• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New RAW chassis - disappointing 1st day

Shooting them a tad to fast will cause a corkscrew too 945 is pretty hot for pellets

Actually Ton at airforce/raw had suggested turning the gun down a tad — something about me being at sea level.

recommended running between 920-930

This is all coming from my dealer, Bin at the pellet shop. Reached out to him from the range yesterday and he reached out to Ton.

Just to jump in here again, I doubt there is anything going on with the barrel. I wouldn't go scrubbing the barrel if it were mine. I have proven to myself that the RAW needs a moderator if for no other reason than to strip the turbulent air off the pellet as it leaves barrel. That's what the original giant muffler on the older RAWs did. Having said all this, there may be another factor to consider — 22 cal is not at it's best at 100 yards. Start at 25-30 and see what it does with weight sorted and head sorted pellets. Then move to 50 and see what it does. Here are a couple targets to illustrate. First 25 yard with teeny groups then 50 with larger, but still sub moa groups. Lastly 100 yards. These were shot on different days, but all under ideal wind and weather conditions.

View attachment 307687View attachment 307689View attachment 307688

It’s not that I was expecting to shoot quarter sized groups at 100 with pellets, but I kinda was expecting to hit the paper.

Again, I appreciate all the comments and suggestions, keep them coming. we’ll get this worked out.

Not great pictures, but hope it helps somehow.
No. 1 is the Jumbo Monster Diabolo (NOT Redesigned) 25.39
No. 2 is the Jumbo Monster Redesigned 25.39
No. 3 is the FX 25.4 pellet
Pellets 1.jpg
Pellets 2.jpg

Reactions: qball
Any muzzle brakes or even those Rowan engineering air strippers worth anything?
Never used a brake. When mine wore the huge diesel muffler on the end of the barrel there was an air stripper inside it just beyond the not so effective moderator. The gun shot great but was a tad on the not so neighbor friendly report. I couldn't stand the sight of that huge thang so I sent it back and Martin removed it and installed the 1/2-20 adapters which are now a standard item. The last thing he told me is that "you will want to run some sort of moderator as it does help increase the accuracy of the rifle". I had a Ronin, Trident, Tatsu and FX/Donny on hand and tried them all with similar sound damping effectiveness. Ended up using the FX/Donny as it had the most notable accuracy benefit over the others.

Reactions: rsfrid
Also…try hand loading.
Been hand loading due to the ARC rings I had are a little too low for the magazine. Can still get behind the scope but its not ideal. Will order new rings on Friday.
Never used a brake. When mine wore the huge diesel muffler on the end of the barrel there was an air stripper inside it just beyond the not so effective moderator. The gun shot great but was a tad on the not so neighbor friendly report. I couldn't stand the sight of that huge thang so I sent it back and Martin removed it and installed the 1/2-20 adapters which are now a standard item. The last thing he told me is that "you will want to run some sort of moderator as it does help increase the accuracy of the rifle". I had a Ronin, Trident, Tatsu and FX/Donny on hand and tried them all with similar sound damping effectiveness. Ended up using the FX/Donny as it had the most notable accuracy benefit over the others.

My problem is my location. New Jersey.

That is an interesting comment from Martin. Maybe it's just coincidence, but that has not been my experience. I don't think I have seen any consistent relationship between accuracy and the use of a moderator. But I trust his experience, and I'm sure he's correct.

Been hand loading due to the ARC rings I had are a little too low for the magazine. Can still get behind the scope but its not ideal. Will order new rings on Friday.

My problem is my location. New Jersey.
they do say location, location, location 😉just trying to lighten your day .