• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

New Shooting Bench

"Coldking"Very Nice Bench!
youll will find that a stable bench is key to good scores.
I believe that solid concrete or steel should be a prerequisite to being able to host nationally sanctioned bench rest matches !
lookin Good
CK
As much as that does help, the top indoor scores for here in mass and ny are shot from mobile wooden benches. 

As for regional, national and world events I do agree that the most stable/solid benches should be provided, and are.

On a side note think you could make your way up to Salem NY for the July North East Regional's? There's plenty of time to plan for it and the benches are solid as a rock, or concrete as it were ;)

I can't wait to be able to travel around the country - going to the matches -
I'm signed up to go to Oxnard - in September -lots of planning and I haven't decided how to get all of my equipment to the event ? Might even consider driving? Really long Road trip! 
would love to make it to Salem NY - How many people usually attend?
would love to meet you John -
'CK 

If you add the regulars for each mass and ny matches there should be at least 15, a team from one if not two other countries, so add four more at the least. There are 16 benches so there is plenty of room and it's a two day event. Check out the benchrest forum the post for it is at the top right now.

Have you talked to any of thf yule(if i even have that right) or other florida benchrest guys about taking the trip to cali with ya? for the 2015 FT nationals I carpooled with two other hooters and we went right on through, 23hours there and back. It helps to have an extra driver or two to switch with for them extended trips.

I'd love to get some of the guys together for trips-
haven't heard anything from the two clubs- not sure if they are hosting any more sanctioned matches this year?
id asked the guys at my Club- and hell -I can't get em to show up here, with their air rifles? _ like pulling teeth to get my club interested in BenchRest- but I'm hopeful -
it's a real bummer that I'm in a state with what appears to be just two BenchRest clubs? And they don't seem to host regular matches? But there are 2 to 3 hour drives involved in them as well--
I heard rumor of a club below Tampa that might get Santioned soon. So that would be three clubs in the state?
but there must be a convenient way to travel - and get your gear to the event as well?
Mike of Thomas told me that at the Worlds held in Austraila - the guys arrived but their rifles showed up the day before the event? No time for practice or much else?
talk about stress! 
I think for the USA though, driving would be the best way to insure that all your goods showed up with you- I mean I'd want to take several rests solvents a few rifles and on and on-- can't see how that would work on a domestic flight?
oh and on the Nationals in Oxnard - September - all the positions have been filled - so it really wouldn't do any good at this point to find a driving buddy, unless he/she shoots break barrel - I think those positions are still open?
Guess I should have moved to states that had the air gun action? 
Up north or out west?
cK

Well finished the bench today at work. I loaded it on my pickup with a chain hoist we have in the shop where I work. When I got it home I had to bar it out of the bed( weighs 400 pounds) . It landed just how I wanted it. I could not lift it into place w/o any help, so I got this railroad jack and jacked it up and added cribbing until it was not as heavy to flip. Still need to roof it and sides, but that may be a couple weeks before I have free time.

"Daxx"That looks great!

Thanks, it is kind of rough. ( I call it the "Beast" ) I was trying to fab it and work on real work @ the same time ( mostly doing paper work and answering the phone) . the funny thing is the guys at work said I could not unload it and get into place by myself. Now when they want to come & shoot I may tell them it will cost them. LOL 

That thing is a Tank! So is the jack. Didn't they call those style jacks widow makers back in the day? I've heard tell that the switch can flip and the handle was liable to rocket up at the users face. Anyways that is one sweet looking setup man. I wouldn't even bolt it down, not like it's gonna move right? Looking good man I can't wait to see what it all looks like finished.

"John_in_Ma"That thing is a Tank! So is the jack. Didn't they call those style jacks widow makers back in the day? I've heard tell that the switch can flip and the handle was liable to rocket up at the users face. Anyways that is one sweet looking setup man. I wouldn't even bolt it down, not like it's gonna move right? Looking good man I can't wait to see what it all looks like finished.

Those jacks probably killed more men back in the day than bullets. When I was a kid, my father had a bunch of them, but they was steel, this one is aluminum ( for old lazy men , like me) ) . We jacked up heavy equipment & used crossties for cribbing. I could use one of them when I was ten. We was so poor we had equipment that did not have batteries ( magneto) and had cranks to start the engines. Talk about dangerous, that engine would kick back and could break your arm, or your neck it you were so stupid to put your head over your cranking hand. " Good old days" , is a joke, today is the "good ole days"....