New slugs ATP King .22 40gr and .25 slugs for Huben and Leshiy

coincidentally, youtuber RusBear is currently testing our ATP King. 22 , who regularly ranks at the top of the Extreme Benchrest competition and this year won first place in the combined disciplines with one rifle:
I hope that due to his achieved results, this is a sufficiently reliable source for you, since there is no relationship between us (business or otherwise).
I have also arranged with local contributor steve123 to send our slugs for testing.

Reactions: Pale_Rider
this is the label from our website for using the sample test, but AtlasAirguns couldn't read it because it used a pack of slugs over 2 years old that is no longer used and is not on oure webside.

First, try this Sample pack!​

Before you purchase ATP slugs for the first time, we recommend purchasing this Sample Pack of ATP slugs first. This is used to determine the appropriate diameter of the projectile that best suits your airgun. The set includes three types of rounds of diameters: 5.50 mm (.2165), 5.49 mm (.2161) and 5.48 mm (.2157). Thoroughly clean the barrel before first testing. For the test, it is best to test 10 or more shots of one diameter in a row, with shot group about 3-5 shots. In the first few shots, the barrel first has to run in with new slugs and the best shots are achieved after the barrel gets used to it. We recommend first testing the largest diameter and then trying smaller diameters. If you hear the whistling sound of a slug flight or impact off the target, then go back to a larger diameter.

since I'm back and I find that an airgun with a barrel with a 1:32 twist was probably used, then it's not worth talking about the possible accuracy at all, since it goes against the basics of ballistics, since slugs = bullets behave the same as bullets for firearms and require basic ballistic prerequisites for stable flight, and the most important thing is gyroscopic stability, which firearms shooters who reload or test their own cartridges clearly know that the value of the stability coefficient must be at least above 1, better above 1.5 , otherwise the projectile will not be stable.
For these calculations of gyroscopic stability is used Muller's formula or Greenhill's formula.
Here is an example of a calculation using an online stability calculator based on the input data. Yes, these are all variables that matter, so the same bullet = slug can only be stable for a certain given muzle velocity, both up and down.

Example for ATP slugs 31gr used pointlessly in the video for barrel twist 1:32 where the stability coefficient is only 0.46, i.e. much below 1 and therefore extremely unstable :

The second picture has narrowed imputs except for one and that is the barrel twist 1:17.7 (standard LW airgun barrel), here the stability is 1.5 and thus the condition for a fully stable flight of slugs is ensured.
Additionally, BT (boat tail) slugs or bullets like Altaros ATP slugs are more prone to gyroscopic stability than flat base slugs or bullets.

If AtlasAirguns knew at least the basics of ballistics, he would know that he was doing an absolutely pointless test, and if he knew them, then he was deliberately doing a falsified test according to the presentation of his results.

Of course, stability is a secondary issue, because if you put a small diameter slug in a large barrel, there will be no rotation at all, since the grooves will not hold the projectile and the only rotation will be provided by the choke at the end of the barrel, but by already deformed slugs

ATP stability 32.png

ATP stability 17.7.png

@Altaros I filmed your customers shooting your product out of their airguns. The airgun and the barrel twist rate was not of your choosing (nor was it the preferred platform for the other slugs that performed well in the test). So? Your slug didn't perform well in that airgun/barrel. It is what it is. I'll post the video here for reference since you keep talking about it.

Calling customers dumb isn't going to win you anymore plastic gold medals, especially with me. I've decided to purchase some of these miracle pills from you and I will make sure they get tested to MY specifics , I do have access to just about any airgun in the world with exception to the mythical M24 you used to produce the world record.

that video was a poor test, , playing around having fun. I would call it a try out, but lacked the effort to make a slug shooter.
Good times,, boys playing with their toys, but they did learn what did not work,,, gonna have to play some more, it is a hobby:)
can not expect good results if the barrel and slugs are not sized to match and twist rates do matter.

I just received my Altaros slugs today, smooth and the ribbed 6.45mm size,, I have a 2021 Huben 25 cal
they perform better than the AVS I have tried,,, I will play with them some more and will end up buying more
just 3 mags through it so far and they are grouping pretty close to what I get with Jsb 33gr at 40 yds, that is GOOD

that video was a poor test, , playing around having fun. I would call it a try out, but lacked the effort to make a slug shooter.
Good times,, boys playing with their toys, but they did learn what did not work,,, gonna have to play some more, it is a hobby:)
can not expect good results if the barrel and slugs are not sized to match and twist rates do matter.

I just received my Altaros slugs today, smooth and the ribbed 6.45mm size,, I have a 2021 Huben 25 cal
they perform better than the AVS I have tried,,, I will play with them some more and will end up buying more
just 3 mags through it so far and they are grouping pretty close to what I get with Jsb 33gr at 40 yds, that is GOOD
Yeah we were having fun and doing a quick test since they had them on hand. But I will be doing a proper Altaros review here in the near future and see how they work this time...at 25 yards against NSAs and KOs.

only 40 yds, off bags, 16 shots, Huben K2021 25 cal Altaros smooth 6.45 for Hubens/Leshy
blind old man with cataracts forming, I do not like how the trigger is set on this gun, I have to figure out the adjustment for it
I drink to much,,,, coffee,,, shake like a cat,,, that ate razor blades.
Bobby cat doesn't think I am punny

I'm so sorry to have to say it like that.
But Mr. Atlas Airguns doesn't want any slugs other than ZAN's, I think. And that's why everything else has to be badmouthed. At least that's what I gather from other forums where he works. I would like to justify it with the fact that he always expresses himself badly here. Complaining about the video quality and even leaving an absolutely lousy video. You can't even see breakpoints and so on. Of course, you can also shoot so far off the mark. So I think he lacks objectivity. No offense.

Reactions: Airfuture
But Mr. Atlas Airguns doesn't want any slugs other than ZAN's, I think. And that's why everything else has to be badmouthed. At least that's what I gather from other forums where he works. I would like to justify it with the fact that he always expresses himself badly here. Complaining about the video quality and even leaving an absolutely lousy video. You can't even see breakpoints and so on. Of course, you can also shoot so far off the mark. So I think he lacks objectivity. No offense.
Feedback appreciated. But I have no affiliation with Zan and I've never even bought/shot Zan slugs just FYI. I'm a bit curious at why you arrived at that opinion? Or what other forums you are talking about? This is the only one I am on....

I have no formed opinion on it other than that they performed poorly out of that airgun.

Not actually sure what you mean there . I have shot many many slugs and to be honest .. I “sadly” agree with Atlas because having used them .. they are not good ! Sorry but that’s the truth

Feedback appreciated. But I have no affiliation with Zan and I've never even bought/shot Zan slugs just FYI. I'm a bit curious at why you arrived at that opinion? Or what other forums you are talking about? This is the only one I am on....

I have no formed opinion on it other than that they performed poorly out of that airgun.
I don't understand why they don't want Altaros to make good slugs. Even on my videos you can see that they work well. In the shots that went wrong at 150 meters you can see that it was a shooting error for me. For me personally, after Altaros slugs, there are only Javelin slugs. And as promised, I will also post a video to compare.

only 40 yds, off bags, 16 shots, Huben K2021 25 cal Altaros smooth 6.45 for Hubens/Leshy
blind old man with cataracts forming, I do not like how the trigger is set on this gun, I have to figure out the adjustment for it
I drink to much,,,, coffee,,, shake like a cat,,, that ate razor blades.
Bobby cat doesn't think I am punny
Excellent results for sure on your Huben. Yes, we were having fun indeed.

I will say that while twist rates etc may matter, we did not only learn what doesn’t work, we learned what does. At 60 yards I was shooting very respectable groups with the other slugs, out of a gun that by all accounts, according to y’all, since I know didly about slugs, should not be able to shoot slugs anyway.

I’m primarily a pellet shooter, and will be unlikely at this point to buy a gun just so I can shoot one particular slug, and by that I do mean any, not just the Altaros. But, it’s nice to have choices, and if the need, urge, or whatever arises, I know I can reach for a slug that is minute of squirrel at 60 yards.

Not trying to have a pissing contest, but, for me, that’s good enough, time well spent, and useful data to be had.

Reactions: jarmstrong
I don't understand why they don't want Altaros to make good slugs. Even on my videos you can see that they work well. In the shots that went wrong at 150 meters you can see that it was a shooting error for me. For me personally, after Altaros slugs, there are only Javelin slugs. And as promised, I will also post a video to compare.
I think we all want good shooting slugs, brand doesn't matter. The more different offerings the better, what I personally have a problem with is fake nonsense claims such as 1000 yard world record using a gun nobody can buy. Talk about awful video quality, it's embarrassing people believe it. I'm a bit shocked that this crap is even allowed to be "promoted" here on this forum. I say this because some other products that are actually real and proven have been disallowed being advertised here. Dignity has to be worth more than the money involved, unfortunately it's a club some of us can't participate in.

I would still like to know how you arrived at the conclusion that I am only supporting Zan, especially since I have never shot or owned any. I would also like to know what other forums you are referring to since I only belong to this one? I would also like to know a post in which I "expresse[d] [myself] badly" (if you can cite a post where I acted inappropriately I am willing to apologize though I don't think this statement is based on fact). Waiting for your reply and clarification on all the above.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we all want good shooting slugs, brand doesn't matter. The more different offerings the better, what I personally have a problem with is fake nonsense claims such as 1000 yard world record using a gun nobody can buy. Talk about awful video quality, it's embarrassing people believe it. I'm a bit shocked that this crap is even allowed to be "promoted" here on this forum. I say this because some other products that are actually real and proven have been disallowed being advertised here. Dignity has to be worth more than the money involved, unfortunately it's a club some of us can't participate in.
I agree with you that it is good if there are many types of slugs. I don't care about 1000 yards either. I personally don't want to do that either. With my rifle I can get 400 meters with Altaros Slugs and hit the soup can with 7 rounds out of 10. I can't do that with any other ammo except the Javelin up to 350 meters. It doesn't go any further because the ZF adjustment range ends there. If others get along better with other ammunition, I'm happy for them. But if it's badmouthed from the start, even though it's been proven, I ask myself why one or the other doesn't want it to be true. I hope you understand what I want to say. My English is definitely not the best. sorry

I agree with you that it is good if there are many types of slugs. I don't care about 1000 yards either. I personally don't want to do that either. With my rifle I can get 400 meters with Altaros Slugs and hit the soup can with 7 rounds out of 10. I can't do that with any other ammo except the Javelin up to 350 meters. It doesn't go any further because the ZF adjustment range ends there. If others get along better with other ammunition, I'm happy for them. But if it's badmouthed from the start, even though it's been proven, I ask myself why one or the other doesn't want it to be true. I hope you understand what I want to say. My English is definitely not the best. sorry
Hi @Silvio see my reply above I am still waiting for your response.

As for your English A+ . I can't speak much of any other language so bravo for spending the time in another language.

I would still like to know how you arrived at the conclusion that I am only supporting Zan, especially since I have never shot or owned any. I would also like to know what other forums you are referring to since I only belong to this one? I would also like to know a post in which I "expresse[d] [myself] badly" (if you can cite a post where I acted inappropriately I am willing to apologize though I don't think this statement is based on fact). Waiting for your reply and clarification on all the above.
I have never claimed that they endorse or promote ZAN Slugs. I think I wrote. You have commented on this here in this forum under another chapter. As soon as I find her position on this, I will send it to you. But please explain to me why you are badmouthing the Altaros Slugs and simply ignoring all the evidence and then posting a video like this here?