• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New target!

I was reading another forum and found a current thread talking about raccoons getting into bird feeders. I thought, hmm.., I wonder if they are getting knocked down from squirrels or? So I went downstairs and turned on the back porch light...
IMG_2722.jpg

Unfortunately, I wasn't prepared so he got away... this time.

I was reading another forum and found a current thread talking about raccoons getting into bird feeders. I thought, hmm.., I wonder if they are getting knocked down from squirrels or? So I went downstairs and turned on the back porch light...
View attachment 440740
Unfortunately, I wasn't prepared so he got away... this time.
Never check for "bandits" unarmed !!

What's your setup? If you hunt it at night will you use a red light? I have some racoons that come on the deck at night but not sure how to set up for them. A trap would be easier but takes the fun out of it..
There are deck lights above which didn't spook him and there is a convenient window available in my shop off axis from the bird feeders. It will be about a 12 yard shot. I just need to set up about 10PM when he shows up for supper. I'll be using a Gamo Viper 22. I recently started the search for a Daystate Huntsman Revere 22. I am about 95% certain on the Revere but haven't decided new or used yet.

There are deck lights above which didn't spook him and there is a convenient window available in my shop off axis from the bird feeders. It will be about a 12 yard shot. I just need to set up about 10PM when he shows up for supper. I'll be using a Gamo Viper 22. I recently started the search for a Daystate Huntsman Revere 22. I am about 95% certain on the Revere but haven't decided new or used yet.
Revere 22 excellent !!