New spring and hammer on Condor SS, now it won’t cock

I have been searching hi and low for some kind of answer or solution to this problem. I bought an upgrade from Xxx. New Extreme valve, regulator, hammer and spring.
The instructions were somewhat good and I installed everything. I thought it was weird that I had to almost stand on the barrel to get it in far enough to get the bushings screwed in. I got it assembled and took it out to shoot.
It was extremely difficult to cock. I knew the new spring was stiffer, but about 80% up I hit a hard spot. I didn’t know what it was but I didn’t like it. I shot the gun for a week, then yesterday, I went to shoot it, I loaded it, shot it, and went to cock it again and the whole assembly puked out of the breach.
I took it apart and reassembled it this morning. It cocked, I loaded, shot, and now she won’t cock. I finally found a video this morning on the proper way to take the barrel out. It was not the same process detailed in the instructions the retailer sent me. The correct process is to cock the rifle, then hold the bolt, decock the safety and pull the trigger. Power wheel all the way down. The rest is screws and such, pull out the barrel and such.
My instructions said nothing about decoking. I guess that’s why I had to force it back in. So, I think I’ve bunged up something. I’ve read posts about cocking problems and they all suggest removing the auto safety. Can somebody please help me?
I’m new to the Airgun community. I bought a cheap break barrel 3 months ago and have become obsessed. As of to date, I know I’ve spent over 6k on guns, accessories etc. My Condor and my Texan are my babies. My .357 is power modded like crazy thanks to AAO and Jeremy.
Can someone help me get my .25 back in action.I have the barrel out now, I see the safety tab is up in the "safety off" position. and when I switch it to safety on, the tab goes down. The trigger mechanism up in front of the safety is up. So can I knock out the pin for the auto safety? What am I to do? The first pic is with the safety on, the second is safety off. I'm at a loss.

1598758173_6821095445f4b1d1d138546.86171815.JPG
    1598758171_9485992755f4b1d1bda26d6.99435553.JPG
  • Notify

Try the factory spring to se if something is damaged first...some frames don't like heavy spring not by the weight of the spring load . Is because the thickness of the wire for some reason..I have to change mine from heavy thick but shoot spring to a stronger n longer in factory thickness spring n both guns are working great...the thicker spring even fire the gun when the safety was taken off n make the trigger pull harder..with the thin but longer spring I have the same power and a way better shot circling ..

Mercado, thanks I will try that. I did punch out the auto bar last night and finally decided to open the trigger assembly to take a look. I had to fiddle with the levers to get the one to retract up in the shroud to let the hammer slide past. I don't remember if I hit the trigger or what sequence of decocking the gun happed the first time I installed the new hammer and spring.maybe that was the problem. It was 2 a.m. when I stopped. I am going to go finish it up this morning and see if I fixed it. I was crosseyed and pooped messing with that thing for 4 hours.

I am new to the PCP world, and man, I love it! Funny thing is, I upgraded my Texan about a week later. The directions were different. AAO told me about tripping that lever in the assembly to get my sping and hammer in and out. The pdf I got for doing the .25 did not. Their directions are for removing just the barrel now that I think about it It didn't dawn on me to rewind and do the same to my Condor until last night. If it doesn't work here shortly, I will put the lighter spring in and let ya know.