• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

New targeting fun

Love my new Crazy 8s target I just got from PA. It makes a really nice ring sound when you hit the paddles. The paddles swing around and land on a bar that is used to reset all the paddles when you hit the top paddle. Problem is, I could never get all the paddles around as there was too much slop in the bushing that the reset bar swings from. The paddles hit that bar with so much force that with the slop, it would knock other paddles back around. I had to add the two bare metal pieces in the photo to eliminate the slop. Works like a charm now. Very nice addition.

Crazy_8s_target.jpg

I have one of those with four paddles plus the reset paddle. Very satisfying clunk when the paddle flips over onto the bar. No so dissimilar to the clunk of a field target being knocked over with a hit in the kill zone. 
I agree with likktysplyt on the .25 needing a thicker metal. I have a different one I use with .25. I believe it's made for .22 rimfire rifles. Enjoy!

Chas

Chas

I see conflicting information on these 4 paddle targets. PA says the Birchwood Casey model is for .177 only and has 2" paddles. Amazon says "The BW Casey Gallery .22 Rimfire resetting target has 2.5 inch paddles and airguns as 1.75 inch paddles." Whatever the heck that means. They also say the paddles are 2.5" Then there's one sold by Caldwell ( they all look the same) that says rimfire with 2.5" paddles. On Amazon, the Birchwood Casey is $27.20 and the Caldwell is $20.00 both available Prime. They look exactly the same. Got any input on all that? Thanks.

Added: Ah, found another one on Amazon called Caldwell air gun resetting target (same photo's as the others) for $13.59 with 1.5" paddles. I think that's the one I want if the info is true.

Here's the link to where to get the Birchwood Casey targets. As you can see, one is for rimfire rifles and one is for air rifles. I got the air rifle one for my .25 rifle. It's much beefier than what you'll get on the PA web site.

The ones on the PA web site are good for .177 only they say. Although I shoot mine with my .22 on a low power setting and it's OK. I imagine the max fpe for these (the ones sold on PA) is about 20 fpe. Max for the ones from the Birchwood Casey web site must be at least 70 fpe, if not more. 

https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Targets/World-of-Targets/World-of-Targets%C2%AE-Gallery%C2%AE-Resetting-Target.aspx

Hope this helps.

Chas

Here's the quick version video of me shooting the Crazy 8s target from 30 yards. Edited out all the delays. First shot on the eighth paddle was a miss. Bad pellet for sure. It actually hit the aluminum angle foot below the paddle. Missed by inches. All other shots good on first try. Got my 4 paddle version and will mod it like this one so it works right. I'm going to place it out at 50 yards.