New Skout Epoch in .25 cal 25" barrel

Maybe I've figured it out, I hope, I'll see in a couple of hours

It seems that my Epoch is missing battery holding tab:

View attachment 370336

So, when I remove the grip, there is nothing to keep the battery pressed against the terminals so it can't charge
Blue LED lights up regardless of the battery being inserted or not.
That probably explains why I can't power it on without grip, no contact

Upside to this (if it really was the issue and now identified) is that battery can be changed, maybe it some kind of a standard format which can be easily acquired, I'll check that later.
Yesterday I've used 60% of the battery in a matter of a few hours. Granted, I was testing the rifle and shot a lot but still, I've expected it to last longer.
Missing tab was the issue!

Charging worked ok since I've put a small tab and ziptied it to grip just to press the battery against the terminals
I've registered the Epoch on the SKOUT website and I'll try to get this rubber tab sent to me.

Charging worked ok since I've put a small tab and ziptied it to grip just to press the battery against the terminals
I've registered the Epoch on the SKOUT website and I'll try to get this rubber tab sent to me.
Skout will surely take care of it.

Going out today via USPS.
~Darryl

Reactions: tibor and Scotty1
Going out today via USPS.
~Darryl
Thank you Darryl!

OK, so this is a first for me!
In the past 10 years I have owned or still do most of top tier air rifles from top tier manufacturers (Walther, Anschutz, Steyr, Daystate, Air Arms, FX...) and luckily I had very few issues that needed service or help from the manufacturer but for the manufacturer to send out a part (albeit being small, non critical and cheap) just few hours after I've sent them an email and posted about it on a social media (this forum, not anywhere else) i a really pleasant surprise!
I know that US manufacturers customer services work a bit different than the rest of the world and that US customers are accustomed to a higher level of customer service than the rest of the world, especially SE EU where I'm from but this is on another level!

Thank you Darryl!

OK, so this is a first for me!
In the past 10 years I have owned or still do most of top tier air rifles from top tier manufacturers (Walther, Anschutz, Steyr, Daystate, Air Arms, FX...) and luckily I had very few issues that needed service or help from the manufacturer but for the manufacturer to send out a part (albeit being small, non critical and cheap) just few hours after I've sent them an email and posted about it on a social media (this forum, not anywhere else) i a really pleasant surprise!
I know that US manufacturers customer services work a bit different than the rest of the world and that US customers are accustomed to a higher level of customer service than the rest of the world, especially SE EU where I'm from but this is on anot

New news from Skout.

359722878_288552497061570_5845285431920727017_n.jpg

358673225_288552450394908_2248806892726990364_n.jpg

Reactions: tibor and DanT55
Few weeks ago I found that finally barrel insert kit can be bought in EU.
Since mine is 25" barrel, I have ordered 35" barrel inserts and a shroud.

Got back from a vacation and finally got a chance to shoot 35" barrels.

Unfortunately, it was a huge disappointment!
Groups are terrible and past 50 meters all over the place
Of course, I've tried various pellet types, various head sizes (have about 2K of sorted pellets), various HPR settings so various speeds.
All 3 inserts were cleaned prior to shooting and inside looks spotless.

After I got home from shooting Monday afternoon I've pushed some pellets through all 6 inserts by hand using a dowel rod.
All 3 of 25" barrels are choked, choke is short at the end of the barrel near the exit and not particularly tight choke but it's a choke none the less.
Up to now, I've shot - and 0 of the 25" barrels, - insert likes MK2's and it shoots great with those, 0 insert likes MK1's and JTS's and it shoots great with those

All 3 of the 35" barrels have no choke.
I thought that maybe there was an error and in production that small oring groove was placed on the opposite end so I've pushed the pellets other way around, same thing, no choke
I have no idea if that is by design or manufacturing error?

When pushing pellets through 25" inserts I have noticed that pellets are quite loose all the way up to the choke but since accuracy is good, I don't care.
When pushing pellets through 25" inserts I have noticed that pellets are even looser all the way and since there is no choke, pellet just falls out at the end of the barrel.

Then I thought that these are maybe for slugs shooting.
I mostly shoot pellets so I don't care much about slugs but if those barrels are for slugs and I find one that shoots good at longer distances, great, no problem here.
So yesterday I have tried some slugs (JSB KO, H&N, NSA, ZAN)
Various weights, various speeds, various sizes.
Unfortunately, same results, poor performance on various distances.

Questions for those in the know:
Should 35" inserts be choked like 25" are?
Am I missing something else here?

Because if I'm not doing anything wrong, and I believe I'm not, and there should be some choke on these barrels, I'll need to send these back for a replacement.

Thanks!
Walt