• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch New springer on the way

Thats how I feel about my Element. The one I bought for the HW97K wound up on another rifle, so I need another one. I may go first focal plane on this one.
Splitting hairs on glass vs element this has a few extras though. I have a helix 6x24 50mm on my impact. Honestly the extra weight prob wouldn’t even be noticeable on the hw97k.

IMG_0816.jpeg

Last edited:
Splitting hairs on glass vs element this has a few extras though. I have a helix 6x24 50mm on my impact. Honestly the extra weight prob wouldn’t even be noticeable on the hw97k.

View attachment 450817
I have an Athelon on my Crown. It's a first gen, FFP. 6x24x50.

Screenshot_20240331_011113_Gallery.jpg

I hate it when that happens. The rush will be better when you get it. I just realized after posting my wife is off next week for spring break so I’m gonna get it. Little does she know some my golf buddies are already organizing to do 1000 yard shooting and I already have my eyes on a sako trg 22a1 and a nightforce!!!!
where i live EVERYTHING go's to Nashville then to me in KY. Nashville is the worst hub in the system i think , sometimes my mail / packages go back and forth in Nashville never leaving the city . OR to Memphis TN and back , Very frustrating .

where i live EVERYTHING go's to Nashville then to me in KY. Nashville is the worst hub in the system i think , sometimes my mail / packages go back and forth in Nashville never leaving the city . OR to Memphis TN and back , Very frustrating .
My last order was the worst. They used a new upstart shipping company called Pandion. They sent the package 980 miles east, then about 700 miles south to Georgia, then to Nashville, where it sat for an entire week, and finally down to me in Louisiana.
I told them that I would never use their free shipping again.

I got this message via USPS tracking, on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and today probably computer generated, "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility." Really tells me nothing. I did submitt a lost package request on Saturday, as it would not allow me to do so Friday, since the delivery was scheduled for Thursday, March 28. You would think it would be scanned somewhere in all that time and the location known. Ah, the efficiency of the Post Office?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bandito
Got my gun today. Vortek kit installed. The test shot numbers look pretty good!

View attachment 451496
Yes they look strong for a 97, wonder what pellet they used? I've never had my 97 shoot that strong, I did get my 77K up to 920 with a 7.9 pellet, but ended up turning it back down to 835 for a "easier" to shoot accurately gun.
But also, I've never tried a Vortek spring either, only factory springs and JM springs.

Reactions: Bandito
Looks like
Yes they look strong for a 97, wonder what pellet they used? I've never had my 97 shoot that strong, I did get my 77K up to 920 with a 7.9 pellet, but ended up turning it back down to 835 for a "easier" to shoot accurately gun.
But also, I've never tried a Vortek spring either, only factory springs and JM springs.
rws hobby

Reactions: bustachip
Thanks it’s been a fun day! This thing reminds me of being a kid and drooling over the high end springers in a catalog knew I’d never have.
I've been looking at them since my old Robert Beeman catalogs.
Back in the day I wound up with a .20 cal R1 20th Anniversary instead. I lost that R1, and a P1, in a house burglery in 95.
I replaced the P1 with an HW75, and now the R1, with an .20cal HW97K BL . When it gets here anyway. Lol

I've been looking at them since my old Robert Beeman catalogs.
Back in the day I wound up with a .20 cal R1 20th Anniversary instead. I lost that R1, and a P1, in a house burglery in 95.
I replaced the P1 with an HW75, and now the R1, with an .20cal HW97K BL . When it gets here anyway. Lol
Hopefully later this week.