel. I upgraded to the DonnyFL moderator, I also put on the K&L rail extender, and an Atlas bi-pod. For optics I chose an ATX X-Sight 4K Pro with IR illuminator which has served me very well for my mission. Coupled with the ABL 1000 range finder it has been excellent on the hunt.

Being a PCP guy at the moment and primarily a hunter, I will likely do the majority of my posting in those areas of the forum.

Here is my rig. I have done a few other things to it since these pics and have plans for a few more mods, but I'll leave that for a separate post. I have lots of videos of nutria rat kills which I will also post in the hunting section at some point. I look forward to getting to know you guys and being a part of AGN.

1574435980_18656407035dd7fc8cb9cef6.43119358_IMG_20190604_144801.jpg

1574436000_5874853245dd7fca07fdef1.00074879_IMG_20190604_144754.jpg

Freaken awesome! You dove head first with a nice pcp. Most of us work our way up the pcp ladder but you're obviously much smarter then most of us.

I've been around long enough to know where this little hobby was heading. Not smarter, just wanted to cut to the chase. I was tired of wasting time with gear that was not precision and I wanted a tool that I knew would get the job done. This thing is like shooting a laser compared to what I had.

Chris Welcome to the forum as Joe said that's one Bad Ass Gun . I also hunt nutrias in Wa. just started a couple months ago , I'll take all the advice you can give lol . Those things are a kick in the butt to hunt & a very small window to hit them in the head when swimming unless they are going away from you as you know . Waiting to see some pictures . Darell 

Chris Welcome to the forum as Joe said that's one Bad Ass Gun . I also hunt nutrias in Wa. just started a couple months ago , I'll take all the advice you can give lol . Those things are a kick in the butt to hunt & a very small window to hit them in the head when swimming unless they are going away from you as you know . Waiting to see some pictures . Darell

Thank you Darell. Didn't know y'all had nutria way up there. They are an endless supply of fun. Not sure what your setup is like, but mine has proven to be VERY efficient. A .30 cal would be more effective, but I didn't want to decrease my shots per fill that much at this point since I'm still using a hand pump. I can't say enough about that ATN scope with ABL. At night time, you cannot beat this setup for the money. I have numerous videos on YouTube. I will start a thread in the hunting section some time soon and post links. I have a few shots of them swimming, but most are on land. Reach out to me if you want to share stories or get more info.

Welcome, I have the same set up except my gun is a gen2 and not the coveted MKll. This is a great place to feed the addiction and keep it healthy. ;^)

Thank you. I actually decided I wanted an FX Impact a few months prior to the MK 2 release, so I ended up waiting for it. Having never shot a gen 2 I can't compare, but I'm still glad I got what I got. It's a beautiful piece of fine tuned gear. I'm impressed with their whole lineup, this one just best suited my purpose.

Thank you for your service sir. You are wise for jumping into airgunning with both feet. It will save you loads in the long run. You’ve chosen a very enviable rig by the way. Congrats and welcome. Looking forward to pics and stories.

Thank you for your support Sir! And thank you for the compliments. I have pics and stories galore, some are even appropriate for the forum. 😂 They will come out in time.