New Rifle Break In

ime, many guns are packed with grease to protect from corrosion during storage, but i don't know about AA specifically.

unless there are specific instructions, i suggest cleaning and lubing it as you would normally.would before using it, although there is probably nothing wrong with just taking it out of the box and shooting it as it comes. how ocd are you?

I would definitely suggest cleaning it before you shoot. Go to 20/20 Concepts and pick up the Patchworm cleaning kit. I'm not sure what caliber you got but make sure you get the correct one. Also, the Crown Saver is another good pull through for cleaning the barrel although I do prefer the Patchworm. Use Ballistol to clean the barrel. Don't use any petroleum based products/oils inside the barrel or piston housing if it's a spring gun. You'll get dieselling and detonation which you don't want. It can ruin your piston seal.

For the exterior and lubing, most any lubricants will work. For rust protection, make sure you wipe down the exterior after use with your favorite protectant. Ballistol will work for most things including the stock. As far as breaking it in, usually a tin of pellets should do it. Check all the screws afterwards and make sure they're snug. Hope this helps.

Worth a watch...

https://youtu.be/5xu6ZnX7q4M

Loved, "How OCD am I". I suffer from this disease badly. Disabled Vet from an Elite Army Unit. Yeah I'd say I have it badly..lol. Thanks for the advice I will definitely be buying the products mentioned. Stay safe...Shoot straight.

haha, i tried to let my 308 rifle get dirty to see how many rounds before it starts to lose accuracy...

and i only made it 2 trips to the range and ~400 rounds before my ocd took over and made me clean it , so i still don't know..

Barrel cleaning wise -

I have both a "Patch Worm" and a "Napier" kit. I MUCH prefer the Napier kit. No fighting the pull through, and gets the barrel just as clean.

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/cleaning-maintenance/napier-pull-thru-cleaning-kit/

I shoot first, and clean later. Since most of the shops today put at least a couple of pellets through their guns, before that get packaged to ship...I seriously doubt that there is ANY grease in the barrel ! Just take a loot to verify, and shoot away.

In case toy are new to air guns - DO NOT USE BRASS WIRE BRUSHES IN AIR GUN BARRELS.. The material is NOT the same as fire arms barrel materials.

Have fun...

Mike

This was the first patch run through my new Hatsan Airtact the other day, right out of the box. A refurb from Hatsan, not a high-end gun obviously. But I was a little surprised at how dirty the barrel was. Took about a dozen patches to start getting some relatively clean ones.

20220421_160747.1650798867.jpg