New SPA Artemis PP750

If a body wanted to mount a red dot or small optic behind the magazine, kindly note the rear iron sight is held in place by two screws. It would seem an easy task to measure center to center distance of the screw holes, drill out a short length of picatinny rail, and screw it in where the iron sight was previously located. I don't believe the magazine is too high off the breech to prevent this from working. One could always get a "high" optic mount for a scope, but I believe a red dot or other 1X optic would stick up high enough to clear the magazine.

Further, I didn't notice any graduated stops on the shoulder stock rails. It seemed to be either all in or all out. My concern is eyeball to lens distance for proper focus. I wonder if putting a tight o-ring on those rails could adjust how far back the buttplate goes.

Poor....senile.... but well intentioned, kindly 'Ol Uncle Hoot

The magazine is up to 7mm from the dovetail 11mm 

1581448733_7235566835e42fe1d46a896.89997328_picatinny.jpg

this picatinny rail is 145mm long can do the job

Here's two types of China's finest red dot optics, both have built-in picatinny mounts. The mounting bases are both 55mm/2.2" in length. Obviously the sight picture will not be affected by the magazine height above the breech if you choose to mount where the rear iron sight is located and the short base of the red dots should fit lengthwise with no problem.

Kindly 'Ol Uncle Hoot

"It's like I told my wife...I only look stupid!"

I was just posting over on the Optics forum and remembered this thread.

I just received a Konus AS34 2-6x28 for my P-Rod.

It has a built in mount that can be flipped. It's dovetail on one side and picatinny on the other.

The way it fits on my P-Rod the mount is only in front of the magazine. I'm not sure it it will work in the PP750 but I thought I'd post it.

Here is a picture mounted direct on the dovetail side. The built in mount is just under 2.75" long, or about 68 mm.

It's a bit low for the P-Rod and will need a riser unless it would be used with a single shot tray only.

1581556965_20714064255e44a4e5f2ddf1.00664550_Konus A34 dovetail.jpg

Note that this scope has parallax fixed at 100 yards. Unfortunately I didn't realize that until after it shipped (long story). To my untrained eye it looks like the parallax can be adjusted on this model but I'm new to all this so I posted over on the Optics forum.

Also, I have Hawke 20 mm red dot that mounts direct to my P-Rod. I mount it in front of the magazine and my vision is not affected when the magazine is in place. It just barely sneaks in below the ocular lens. I can post pictures of that if it will help anyone.

If anyone needs measurements on the Konus or the Hawke red dot let me know.

Here is a picture mounted direct on the dovetail side. The built in mount is just under 2.75" long, or about 68 mm.

It's a bit low for the P-Rod and will need a riser unless it would be used with a single shot tray only.

1581556965_20714064255e44a4e5f2ddf1.00664550_Konus A34 dovetail.jpg

I forgot to mention that as the scope is mounted above it has sufficient eye relief at 6x to sit that far forward on the P-Rod. 

I think that would be a good trait with the PP750 so the back of the scope and the telescopic stock are close to even when in the closed position. I've also tried a Bugbuster and an inexpensive Hawke 2-7 that just had to set too far off the back of the gun for sufficient eye relief.

I eventually want a folding or telescopic stock on the P-Rod so short eye relief scopes have pretty much been ruled out. Obviously a P-Rod and a PP750 aren't the same gun but with the forward dovetail I saw some similarities and wanted to post what I have found so far.

Now, THAT is cool, Wes, that you have your own scope brand!! 😄

Please, when you get a chance, send me the info that I couldn't find on the web — and I will include your scope in my Scope Specs Table for short scopes.

—Parallax side focus, or AO?

—Max. elevation adjustment range

—Springer rated?

—Warranty?

—SPF I assume?

👍🏼

Matthias