New Side Lever Mrod Breech from Thailand

Scott,

I think you are right about the confusion of the Mrod vs Prod breechs he sells. He needs to get his pictures and variants better described. The best way to talk to him(Suriya) is to message him on his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/theexclusiveshopairgun/

That is IF you have a Facebook login, I do not so I use my wife’s login. I do not care to have a Facebook account. He has the .25 cal Mrod rifle side lever breech, I am sure he probably offers the .177/.22 variant for rifles too. It was drop in for the .25 cal, and the transfer port is in the correct location. You use a standard Mrod barrel, 1/2” diameter. He does use three set screws to secure the barrel as opposed to two for the standard Mrod. The two rear breech screws are shorter and the two front breech screws are standard length although he supplies all new hardware including a poly transfer port, .187 id. and the barrel set screws.

Dennis

luisberry13,

No worries, your posts showed pictures of Prod breeches some members may be interested in. Suriya needs better advertising on his FB page.

Six months ago I saw his breeches and asked for one in .25 cal., he did not make one at the time. Now he has them. I messaged him about a .25 cal breech with a 7.62mm bolt probe and .30 cal engraving, maybe his next run will have some. I do not think the colored breeches will sell as well as black but I may be wrong, I like the standard black.

Dennis

alex2865,

After a closer look at your cover photo it appears to be a Mrod custom with a Prod or Crosman trigger assembly? I know I’ve seen pictures of it posted before. Didn’t you call it your minimalist marauder? Anyway, if so I am wrong, you would need a Mrod breech and not a Prod one. But you already knew that,lol.

Dennis

To all that may be wondering. Suriya is his name. He has breeches for Prods and Mrods in various calibers. His Facebook page and videos are somewhat confusing. Stock barrels fit the Mrod breeches. The Prod and Crosman variants you can use his thimble and a barrel blank or remove his thimble and install already ported barrels. If using the thimble and a blank I think you need to slightly “cone” the breech end going into the thimble. All his breeches are $140.00 usd w/fedex express shipping included. He has breeches in a few different colors if you’re into that. They are reversible right or lefty. All new hardware is included. He is very receptive to messaging on his Facebook page which is listed earlier. If you need to ask a question he replies fairy quick depending on the time of day. He is very receptive to suggestions on new products. He has a fairly good grasp on English although I think he uses a translation device. If you have a FB login contact him or use you significant others login. Forget eBay (except to look at the pictures) and deal with him direct through FB messaging on his page.

Regard,

Dennis

It's all about enjoyment..smile. Brian

Will do. I love to work on my own things and this is a new challenge for me. When I got into Practical Police Combat I bought an almost worn out 1500 revolver, a book and some tools and won my category and class for the next few years at the nats. It is very rewarding for me to be able to do this. Now don't get me wrong, I am saving for an Impact MKII, but that may be a while. 

Looks like in the next week or so I will have most of he parts, now if they will only ship the ssg from jsar life will be good.