• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Sniper ZT5-25x50 FFP for Gauntlet .25

Dog

Jul 22, 2023
Moved!
Yes, all snipers must have red turret caps! The parallax wheel not in the box so now in the mail, but, the all important honeycomb killflash was in the box. US store for Chinese scopes with support so works for me. Very little turret mush and decent glass at 24x for older eyes. Only have 35 yards to zero so need to get it out of the hood for longer range fun. $220 rifle with $250 scope makes blowing pennies in half boring ;)

Moondog did a nice review on his Utube site.

Sniper.jpg

Back in March 2022, Sniper made big splash with 6.5-20x42 for $139 on Amazon. Very impressive for the price, great reticle and smooth functioning. Optics are good, not quite Vector Veyron, but enjoy it on Taipan Veteran .25. Old scope broke on Gauntlet .25, replaced with $120s Marcool 5.5-25x50 FFP, clunky adjusting but clear, bright optics, sharp focus. Pleasantly surprised. WM
IMG_20240115_172930 - Copy.jpg

Reactions: Dog
I was given a nice little Vortex 7x scope. If the thing had parallax focus I would be using that, and the lack of the flash hider a huge plus ;)
Shame we don’t have a site to test rifle scopes to the same measurements as camera lenses sites. We could judge the best bang for the budget on a level playing field. My local gun store has Swarovski Rifle Scopes so I do not want to ruin my eyes looking thru them!

Cheers

Reactions: WorriedMan