(New taipan content)The Stable is forever changing for the better

So I upgraded my impact .177 to this 6 year old Taipan Veteran Compact built by @mtnghost_gunner some time back.

I'm going to turn thid Instagram into the most boring airgun ig page there is because in the end I'm only going to have taipans.

I put the huggett atom and br-4 g2 bipod on it from the other one because I have those two items on the way anyways.

Anyways

I'm going to do the same picatinny mount as this one is just screwed in and I feel I can def do better. Also has a scuff on the stock where your forearm would run alone on the bottom so I will likely wrap it with some black self adhesive tape for better grip anyways , and yup, I will be installing a digital manometer.

I got two compact .22 taipans now, one low power and this one that when I got it was cranked shooting 18.13 at 996 fps.... I'll leave it at that... it's a beast

taipanveterancompact #taipanairgun #taipanveteran #taipan #eaglevisionscoperings #eaglevisioncam #nolimitsrings #jsb #20moa #donnyfltanto #donnyflsuppressor #donnyfl #browningmat #browning #accutacbipod #accutachd50 #accutac #pcpairrifles #pcpairgun #hpa #fxusa #fxairguns #airgunnation #airgunner #huggettmoderator #utahairguns #czbarrel #Athlon #vectoroptics #accutac #accutacbipod

20220822_175714.jpg

20220822_175837.jpg

20220822_175730.jpg

Screenshot_20220822-173733_FX Radar.jpg

Screenshot_20220822-173728_FX Radar.jpg

Screenshot_20220822-173719_FX Radar.jpg

I don't mean to scare or alarm you, but it appears in fact you have a Facebook notification on your screenshot!

Just messing around, I've heard nothing but great things about these guns. If they were available in the great white North I'd own at least one and maybe a uragan also. Congrats hope it's good to you.

Nice package! :) Lefty, huh? Where did you get the charging handle?

So not many people realize you can easily swap the left hand cocking to right and right to left with no additional parts, I will be swapping this one back to right as the biathlon charging handle that was custom made by mtn ghost hits my cheek when shouldering.

Reactions: Mr.H
I think If your just going to shoot pellets then the tiapan is top notch....I have two atamans that are great so unless I want to waste money and start shooting slugs Im Good . If down the road I find the right deal on a tiapan 25 long I might buy one .

I scratched my itch to do the long range slug thing and it was all a novelty, at least in .22, energy retained is great vs muzzle energy but after like 125 yards / 150 yards I don't see myself shooting rabbits lmao. I can get close to rabbits and do it more effect closer.

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
I think If your just going to shoot pellets then the tiapan is top notch....I have two atamans that are great so unless I want to waste money and start shooting slugs Im Good . If down the road I find the right deal on a tiapan 25 long I might buy one .
The Ataman products do not seem to get the recognition that they deserve.

Had an M2R Ultra Compact that was outstanding and foolishly traded it off due to an abundance of compact .22 rifles.
I know realize that TOO MANY is just about right, at least according to the Enabling Squad Lol

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
The Ataman products do not seem to get the recognition that they deserve.

Had an M2R Ultra Compact that was outstanding and foolishly traded it off due to an abundance of compact .22 rifles.
I know realize that TOO MANY is just about right, at least according to the Enabling Squad Lol
@lisamike92 had an ataman he said was pretty good

Beautiful airgun! Great tune! Another home run by MTN Ghost. Wish he still did gunsmith work on the Taipans, but understand why he doesn't.
Me too, a lot of people unappreciative of the skills and time needed to construct/make 1 off parts!!
@CTairgunner1288 - I totally feel you about slugs, so happy with pellets in the end. I don't even bother anymore.
Yeah once you realize this, airgunning becomes fun again (y) :cool:

Reactions: CoyoteGod
@CTairgunner1288 - I totally feel you about slugs, so happy with pellets in the end. I don't even bother anymore.
I will go as far as to try slugs from my limited selection in a new airgun and if they shoot well, Cool! If they do not shoot well, then I simply feed them pellets that they like and I am all good.
A long shot for me is 100 yards, with 98% of shots on pests and game at 50 or less, so I am pretty content with pellets. The heavy. 25s and 44.75 30s hit like hammers at that range and I have yet to feel like I am lacking if a suitable caliber is chosen for intended use.

Back on topic

You have a knack for gussying up a Taipan my friend. They are tricked out, but tasteful. Not over the top, and every bit has a purpose if you know what you are looking at.
Well done, once again!

I will go as far as to try slugs from my limited selection in a new airgun and if they shoot well, Cool! If they do not shoot well, then I simply feed them pellets that they like and I am all good.
A long shot for me is 100 yards, with 98% of shots on pests and game at 50 or less, so I am pretty content with pellets. The heavy. 25s and 44.75 30s hit like hammers at that range and I have yet to feel like I am lacking if a suitable caliber is chosen for intended use.

Back on topic

You have a knack for gussying up a Taipan my friend. They are tricked out, but tasteful. Not over the top, and every bit has a purpose if you know what you are looking at.
Well done, once again!
The .25 33.95 is probably my favorite projectile to date! they actually buck the wind very well for a pellet under .30 cal and fly really well out to 100!

Also thank you very much :)

The .25 33.95 is probably my favorite projectile to date! they actually buck the wind very well for a pellet under .30 cal and fly really well out to 100!

Also thank you very much :)
My main rig for Raccoon sized critters is a compact Impact in .25 running the heavies right at 900. Limiting myself to 50 yards or so and putting a good shot on them is like flipping a switch to dropNflop. Bad medicine for real!!
The 100 yard BR matches in Cincinnati have been won several times by a .25 shooter, once in particular shooting a 231 card and 2 other cards in the high 220s. MK2s are no joke!