BSA New R10 delivered

New R10 SE from AOA came last night not too long before dark, while it was double boxed the gun was fairly loose in package and the lock/accessories was sliding around loose in box luckily nothing was dinged up..
My question is why is it when you buy a 1200.00 air rifle they send you a fill probe that cant be used w/o a adapter, every mid level or cheap air rifle Ive bought you could use probe right out of the box.. you would think spending that much money they would give you a probe you could fill gun up with without ordering parts.. Even though I only spent 700.00 on gun its still a almost 1200 gun.
Love the looks of the gun and feel other then length of pull is too long, measured 14.5 in and I need around 13.50-13.75 to be comfortable. Has anyone put a after market butt pad on theirs to shorten length of pull and if so where did you get it, been looking and cant find anything but adjustable ones.
Ask AOA to try to pick out a gun with decent wood and they did find a pretty nice one. Cant wait to get new probe and adapters for present one so I can shoot gun. Only took pic of one side of gun as other side is pretty plain.

20231202_090650.jpg
20231202_090550.jpg

Nice gun - Merry Christmas!

Yeah I've owned (2) R10's since around 2016 - I was tempted by AOA $699 price tag too. Mine were $999 (sale priced), before the price went up.
Nice shooter, fairly light weight - a steal for $699 (y). Since I have (3) RAWs now .......... had to hold off:cautious:.

Looks like you got the larger bottle (280ccs) vs. the smaller ones on my guns.

I did some work on my remaining .177 cal. R10 over the last few weeks, adding a (280cc) bottle as the smaller one broke off due to excessive condensation from a hand pump - corroding the brass connection.

Anyway, also made a new LDC, polished the barrel and did some typical, ongoing maintenance.

Enjoy the Gun;).

PS: If it makes you feel any better, both mine didn't come with the adapter you mentioned (yes, I remember being annoyed tooo_O).

BSA R10 - 280cc Bottle - LDC.jpg

I bought two in a row from pa in the day and both leaked. But they still are show stoppers but I do feel and think they are under powered . They should be mmshooting 32 lbs plus and they barely do 27
This one is doing almost 28ftlbs or just a hair under.. Thats plenty for shooting 40-50 yd squirrels or 75 yd pigeons/starlings.. Ive killed tons of them with 13ftlb .22 springers.

I bought two in a row from pa in the day and both leaked. But they still are show stoppers but I do feel and think they are under powered . They should be mmshooting 32 lbs plus and they barely do 27
Yeah Mike,
The gun was designed in the day when moderate power, good accuracy and beautiful (semi-traditional) presentation was key:).

- Now days AirForce/FX have made us believe that a 60 FPE/100 FPE "muscle car" is the only way to have fun:cautious:.