New RTI Prophet II

Here is my new RTI Prophet II. Dressed it up with parts from K&L. Added the K&L Range Extender and KLS-RTI with bench pad. Now K&L needs to build a simple arca-swiss rail extender below the bottle for bench rest competions. Are you listening Steve!
RTI_Prophet2.jpg

You could employ the scope ring/ cf tube extension apparatus for a bipod. But yes, I think rail extensions should be engineered into the frames by the manufacturers. Who wants a bipod that’s in the MIDDLE of your gun? Lol
I tried that on mine, but it just did not seem rigid enough for me. It also raised the gun higher than I like.
The Saber Tactical one I bought is built like a support beam for a bridge.

The ST rail definitely rides close to the bottle but is also about 3/4 inch thick, but I find that to be a good trade off in that it make the rail very stiff.
That is one of the main reasons I stayed away from The RTI rail. That one reminded me of the high dive at the YMCA pool.

I would have liked the Saber Tactical rail to have been longer though.

RTI_RailSpacing.jpg

Reactions: douger
Nice Gun Thank K&L for making the UGLIEST GUN into a gun that looks good. Now RTI needs to sell the gun in a case that will fit gun and scope. K&L Please make a Arca-Swiss rail. That gun needs it.
I don't really consider it an ugly gun, but then I don't buy guns for their stunning good looks. Just their functionality and K&L does help with that for sure. I know I really like the bag rider and adjustability of the butt.
I don't have the range extender. I just don't have the need for it, but it does look well thought out.
I would love to see K&L offer a long rigid lower rail in Swiss Arca or picatinny. I would probably buy one or the other