New Taipan Veteran Barrel

I think you are as likely to get a good or bad barrel from either, and most are very good. When I bought my .22 Veteran they were not using only LW barrels, and some people were not buying because they couldn't get a CZ barrel. My Vet will shoot with my RAW and Red Wolf, and I wouldn't trade it for a CZ barrel. It's just another urban legend without foundation. Maybe there was a production run that contained some flawed barrels, it happens. I don't know the facts surrounding the preference for CZ barrels, but IMO there is no need for concern about a LW barrel.

Reactions: jakeb
I think you are as likely to get a good or bad barrel from either, and most are very good. When I bought my .22 Veteran they were not using only LW barrels, and some people were not buying because they couldn't get a CZ barrel. My Vet will shoot with my RAW and Red Wolf, and I wouldn't trade it for a CZ barrel. It's just another urban legend without foundation. Maybe there was a production run that contained some flawed barrels, it happens. I don't know the facts surrounding the preference for CZ barrels, but IMO there is no need for concern about a LW barrel.
Thanks for sharing your experience!