New RedWolf going back!

What a disappointing day, I received the RedWolf and mounted the scope. First shot I’m on paper at 20 yards, left and a little high.

Second shot was on the other side of the bull, third shot told me something was wrong. So instead of inspecting the muzzle to see if there was clipping, I tried different pellets at 50 yards on all three power settings. Terrible results and I couldn’t believe that it was happening. Still didn’t 
27AB6ADA-D6D4-4AF7-AF5D-2E299F5F21AB.1645792380.jpeg
666CDF96-B4A5-40CB-B68E-45FA17A6154D.1645792382.jpeg
4E83505F-C873-45AA-AB5E-2DBCF585B7C2.1645792384.jpeg
A46AE5D1-D8AE-464D-AE7F-47AA2B7C0C5D.1645792385.jpeg
inspect the muzzle!

I called AOA and Shane had me check the muzzle for clipping and there it was. The gun must have took a hit in shipping during all the moving to different trucks. I felt foolish for not spotting it myself but I was too freaked out that the gun was a dud lol. You can see the clipping in the picture and a little damage on the shroud just behind the screw on cap on the end of the barrel. As bummed out as I was Shane told me not to worry about it because they were going to fix it immediately, an hour later I got the return shipping label! So far so good! I’m really looking forward to trying it out as soon as possible after the repair. I absolutely loved how it feels in the hand and shoulder, and the shot cycle is so clean and snappy. I’m sure it’s going to be fine. What a day though lol. I’ll be posting groups as soon as I get the chance. Thank you AOA for settling my mind down after a very discouraging shooting session!

That sucks, but rest assured they will make it right.

I had bought a used Redwolf from AOA about a year ago and after about a month of ownership it stopped holding any air at all, After a quick call to AOA I received a shipping label,

sent it out, received it back a few weeks later in perfect working order, and couldn't be happier with the rifle or AOA, I know the inconvenience stinks but i'm confident AOA

will fix the issue and you will have it back in no time...you're gonna love it,

Always great service from AoA - they will make it right. Not so good service from shipping companies!

Earlier this year I received an AA S500 which had obviously taken a muzzle-end hit during transit, as the barrel was cocked way to the side of the air cylinder, even though it is locked into place by a barrel band on these rifles.

IMG_2408B.1645801051.jpg

Needless to say it went back, but for a refund as they didn't have any more stock of these.

I have to place some fault with the vendor in this case since they didn't put any padding or air bags at the muzzle box end inside the shipper box. But it still must have taken quite a hit by FedEx. AoA in my experience always packages better.

I gladly spend +30USD in gasoline and 2-3 hours of my time going to pick up a rifle VS taking the chance with shipping, cuz i just do not trust any shipping agency even if by far Danish postal are the ones i and my friend have had the worst experiences with.

And the fact that shipping on a gun are free, dont really matter to me, it is other factors that are in play.

Also nice to meet and greet, when i picked up my vulcan 3 last week, i accidentally found out my guy now carry the Element scopes, even if i am not sure i will be buying one of those, it are still nice to know where i can go to do that.

And just for reference my guy, his store are smaller than most American garages, but it is crammed with airguns from the floor to the sealing, but add 4 customers in there at the same time, and it begin to be crammed.

Of course i know the US are a much bigger place, so my approach are often out of the question.

I don't care how well it was packaged by the dealer you bought it from...USPS or Fedx can destroy the box and or what's inside...You are lucky AOA helps you out, because the insurance you buy to protect your package as far as I've found, it absolutely worthless in paying for something damaged. Been there and done that.

Maybe not totally worthless, but certainly not comparable to real multi-peril insurance from a third party insurance company. I generally pack well and risk being self insured. But, if I wanted real protection, I'd buy it from a third party. I'm told it's also less expensive, but I have no personal experience.

The last two airguns I bought from very experienced airgunners, including lots of experience shipping airguns, arrived with serous shipping damage DESPITE me asking the sellers to "PLEASE package the gun well enough to be virtually impossible for incompetent package handlers to destroy the contents". But of course experienced sellers aren't very receptive to what can be construed as doubting their packaging experience, much less accepting packaging advice.

Fact is, well-paid folks, and/or those with too much responsibility and too little time have a hard time justifying investing a whole afternoon to package an airgun well ENOUGH; no matter how expensive it be. Much less if it isn't an expensive piece. Unfortunately time saved packaging an airgun often comes back to haunt the seller in spades, since damage claims fall on the seller.

I've found AoA and the brands they sell use such excellent packaging that even abusive package handlers find challenging to destroy the contents. That said, nowadays package handlers are more abusive than ever in human history; a fact apparently not yet common knowledge among sellers. And that's a recipe for disaster(s).

Below are direct quotes from my letter of explanation to a company I recently sent a nice airgun to for resealing (only the names changed to protect the innocent)-

Sir(s) or Ma’am(s),

Find enclosed my .177 [pistol] sent for a complete reseal service, and packaged well enough to be virtually impossible for disgruntled/burned-out package handlers to destroy the gun. I mention the last point due to recently having received shipping-destroyed airguns from two (different) sellers I’d instructed to package the guns in such a way as to be virtually impossible for disgruntled/burned-out package handlers to destroy the contents. Of course both sellers assured they’d package the guns well enough, then didn’t!

Being so recently “twice bitten”, my concerns are not paranoia; simply REALITY. That being the case, I ask you also (upon completing the reseal service) to package my pistol well enough to be virtually impossible for package handlers seemingly bent on destroying contents to succeed in doing so.

In closing, I'll now quote from the quote above-

"my concerns are not paranoia; simply REALITY."