• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New scammer tricks!

So i posted a wtb add recently in the classifieds, and usually I get the scammers hitting me with so and so in Chicago has what you’re looking for yada yada yards. 
they’re starting a new game now. The scammer that messaged me has 9 posts. All of which are single word posts to other forums. He then photoshops a pic of “himself” with the product I’m looking for, and goes into a spiel about knowing he’s mew here, but wanted to prove he has what I want. Then sends me ANOTHER message with ANOTHER picture of the scope by the box saying he has what I’m looking for, and let’s make a deal. No other info, all bullpoop I’m sure he found online. I’m not interested enough to go look for the images he posted, but I did want to post this for you all to WATCH OUT. They’re trying other things now. 
if Micheal is seeing this, maybe he has the power to look into my messages, and see for himself what they’re trying to do. I give you permission to do so! 

Reactions: JamesD.
THANK YOU MADEINTHEUK: 

THAT, right up above. That's the spirit of the airgun community. Working together to make sure dirt balls don't take anyone's money. 

I absolutely detest scammers. Good thing I will never get scammed by buying new stuff. I'm only selling off anyways. But I would not want anyone's hard saved money stolen. It is a horrible anger.

My advice to all the newbies is use PayPal G&S. 
I have personally accepted USPMO but it's more of a PITA as small town PO's don't usually have cash to cash them. 
I would never send a MO to anyone again.

Thank you for taking pride in Airgun Nation and "self-policing" these scumbags. The quickest & easiest way to notify us is to use the Flag button. Please flag one of their replies and use the word "scammer" for the reason. One of our Moderators will block them right away. Please note that the Known scammers List is frequently updated, so be sure to search that before making any transactions.

-Michael

It’s in ALL of our best interest to self police these scammers. I for one, have made the majority of my airgun purchases from these classifieds, and because I do my homework, I haven’t been scammed yet. They are getting sneakier through, and staying on top of their nee tricks is the only way to make sure this forum keeps its classifieds secure. 
I’ll make sure I flag them from now on. Didn’t see that option in the messages so that’s why I made this post. 

So i posted a wtb add recently in the classifieds, and usually I get the scammers hitting me with so and so in Chicago has what you’re looking for yada yada yards. 
they’re starting a new game now. The scammer that messaged me has 9 posts. All of which are single word posts to other forums. He then photoshops a pic of “himself” with the product I’m looking for, and goes into a spiel about knowing he’s mew here, but wanted to prove he has what I want. Then sends me ANOTHER message with ANOTHER picture of the scope by the box saying he has what I’m looking for, and let’s make a deal. No other info, all bullpoop I’m sure he found online. I’m not interested enough to go look for the images he posted, but I did want to post this for you all to WATCH OUT. They’re trying other things now. 
if Micheal is seeing this, maybe he has the power to look into my messages, and see for himself what they’re trying to do. I give you permission to do so!

Yup, I've seen a few of these. in one case I found the pictures in a recent eBay post -- eBay account was a different name and location than the poster here.

Same deal -- Both were accounts with around a dozen short posts (but I'm these cases actually more than one word.)

Protect youself, never pay with anything other than a good credit card with buyer protection. Most all good CC have that feature. Whether you use paypal or any other service, DO use your CC with buyer protection then you can always get your money back if it turns out to be a scanmer. Many times the CC company will catch the scam b4 it ever goes thru!! If the seller wont take a CC then they are scammers. A good seller can always create an invoice so you can pay with a CC, and then you have his personal info to know the sale is real.