• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

NEW Sightmark Wraith 2-16x32 4K Mini

I just got the Wraith 4k Mini a few hours ago. I have tried the older PARD NV008 and the ATN night visions before. The ATN was just too big and heavy. The PARD was fine but after zeroing the cross hair was off center. In my case like -120 X and some significant Y. This was almost a year ago so I am not certain about the values anymore. But it was way off. For that reason it got sent back. Looking at the new NV008S on the tube, they have the same problem. I guess it can be fixed with the infinity rail.

I did not even know about the Wrath Mini until a week ago. After watching a few videos I ordered it. I just finished setting it up and did an initial zero. Reticule is in the center of the screen. How it should be. So far I love the unit. Firmware update and the set up was very easy. (Now I am waiting for sunset, and that monster coon who terrorizes the neighborhood... hmmm... he doesn't really... but he does go into my garage even after being chased twice... so... I am waiting.)

Pros:
- Affordable. $799 plus tax at the moment.
- Light and compact. 6" long and I think 23 oz.
- Very solid build quality. Way better than the PARD was. Absolutely does not feel cheap.
- No dead pixels on my screen.
- Menus are not overly complicated. I got used to it within minutes.
- The original mount feels solid and I think it might even hold zero. I did order an American Defense QD mount. There is a dedicated one for this scope. On the FX Impact M3, even on the first detent (not sure what you call the little positions on the picatinny) on the rail, the scope is still a good inch too far from my eye. It needs to move further back. A different mount is a must on this rifle.
- 5 rifle profiles
- Sound recording
- Little handle included for adjusting focus.
- I am sure it was made in China, but at least by an American Co.

Cons:
- When zeroing you are not working a steady image, like som scopes, and the second "reticule" is bit hard to place accurately as it is not a cross hair. No big deal. It just takes a few more shots.
- The menu buttons on the top are hard to feel and work. I wish they had a better tactile feel. With winter gloves I think it is not even possible to feel them.
- No carry case. I guess I can get one on chinazon.

Overall I am happy with the mini. I will update if something changes.

Impact M3.png

- The menu buttons on the top are hard to feel and work. I wish they had a better tactile feel. With winter gloves I think it is not even possible to feel them.

View attachment 277264

You'll get used to the menus pretty quickly. The first few times I used the scope (at night) I would screw up the menu usage all the time. But after a little practice it became pretty easy.

I found it pretty easy to zero. But back then I did not know other scopes would freeze the image to help you. Perhaps they'll address that in a firmware update.

Reactions: Huncowboy
You'll get used to the menus pretty quickly. The first few times I used the scope (at night) I would screw up the menu usage all the time. But after a little practice it became pretty easy.

I found it pretty easy to zero. But back then I did not know other scopes would freeze the image to help you. Perhaps they'll address that in a firmware update.
Buttons are definitely not a big problem. Just the feel and the press could be better. Something they can improve.

I sat out until 9pm yesterday. The big coon walked by me within a few feet. Scared the c..p out of me, then disappeared into the bush before I had a chance to aim.

I am very happy with this scope. It turns on in about 2 seconds max 3. I took some 4k footage and it is nice. The one other thing I have noticed, I don't see much difference between the 3 brightness settings on the torch. Do you? But I love how you can adjust the torch then fix it with the screws. All this for $799 is awesome. Not to mention the rifle profiles. I will be moving this around between my AR15, the Tikka 22, and the Impact, and I will still have 2 more profiles for different weight pellets.

Buttons are definitely not a big problem. Just the feel and the press could be better. Something they can improve.

I sat out until 9pm yesterday. The big coon walked by me within a few feet. Scared the c..p out of me, then disappeared into the bush before I had a chance to aim.

I am very happy with this scope. It turns on in about 2 seconds max 3. I took some 4k footage and it is nice. The one other thing I have noticed, I don't see much difference between the 3 brightness settings on the torch. Do you? But I love how you can adjust the torch then fix it with the screws. All this for $799 is awesome. Not to mention the rifle profiles. I will be moving this around between my AR15, the Tikka 22, and the Impact, and I will still have 2 more profiles for different weight pellets.

The Sightmark IR illuminators I sent in a box to troops in Ukraine, along with a drone, and some other night vision gear, and red-dots.

I've mostly been using the "InForce" IR illuminator. It's a little more compact. If I really want to reach out, I have an AceBeam L19. It's darkest setting is good for night-time pesting, but its brighter settings are for targets 1000yds or further out.

Reactions: Huncowboy
is it worth the price?

There's people out there that spend millions on (sometimes fake) artwork. So "worth" depends on your perspective. I use it, and don't know of anything more suitable to my purposes for the price. For much more you can get comparable-sized thermal imagers. But it's one or two order of magnitudes higher in price.

I have had one for three weeks. It is not as handy as a scope but it is workable. Daylight and Dusk can be shot in color mode. It can be so dark you cannot make out the target with your eyes yet see it clearly through the scope. I found the reticle selection to be excellent. I have shot my best group so far with the wraith using my AEA Backpacker.

When you say "FFP reticle" what exactly do you mean? The reticle is digital. Perhaps you mean the reticle and the hash marks zoom as you do the digital zoom? Because the there's no optical reticles. The image is captured by a sensor, like on any modern digital camera, and the reticle is simulated digitally.

I just checked, yes it does have this style of simulated FFP reticles. On my mini Wraith there are four such reticle options. Really there's two, but there's a small variation on each one, you get to choose if it has a small central circle or not.

Reticle picture from the Sightmark webpage. These are the four "FFP" reticles.

Screenshot from 2022-11-25 19-17-14.png

They don't have the blue text on them, only the red, and you can choose a variety of colours.

Last edited: