• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Rifle In The House!

Congrats, that's a beauty. Did you buy it new or from a member? If new any reason why you chose it over a Revere? I know you can find some excellent deals on the Regals buying used.
Thanks brother! 🙏🏼
I bought it used from AoA. It was less $ than a new one. I didn't "need" a new air rifle I just wanted one. This is my first Daystate so there is that going for it as I have always wanted to own one for myself. I actually wanted the unregulated version with the bolt when most others are looking for regulated and side lever. It's classic and something different from what I already have. I try to avoid chasing the latest and greatest and go with guns that have been proven. I'm hoping to enjoy a collection that stands the test of time

Everyone is getting some trigger time with the Huntsman.... 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

16F9834B-AAD5-4585-A4CE-79C9337676D3.jpeg

02D7543A-F67B-4F89-9A8E-2DFC0EFDE3E2.jpeg

D148C557-58F5-4DEB-8347-3537F639B3D7.jpeg

4A74845C-303C-42DB-AEF7-6A5CE45F0084.jpeg

5EAD0F31-5BDA-4017-8313-7940498F8F55.jpeg

5AEB10AE-3760-4855-8B16-53D5FA60C76E.jpeg

Enjoyed the Huntsman some more today. I was seated and using a trigger stick tripod to rest the rifle on shooting at 25 yards. I was hitting paper targets and a spinner attached to the target stand. I tried the H&N FTTs along side of the JSB 8.4. The H&N were tighter grouping than the JSB. I'll have to rest and test again to be sure since I do move when using the sticks. Anyway, it was great time using my new rifle. So far I am really impressed and pleased with this new air rifle!

32FAE827-6813-44DA-857B-8FE039A4AB86.jpeg

A318BB51-6E7A-43DA-B236-758D95949C48.jpeg

Reactions: maxtrouble
I just bought a Huntstman Revere on sale at AOA. This my second one. I sold the first because of the bolt action, but this one is a jewel. It's in .177 cal and is supremely accurate. I get at least 80 shots per fill. I don't think it would do any better being regulated. The hammer system used by Daystate really works well. It shoots AA 10.2 grainers at 910 fps with and extreme spread of 11 and a standard deviation of 2.4. Doesn't get any better than that. And yes, it's the prettiest PCP rifle made today, IMO. I'm getting more appreciative of these simplar designs instead of the latest craze of Swill Army rifles with all the adjustment knobs and high priced aftermarket accessories to clean out your wallet.

IMG-6776.jpg
Daystate Revere 5 at 50.jpg

The evidence in this thread alone is impressive:
the Daystate Huntsman seems to be considered the best looking PCP! 😊

Now, I know that a statement like that really must be qualified to be fair....
So:
It is the best looking PCP for only those airgunners who like:
▪ traditional ("classic")
▪ or nostalgia
▪ or who like their airguns to remind them of their childhood shooting adventures, or their grandpa, etc.

Glad you guys have guns like that to enjoy. 👍🏼

Matthias

Reactions: Greenarrow
I just bought a Huntstman Revere on sale at AOA. This my second one. I sold the first because of the bolt action, but this one is a jewel. It's in .177 cal and is supremely accurate. I get at least 80 shots per fill. I don't think it would do any better being regulated. The hammer system used by Daystate really works well. It shoots AA 10.2 grainers at 910 fps with and extreme spread of 11 and a standard deviation of 2.4. Doesn't get any better than that. And yes, it's the prettiest PCP rifle made today, IMO. I'm getting more appreciative of these simplar designs instead of the latest craze of Swill Army rifles with all the adjustment knobs and high priced aftermarket accessories to clean out your wallet.

View attachment 280504View attachment 280505
Congratulations! I like the no frills guns. Cock, load, point, shoot, hit the target 🎯
Good looking gun and great group 👌🏼

The evidence in this thread alone is impressive:
the Daystate Huntsman seems to be considered the best looking PCP! 😊

Now, I know that a statement like that really must be qualified to be fair....
So:
It is the best looking PCP for only those airgunners who like:
▪ traditional ("classic")
▪ or nostalgia
▪ or who like their airguns to remind them of their childhood shooting adventures, or their grandpa, etc.

Glad you guys have guns like that to enjoy. 👍🏼

Matthias
For me I like the classic styling of this rifle. I do like the other stuff too but this one does classic so well 👌🏼👊🏼