Snowpeak New SPA M60 Coming for those who love tinkering

I will say that whatever that Snowpeak thing at the top of the page is, it’s probably like everything else they make. Excellent idea, poor execution. Why do I like it and think it’s a clever idea? You can’t beat how a tube gun handles. I hunt with bottle guns and tube guns. Bottle guns are just out of whack with their potbellied ergonomics compared to a tube gun. That gun above would work nice from the bench and transition nicely into a walking around gun. The gun is more streamlined because it’s not blowing a carbon fiber bubble.

Yup if you cant make your own parts you should stay away from snowpeak products. That same prettymuch covers every cheap brand of airguns in general. Hatsans for example are even harder to get parts to and those turkish pile of junks are even far worse design and qualitywise.
If fixing designflaws and changing parts is issue to you defo stick with high price top brand airguns with decent guarantee and customer support.

Snowpeak guns are a bit rough but I find them more reliable on the whole than most otner brands for holding air and working well. They are so easy to tear apart as well and parts are cheap.
Finally got a chance to shoot my M11 25 cal again the other day and it was shooting awesome at 75 yards with the fx hybrid slugs. A lot better than the FX Crown MK2 I was testing a few weeks before.
I agree recrowning the barrel is often needed but once that is done they can be super accurate and the Stormrider barrels really seem to like slugs in 22 and 177 cal. Been getting great feedback on guys using those barrels at long range with Nielsen slugs. I personally like them better than any of the Turkish guns though I do love the Turkish Walnut stocks. 😊
I'm looking forward to getting some of the M60 in and the M25 Big bore rifles. Should be fun testing! 👍

Snowpeak guns are a bit rough but I find them more reliable on the whole than most otner brands for holding air and working well. They are so easy to tear apart as well and parts are cheap.
Finally got a chance to shoot my M11 25 cal again the other day and it was shooting awesome at 75 yards with the fx hybrid slugs. A lot better than the FX Crown MK2 I was testing a few weeks before.
I agree recrowning the barrel is often needed but once that is done they can be super accurate and the Stormrider barrels really seem to like slugs in 22 and 177 cal. Been getting great feedback on guys using those barrels at long range with Nielsen slugs. I personally like them better than any of the Turkish guns though I do love the Turkish Walnut stocks. 😊
I'm looking forward to getting some of the M60 in and the M25 Big bore rifles. Should be fun testing! 👍
let us know if the m60 is on the way love to try them

The Snowpeak might be a bit rough around the edges, but they're designs works very well. They're robust and easy to work on and the perfect learning platform. My first of this brand was a PR900W. It was so cheap and looked like a fun .177. It was a bit fussy with pellets at first. But because it was cheap I felt nothing to take it appart. I polished a burr from the barrel port and learned to do a crown and gave the barrel a light pollish. It was very rewarding to find it to be more accurate than my other airguns. The Snowpeak/Artimes/SMK make power quite well. My PR900W (unregulated) shot the JSB Monster RD's super well at 860fps and the normal Jsb Heavies quite hot, but very uccurate. No HS tuning or any power mods.
If the M60 is designed as good as the other M series guns I have had, I'll be happy. The Turkesh guns give more problems with softer parts (especially velves) in comparison. I understand it is hard to get parts in the States, but what part can you possibly need? You can find velves and spring on Ebay. Some Carm mags from wherever they come from (got mine quick last time). If you really have to replace the barrel, you prabably won't get a OEM barrel anyway. (Can't find them in my country either but they do shoot slugs very well after a clean-up)

I have had the PP700, pp750, P12 (use that for fieldtarget) and the P18…

No roughnes out of the box…parts are without bures or crap… just the O rings suck with all off them!

Pp750 .177 shot 4 leafed clovers at 50 meters (54 yards)… the P12 hacksaw “Metallica, ride the lightning” bullpup is still in my posession!!
3E030FF4-C5F7-46DF-B901-4DCA94AF0F57.jpeg

6A33CDDE-FCAC-4567-B902-47B0897E129F.jpeg

as is my Priest two with a prophet lever kit🤘!!!!!

I’ve had BSA’s Weihraugh, daystates, AirArms, i only stay clear of Hatsans!!

I’m verry curious off the Artemis,Snowpeak M60… ( with the airtube) hope to get my hands on one off them!!

I quit all the expencive guns!! Ok the Priest is an exeption.. but a great exeption!

I realy love my Chinese guns!!

Before shooting I took my Daystate hunsman apart, as i did my Chinese toys😉

Last edited:
I have three SPA P35s so it is fair to say I have a more favorable view of them than some other owners. I bought the first, a 25 caliber, in October of 2021. I liked it so much I bought a 177 and 22 in May of 2022 when Krale got them in stock. Part of the reason I really like them is they are short and light and I can shoot them. I shoot from my left shoulder so bullpups with magazines that stick into my face and those with the cocking handle at the rear on the right are not of interest. The M60 looks like I would have an issue with it's magazine location but for a right handed shooter wanting a gun with a 24 inch barrel (the P35 is only 18) it may be a nice. I would not worry much about the velocity, it is quite conservative on the P35. I turned the regulator down on my 25 caliber to keep it from shooting H&N FTTs over 900 fps. That is a light pellet for a 25 but it is lead. It's still shooting them at about 875, above the 800 rating.

There is a range in the barrels on my 3 P35s and a range on how well their regulator works too. The 22 is my most accurate gun, powder or air. The 25, my first, is the least accurate but still plenty good enough to put the smack on squirrels for me. My 22 has twice put three shots in a row in the same hole at 25 yards. I put four out of five in a group under 1/8th inch at 30 yards today with my 177. The regulator of the 22 has an extreme spread of about 16 and a SD under 4 last time I measured it. The others are under 30, normally, about the same as my Avenger. I think the variability in my P35s is about what I would expect in a gun in this price range.

The only thing that bothered me a little on the M60 specs is the air storage. I think it was 205cc. That isn't a lot (but is more than the Avenger). The P15/P35/Stoeger bullshark guns have 265cc volume in their tubes which is nice.

I really like the near exclusive use of metal in my P35s action and the ability to tweak the shroud and have them be quiet without a moderator. I like my Avenger but I don't care for the plastic end caps on the shroud and the lack of any baffling in the shroud. At least the latter seems to be addressed in the new models, however. I've only changed come O-rings in my P35, none in the other two. I ordered some from Mr. O-ring so I'll have them when it is needed. I did use a brass screw and some JBs to clean up the chatter on the crowns and I adjusted the triggers to a very light first stage and about 1 lb second stage. For relatively low priced guns I think they are quite nice.

I like mine Artemis/Snowpeak PCP's
Simple to work at, they do what they must do. And mine PP700SA compact is the best pistol for me.
I own one Hatsan, but I think that the building quility of the Snowpeak's is beter.

Reactions: martylee38
I watched the tear down of a M60 and the moderator design with multiple separable chambers and unique threads used for attachment were interesting. It also appeared the moderator holds the shroud on and the shroud is used for almost nothing - no baffles or venting. I'm not looking for more power or a heavier rifle and I suspect the magazines sticks out too much for me but it is an interesting design. Some things seem similar to an Impact.

Sooooo. I got the M60. I knew the plenum space was going to be small. but i didn’t expect it to be only min 20cc or max 23cc. The inside hole is only 11mm diameter and about 9.5 to 9.8 inches deep. The bigger inside diameter is occupied by the removable valve. The type that I don’t like with multiple exhaust ports, 4 in this valve.

I propped a 500cc bottle and there is 1mm clearance between bottle and shroud. So a bottle conversion is viable but a lot of work. I can see adding a plenum via the 8mm gauge port, but flow will be limited via a smaller hole. Unless I can fit a 10mm gauge hole. I can make a custom valve for better flow but that small plenum will not be worth the work.

If adding a bottle, adding 20cc plenum and performance valve. I see max 60fpe in 22 cal. But as is right now, it’s a pellet and hybrid slugs gun.

it is a quality piece! Everything is well made, and tight fit. It’s not bad for $650 shipped, it would have been stellar deal if plenum is +40cc. I wish the trigger linkage wasn’t on the bottom so I can add a bottom plenum.

the shroud has a feature where you can tighten to stiffen up. The barrel is already on the thicker side too. Trigger is very good! Very useable for hunting or target shooting, light, fast and crisp break.

Overall, I Like it! If accuracy is like a p15 or p35 in 22 cal. it’s a buy!

10480C82-4DF5-436A-A737-8ABA4850ACAA.jpeg
EDF78923-FE7B-424F-A7DA-122E31EE1662.jpeg

0F279687-0D0E-49E1-852D-58DCC72CD7E1.jpeg

Last edited:
No, the pressure tube of this m60 doesnt flow through to the valve, it hits a regulator and the regulator flows to the valve via a 11mm hole by 240mm long. You can only add plenum to the regulated side but this one doesnt have alot of options. Only through the gauge port. Its probably unsafe else where.

Shooting 14.3grains at 925fps with the hammer spring all the way backed out at 14.5bars. 28.6 grains at 750fps. It has potential but need new valve and pin probe