• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Streamlight hunt light for the TalonP

hello --

Got a new huntin light today. Streamlight Pro-Tac Railmount 1, similar to my 18-mo old EDC Streamlight. Remote switch has all the functions of the tailcap, momentary and click-On, high and low brightness. These lights run off single AA or 123, giving 350 lumens on HIGH with the 123's. Given the nightwork is mostly 25 yards and under, plenty light even on LOW. The remote is a bit big for this TalonP, but thanks to AF for making the forestock solid...fastened the tape switch with the included screws.

Mark

IMG_9119.1611882412.JPG

Hello --

Actually, I have not done much to my TalonP at all. Um, I run the stock hammer and 0.123" port for my kid to shoot, and then the .232" port and 88 gram hammer for pesting. Lapped a USO TS-12 FFP MHR compact scope into some SportsMatch rings. I have a donny Sumo, which is sufficient for my environments and needs.

Lost my laser when I switched from the generic light/laser combo. Am now looking for a loprofile laser for night ranging, indispensible in these tight overgrown orchards and fields.

But, this light. It rocks. that previous light had a xenon module, and none of my Surefire 6V Cree modules would fit. The Streamlight Cree runs much hotter color temp, so has that daylight snap, clearer target picture through the scope. The two step brightness is nice for scanning a scene, target ax...HIGH for taking aim.

Got this TalonP out of the AF BLEM bin last May 2020, and have been shooting it EVERYDAY since.

Mark

Below is how I originally intended to mount this light, so as to reclaim my bipod rail. The offset mount arrived in the mail today. Had to switch to shooting left handed last year so this config might look kinda backward. Got the light mounted so is against the body when slung, less risk of snagging brush and stuffs. On the browse for another mount try and get that light snug up against the shroud more better.

Also am on the lookout for a lowpro laser to fit direct over the bore, one that gets over the side mount, but will tuck under the bell of the scope, between the sling stud and light. I find a laser used in this manner is quite helpful ranging against the reticle at night. 

Mark

IMG_9139.1612479975.JPG