New shooting bench

I don't get it...

While, I guess it's cool to show off your shooting bench, bags, stands, chair, etc. Doing this does nothing to show off the..."shooters"...skills.

Does no one but myself shoot offhand ? We all know that 98% of modern air guns (PCP, Springer) can outshoot their owners, why don't gun owners hone "their"...skills to try to be as good as their guns, or even close ?

Mike

Mike,

I do shoot offhand when I hunt-I agree it's humbling compared to shooting from a rest-I find myself spending quite a bit of time on the bench tuning for shot count and making dope cards. I'll admit my offhand skills have sagged a bit since I started shooting from sticks, but here's an offhand group from a few years back at 55 yards.

Nothing fantastic, shot with my .22 R9 springer

001.1607007544.JPG

Mitch-Let's see some of your carving!

I don't get it...

While, I guess it's cool to show off your shooting bench, bags, stands, chair, etc. Doing this does nothing to show off the..."shooters"...skills.

Does no one but myself shoot offhand ? We all know that 98% of modern air guns (PCP, Springer) can outshoot their owners, why don't gun owners hone "their"...skills to try to be as good as their guns, or even close ?

Mike

Wow... talk about not getting it... I don't get how someone can read a thread header entitled "New Shooting Bench", read that thread, then post a reply insinuating they wasted their time reading it because it contained nothing "to show off the... "shooters" ...skills." This post was not about being cool, or materialistic, and it most certainly was not about shooting off-hand. It was about a fellow airgunner sharing the results of time he invested in furthering his participation in this sport... which has many disciplines... benchrest shooting being a very specific and extremely popular one.

Thread titles are there for a reason... read them, then expect that to be the subject matter of the thread. This will help ensure that you DO get it when you read that particular post, and it is not about something totally unrelated to the subject matter. If it's not what you're looking for... move to something else. Better yet... start your own thread covering the subject which you are looking for. I'm sure there are many off-hand shooters who would enjoy a discussion on that shooting method/technique.