• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch New springer on the way

Got my gun today. Vortek kit installed. The test shot numbers look pretty good!

View attachment 451496
Took a look at my notes and my HW97K with Vortek PG4 kit and Vacuseal is shooting 14.5 to 15 ft/lbs with the pellets I chronied at the time(JSB 8.44 Diablo and H&N FTT 8.64) I never shot anything as light as 7 grain pellets. I don't believe that is a good match for that powerplant.

Got my gun today. Vortek kit installed. The test shot numbers look pretty good!

View attachment 451496
Beautiful rifle there. Congratulations! Nice tight extreme spread! A real good sign. I'm not sure if they installed a vortek piston seal.? If they didn't the power is a little light but not by much. If they did use the Vortek seal it'll loosen up and shoot stronger with use. It should be around 14 to 15 fpe with 8. 64FTTs or 8.44 JSB Exacts. The Exacts will make more power but the FTTs will likely be more consistently accurate. Try to stay with ~8-9 grain pellets. The pellets mentioned above and the AA 8.44 JSB clones work best in those guns at that power.

Beautiful rifle there. Congratulations! Nice tight extreme spread! A real good sign. I'm not sure if they installed a vortek piston seal.? If they didn't the power is a little light but not by much. If they did use the Vortek seal it'll loosen up and shoot stronger with use. It should be around 14 to 15 fpe with 8. 64FTTs or 8.44 JSB Exacts. The Exacts will make more power but the FTTs will likely be more consistently accurate. Try to stay with ~8-9 grain pellets. The pellets mentioned above and the AA 8.44 JSB clones work best in those guns at that power.
Same pellet recommendations I offered above! And yes, the FTT pellets love that rifle and power level. Exceptional performance. I'd grab a few tins, maybe the various skirt sizes and shoot it in. I've been having less success with the newer batches of JSB pellets for what it's worth. Good luck and have fun!

Same pellet recommendations I offered above! And yes, the FTT pellets love that rifle and power level. Exceptional performance. I'd grab a few tins, maybe the various skirt sizes and shoot it in. I've been having less success with the newer batches of JSB pellets for what it's worth. Good luck and have fun!
I have the jsb lineup because my impact barrel was designed around them but will try out the FTT. Just took a few shots and after mounting the scope it was already pretty close. The 4.52 I can tell is already going to be a winner with the 8.44 jsb so I’ll try the 4.52 FTTs also and it’s nice to see they are much cheaper. It’s been a while since I shot a springer. PCP is cheating in comparison. I love this thing it will get my shooting fundamentals dialed.

Reactions: Bandito