• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New shot shed planned / going up

No not anymore, in my childhood in the 70ties yes.
Maybe you are referring to the few roof rafters, they ( doubled up with TEMP rafters ) did carry my 120 kilos when i painted the roof, but i might insert a few more which are still doable.
And i think there will be a surplus of those too.

This past winter was actually snowy, we got maybe a foot of snow and it did not melt in 24 hours, so while we Danes are Canada north on the globe, well we do not get Canada winters, mainly due to ocean currents pumping " hot " water up here, but if those currents stop, well as the rest of the world enjoy global warming we up here might see a ice age.

But like i said, i am a carpretender here, so this not exactly 100 % strait - level - plumb, but i am pretty sure the first winter storm will not send it into the street or fields, and we will be able to warm it up in winter which here these days are VERY bad if it get down to -10 deg C

You might have eyeballed the flimsy 90 deg angl fittings on some of the timber, we have also rammed in quite a few 4 - 5 - 6 " screws in those places.

Last edited:
Yeah I was thinking of the roof 😜 but if no snow its no problem 👌 i was Just curious since we had over 100cm with wet snow in southern parts of norway this winter and that not so far away from Danmark 😅

Dont know if you can open this Clip, but its 2 weeks ago in a mountainpass SW in norway.

Reactions: Peashooter
Seeing as the 1:5 scale gasoline RC car track investment was money well wasted by my friend, i am now entering the construction business and will construct a new shot shed there.
This shed will have a Chinese diesel heater for winter, be plenty large to house 2 shooters, and as it is almost maximising what is available on my friends land the max range will be 130 Meters.

Short backstop will be a 20 foot container ( the driver tower ) that is at 57 Meters. ( we probably put targets at 50 M here, so some ways in front of container )

Middle range back stop will be a earth berm ( 180 degree turn on the now overgrown track ) its 4-5 feet tall so should do fine as is, but a pellet trap thing might well be put up there.
This is about as far as i shoot now so 88 Meters according to google maps ruler.

Finally the long range that will be the enbankment / stone wall back stop way back in the corner where i shoot to now from the other shed on the picture, but where this have been 86 Meters it will change to be a massive 130 Meters, so that should be good wholesome fun with a .177 air rifle.

A big plus, well for two fatties like us, the shed will be in the shade most of the day as it will be up against some fairly big Fir trees, so nice comfortable shade most of a summer day.
In the winter the trees also a nice wind break.

Otherwise the general direction of shooting is also pretty much clear as far as neighbours is, well unless you overshoot massive, dont hit any of the tall trees, and a .177 can fly 1/2 mile and be a problem.

The shed will start out pretty ghetto like CUZ building materials too are not cheap here either, but i recon something like 450 USD will get us started ( that is minus the heater )

View attachment 418711
Ooooooh da nice

Another big + for me with the new shed, as my friends field are sort of banana shaped with the lowest point in the middle.
With the new shed location i will not be shooting up hill anymore, we tested yesterday and shooting level the rifle are pretty much level with the floor of the container / driver tower.
So if anything shooting really short distances i will have to shoot a little downhill, but modest ranges are not really my ballgame.

Also a idea we came up with yesterday, maybe do a target zip line from the new shed to the container, with the load bearing line up high, it should not be a issue when my friend mow the field now and then.
BUT ! This necessitate the purchase of a rather long steel wire, not sure i can / want to do that right now, the shed already at the price of a air rifle, not high end one or low ball gun, but i could have gotten something nice for sure with those money.

BUT !! it cant all be hardware, some times, especially when you get older, you also have to think in comfort.

Reactions: maxtrouble
Well the Norway west coast also get a little of the Gulf current, but the much larger country do mean you get snow.
Your mountains probably also act like a brake for weather patterns so they are stopped and need to dop content right there.

Denmark the total snowfall in my area ( Randers middle / eastern Jutland ) in the past 10 years, less than 1 M for sure, last winter ( 2022 / 23 ) we got like 5 - 10 CM and it melted in a day.
Of course we are aware of this potential issue, but if it get so bad i can not get out there to clear snow off roof, my friend can do it, even if it mean 2 days in pain for him with his bad shoulders.

Had i been Norwegian, i would have build much stronger for sure, and probably also gotten lumber at a cheaper price, maybe even for free if i had some of my own and was young and fit to cut it down and do what need to be done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gambler
Snapped a pic looking back on the range last Friday, old and new shot sheds in frame.

reverse range.jpg

reverse range 2.jpg

Last edited: