• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

new scope

Hi guys, 

I recently bought an FX Dreamline tactical in .22 and with that a new question pops... which scope to mount in that nice rifle?

I have mount a FFP Discovery VTT 6-24x50, but I got the urge to put some more quality scope on that to take full advantage of the rifle.

My options are the following and I would love to get your insight on these scope or some others scopes which you think I should consider for under USD 500:

- Element Helix

- MTC Viper Pro 5-30x50

- SWFA-SS 10x42 

- Sightron STAC 4-20x50 

The primary use for this setup will be hunting dialing in the scope anywhere from 20 to 80yds, some ocasionally 50 yds benchrest shoting and long range shooting (non precision 100 yds)

I will be looking forward for your insight on this

Regards from Chile and be safe

Hi guys, 

I recently bought an FX Dreamline tactical in .22 and with that a new question pops... which scope to mount in that nice rifle?

I have mount a FFP Discovery VTT 6-24x50, but I got the urge to put some more quality scope on that to take full advantage of the rifle.

My options are the following and I would love to get your insight on these scope or some others scopes which you think I should consider for under USD 500:

- Element Helix

- MTC Viper Pro 5-30x50

- SWFA-SS 10x42 

- Sightron STAC 4-20x50 

The primary use for this setup will be hunting dialing in the scope anywhere from 20 to 80yds, some ocasionally 50 yds benchrest shoting and long range shooting (non precision 100 yds)

I will be looking forward for your insight on this

Regards from Chile and be safe

You will probably be bummed THE MOST with the MTC which your Discovery already beats hands down in optics. I would go for that S TAC out of those for what you want to do but don't be too surprised how well your Discovery compares even to that Sightron. If it were me I would just use that Discovery and buy $500 worth of pellets. Yo!

Gabriel,

greetings from your neighboring country, Peru. 😊

I don't know what options you have in Chile — but for what it's worth — here is a sub-$500 Scope Specs Table for scopes that have at least 20x magnification on the top end — for your ranges appropriate.

🔶To go with a fixed magnification for changing ranges from 20 to 80 seems very self-limiting....

🔶If you plan on always dialing your turrets, SFP is just fine (and cheaper) — otherwise FFP seems to offer more advantages than disadvantages.

🔶For turret dialing I find it very helpful if the turret has a lot of clicks per revolution — not just 5 or 6 mil, but 10 mil. That way you rarely will make a full turn when shooting far out with heavy pellets — and thus reduce the chance to get confused as to where your scope is set.

.A zero stop, or turret turn counters also help to get back to your original zero.

Happy scope shopping!

Matthias

❌ Attachment: Scope Specs Table

download.png
View attachment 1591943525_12908174275ee32165c79409.93496115.pdf

You might want to look at Black Hound 6-24x50 FFP scope. I have the MIL scope and shoot NRL22 with it. I think it is an excellent scope for $400. Besides having great glass, it is under 30 oz's which is hard to find in a FFP scope. You wouldn't want anything too heavy on that Dreamtac. See Joe Wayne's review here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeRDRLNyaX4.