New slugs Altaros ATP Queen .25 60g - BC 0.245 - suitable for FX Panthera magazine

to Allen,
nice video. I would like to say which FX barrel works 100%, but I am not able to orient myself because there are so many types of versions, that's why I like LW, I change the diameter of the slug as much as possible, but I know it works.
FX also fugue very well, but not all of them and often there is a problem even between the same types when the dimension is simply a little bigger.
I shoot the .25 caliber 49.5 grain Smooth at 885 to 890 fps from my 600mm Panther. It came with Superior Heavy (I think, since nothing is printed on the liner like when you buy one separately - so I don't know if its Superior Heavy or Superior Slug). It shoots great out to 200 yards, haven't tried further out than that. Easily keeps ten shots on a 4" swinger.
I also shot them in the same gun at an Extreme Field Target event this past Saturday afternoon and came in 2nd place... My buddy @zx10wall was shooting the same slugs at 950 fps in his .25 Vulcan3 and came in 3rd, one point behind me...

Reactions: Healthservices
It's really nice that you can program the shape of the slugs so easily.

Not so easy for the manufacturer to make barrel's to fit the availble slugs out there.

As for my shooting I'm still learning what I can to shoot straight and read the wind.

The good thing is shooting these at lower speeds allows for lower powered guns and less induced reaction to the gun when firing.

Allen

yes, this is one of the main advantages of this technology if you want to test many types of slugs. When serial production is not being produced, in a few minutes I have a small amount of slugs for testing, and if they do not suit the given barrel, I will make a different diameter in a few minutes.

personally, I often shot speeds around 900 fps for .22 and for .25, for example, ATP King around 800 fps at a distance of 300-500m. now I will test ATP King also around +900 fps.

When you find a suitable setup (rifle, barrel, slug) that works well, then it's really just a matter of reading the wind and shooting techniques. But it's good, because shooting techniques and wind read skill can be trained all your life and you can always improve it, but they don't have to tell you that ;-)

Big power needs a very efficient PCP and a good stock, then it's not a problem either.

Reactions: Rabbit's foot
so far I have only had the opportunity to test in the STX Slug barrel and here was this difference. It probably depends on the dimensions of each specific barrel and the type of slug, but with the queen there was a visible difference in the engagement during the 6.35mm and 6.36mm test.
With a smaller diameter, we had random drifts on this barrel that increased the C-C shot.
The lighter ATP Smooth 50gr 6.35 is enough because it stays in the groove, but the mining ATP Queen needed 6.36mm

At the recent Oregon EFT GP/100Y BR/Long Range event in Ashland, OR, the #1 and #2 finisher (Long Range) both shot Altaros slugs from 125 to 260 yards (25 shots total). The Winner, Centercut (Mike Bricker), shot the .25 Altaros Smooth 49.5 grain at 885 fps (FX Panthera 600). The 2nd place (Gabe Valenzuela) shot the .22 Altaros Kings 40 grain at 850 fps (FX Impact). Mike shot a perfect score of 250/250, and Gabe was at 215/250, both are Team Centercut shooters.

https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...7-30th-ashland-or.1282024/page-2#post-1485323

Last edited:
At the recent Oregon EFT GP/100Y BR/Long Range event in Ashland, OR, the #1 and #2 finisher (Long Range) both shot Altaros slugs from 125 to 260 yards (25 shots total). The Winner, Mike Bricker, shot the .25 Altaros Smooth 49.5 grain at 885 fps (FX Panthera 600). The 2nd place (Gabe Valenzuela) shot the .22 Altaros Kings 40 grain at 850 fps (FX Impact). Mike shot a perfect score of 250/250, and Gabe was at 215/250, both are Team Centercut shooters.

https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...7-30th-ashland-or.1282024/page-2#post-1485323
Boy, that Mike Bricker guy can shoot!

Allen

• Haha
Reactions: Centercut