New slugs Altaros ATP Queen .25 60g - BC 0.245 - suitable for FX Panthera magazine

the most recent measurement:
50gr ATP Smooth .25 BC G1 0.237 G7 0.111 MV 907 fps -0.3C 994 mBar
60gr ATP Queen .25 BC G1 0.247 G7 0.128 MV 824 fps 1.3C 1016 mBar
67gr ATP King .25 BC G1 0.247 G7 0.132 MV 798 fps 1.3C 1016 mBar

BC.png

Difference in % when comparing Ballistic Coefficient for G1 function -5% 50gr vs 60 or 67gr
Difference in % when comparing Ballistic Coefficient for G7 function -14% 50gr vs 60 or -16% vs 67gr

This is for measurements from the Labrador to about 30-40m, when in general the BC is larger, as it decreases with distance, so it is already different for distances of 300-400m. At the same time, a higher MV means a higher BC, so from a shape point of view, BC should be compared at the same speeds.

In real I used BC for 50gr ATP Smooth G7 0.102 and G7 0.118 for ATP Queen ( this number is still in the process of being refined) and G7 0.12 for 67gr ATP King.

At slower muzzle velocity (MV) and at a higher temperature, I previously measured G1 for ATP Smooth .25 around 0.21, that's why we put it on the package, because we prefer to give data that people would rather measure with smaller powerful rifles.

However, it can be seen here that the G1 function does not correspond, as heavier and longer bullets can have a similar function to G1 but a different function to G7 and the result for G7 is even more logical.

At larger distances of 250-350m, the wind deviation can be 1/4 more for ATP Smooth compared to ATP King or Queen and that is often exactly the difference between hitting and missing the target.

For super long shootings I use 57gr .22 with a length of 15.4mm where the BC after + 1km disanc is real G7 0.134.
At these distances there is practically no point in using the 40gr ATP King .22 because the BC is too small ( still the best BC on the .22 market over competitive slugs other manufacturer)

Hmm 😒 wonder if I should have ordered some of the 50gr slugs 🤔
the most recent measurement:
50gr ATP Smooth .25 BC G1 0.237 G7 0.111 MV 907 fps -0.3C 994 mBar
60gr ATP Queen .25 BC G1 0.247 G7 0.128 MV 824 fps 1.3C 1016 mBar
67gr ATP King .25 BC G1 0.247 G7 0.132 MV 798 fps 1.3C 1016 mBar

View attachment 336564

Difference in % when comparing Ballistic Coefficient for G1 function -5% 50gr vs 60 or 67gr
Difference in % when comparing Ballistic Coefficient for G7 function -14% 50gr vs 60 or -16% vs 67gr

This is for measurements from the Labrador to about 30-40m, when in general the BC is larger, as it decreases with distance, so it is already different for distances of 300-400m. At the same time, a higher MV means a higher BC, so from a shape point of view, BC should be compared at the same speeds.

In real I used BC for 50gr ATP Smooth G7 0.102 and G7 0.118 for ATP Queen ( this number is still in the process of being refined) and G7 0.12 for 67gr ATP King.

At slower muzzle velocity (MV) and at a higher temperature, I previously measured G1 for ATP Smooth .25 around 0.21, that's why we put it on the package, because we prefer to give data that people would rather measure with smaller powerful rifles.

However, it can be seen here that the G1 function does not correspond, as heavier and longer bullets can have a similar function to G1 but a different function to G7 and the result for G7 is even more logical.

At larger distances of 250-350m, the wind deviation can be 1/4 more for ATP Smooth compared to ATP King or Queen and that is often exactly the difference between hitting and missing the target.

For super long shootings I use 57gr .22 with a length of 15.4mm where the BC after + 1km disanc is real G7 0.134.
At these distances there is practically no point in using the 40gr ATP King .22 because the BC is too small ( still the best BC on the .22 market over competitive slugs other manufacturer)
Boy it's gotta be hard to push a 57 gr inside a .22 Barrel. At what speed do you fire those off at and will you make them available since the panthera is out?

Allen

inserting them into the barrel is as easy as the 40gr ATP King .22, as they are practically no different from them. With the right technology (CNC machining) nothing is impossible, for example the relief (grove) between both ends, which is the only thing that adds to the resistance when inserting into the barrel. When this material is removed, there is practically no difference between the two bullets in terms of resistance to insertion into the barrel. Currently I shoot them 270 m/s 885 fps but soon we will be able to add on speed.
57gr .22.png

The panthera may be out, but in order for it to be able to shoot 15.4mm 57gr .22 it would have to grow from a child's toy to a proper weapon ;)
Firstly, it does not have a 15.4mm magazine, and secondly, it does not have a usable 1:8 twist barrel.
Take it a bit jokingly, but it's just a fact :)

Last edited:
In my 700mm Panthera .25 without the Tungsten hammer I am able to shoot the 66gr Kings at 830fps. They are showing good accuracy so far, I only put one mag of them thru the gun so far. And I was able to get them to fit in Orions mags. I just sanded down the lip on the cover and they fit and work great in it. I just got the Tungsten hammer but have not installed it in my .25 yet.

In my 700mm Panthera .25 without the Tungsten hammer I am able to shoot the 66gr Kings at 830fps. They are showing good accuracy so far, I only put one mag of them thru the gun so far. And I was able to get them to fit in Orions mags. I just sanded down the lip on the cover and they fit and work great in it. I just got the Tungsten hammer but have not installed it in my .25 yet.
But now they make the Queen, so there you go. Approx same BC, 60 grains and fits in mags without mods.

inserting them into the barrel is as easy as the 40gr ATP King .22, as they are practically no different from them. With the right technology (CNC machining) nothing is impossible, for example the relief (grove) between both ends, which is the only thing that adds to the resistance when inserting into the barrel. When this material is removed, there is practically no difference between the two bullets in terms of resistance to insertion into the barrel. Currently I shoot them 270 m/s 885 fps but soon we will be able to add on speed.
View attachment 336655

The panthera may be out, but in order for it to be able to shoot 15.4mm 57gr .22 it would have to grow from a child's toy to a proper weapon ;)
Firstly, it does not have a 15.4mm magazine, and secondly, it does not have a usable 1:8 twist barrel.
Take it a bit jokingly, but it's just a fact :)
It will definitely take a while before someone makes a 1:8 barrel twist for the Pantera but with the aftermarket covers on the mags there should be enough room. If not I'm sure someone will or already has a single loader that would work.

Allen

Have you measured to see how long of a slug would fit in your modified Orion mag?

Allen

I just got home and I guess I was correct initially on the impact. It has a magazine opening of 15mm.

20230302_180911.jpg
it's just that the ring on the transfer port that locates the magazine is almost a whole mm thick. Probably could notch that on the side if necessary.
20230302_181215.jpg

So using a single shot loader I could probably get a 14mm slug in without notching the locating ring.
20230302_185638.jpg

Allen

Last edited: