New quest for another PCP rifle

ThomasT, I just watched a video on that gun plinking at 100 yards and it was impressive! I’m betting that you are going to like the gun, definitely post pictures of it and groups too. And most importantly have fun!!

Hello Dave,

I am pretty sure that I will, I did watch quite a few videos and reviews on this rifle and they were all very positive. Everybody that did a review talked about what a great trigger it had. Hopefully by the end of next week everything will be delivered ( except for the Regulator, it is on backorder ) and I can get it all assembled and get a few shots down the barrel. Yes sir I surely will take some photos and post them here on this thread. No problem with me having some fun with it ...... :)

Be safe and have a great day,

ThomasT

Is .177 cal a must for field target? or can you use .22 cal?

Hello Harv24,

I just like shooting the .177 cal and every pistol and rifle that I currently own is a .177. It makes buying pellets really easy and if one Brand or Weight does not shoot well in one gun then I know it can be used in one of the others. I have ordered 10 tins of various pellets this week to build up my inventory for Spring and Summer shooting.

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

I am so jump’n - hopping mad right now at Baker Airguns. I received an email from Dennis Baker today ( Saturday 26, 2022 ) quote: “The following note has been added to your order: I’m sorry. This item is no longer available. We have issued a full refund. Sorry for the inconvenience.”
He is telling me via email on Saturday after they had closed at noon ( their local time ) that my order for the Diana Stormrider Gen2 .177 cal rifle was cancelled because it was no “longer available”. I sent him an email the first part of this week telling him that I was interested in buying that rifle and inquired if they had the Diana Regulator is stock. Then early Friday ( the 25th ) morning I placed an order with them for the rifle and their web store showed the item was “in stock and ready to ship”. Later in the day I received a CONFIRMING email accepting the order and charging my credit card. About one hour later I received another email showing the INVOICE and all the information, ( “Diana Stormrider Gen2 .177 Multi-shot PCP Air Rifle, Wood Stock by Diana In stock ready to ship!” )
With this confirmation I set out and placed orders with three different suppliers for the Diana items that Baker did not have in stock. Now I have spent a good amount of money and time to complete this rifle package based on their promise to send me the rifle. 

This is so wrong in so many ways. Had Dennis been honest with me in the very beginning that the rifle was NOT in stock then I would have started considering other models to purchase. Dennis took my order knowing full well that the rifle was NOT in his inventory.

I cannot imagine any reputable manufacture allowing this company to be a Dealer. 

ThomasT

That definitely isn’t good, but don’t let it wreck the sport for you. It’s too much fun to have shooting sessions and enjoy your rifle. Hopefully you can sell the things that won’t fit another rifle and just start over. I’d seriously consider buying used from a trusted member here. I’ve seen several good deals on Marauders lately. You would love the accuracy of a S200 .177 and they have a CZ barrel but they are single shot. I tried the magazine kit for mine but accuracy suffered a bit too much. You deserve a good accurate rifle and all the fun that comes with it, don’t give up!

That definitely isn’t good, but don’t let it wreck the sport for you. It’s too much fun to have shooting sessions and enjoy your rifle. Hopefully you can sell the things that won’t fit another rifle and just start over. I’d seriously consider buying used from a trusted member here. I’ve seen several good deals on Marauders lately. You would love the accuracy of a S200 .177 and they have a CZ barrel but they are single shot. I tried the magazine kit for mine but accuracy suffered a bit too much. You deserve a good accurate rifle and all the fun that comes with it, don’t give up!

Hello again Dave,

Thank you for the kindness, but I have already moved on. I will be 81 next month and whatever little time I have left here in good ole Deep East Texas, I will not waste one minute worrying about this deal. I have already purchased a Diana Stormrider Gen1 ( not the Gen2 ) from a honest dealer and it has been shipped and they sent me the tracking information. I will be sending lead down the barrel by weeks end :)

Thank you again and have a GREAT day,

ThomasT

I have dealt with Baker in the past, I would cut them some slack. They have a real brick and mortar store so it is possible someone walked in and bought it, and the inventory system didn't update the online system fast enough. Things happen and at least they issued a refund quickly without giving you a run around.

Other possible cause might be that the stock they were promised suddenly went to a higher volume seller, they might have gotten the short straw too.

I'm just saying this because the times I've worked with them, they have been friendly and straight with me.

To the question about 177 or 22 for field target, no 177 is not required. But... You are generally in one of two classes, under 12 foot pounds, or under 20 foot pounds. With the heavier 22 pellets your speed will be a lot slower, making more arc to get to target. Most FT shooters will go 177 to have that flatter trajectory. And this is based on lead pellets, not sure if no lead is allowed. In no lead the 22 might be the better option as you would have enough mass to flip the targets, and still have a lot of speed. I would suggest looking at your local rules before buying something for FT.

I have dealt with Baker in the past, I would cut them some slack. They have a real brick and mortar store so it is possible someone walked in and bought it, and the inventory system didn't update the online system fast enough. Things happen and at least they issued a refund quickly without giving you a run around.

Other possible cause might be that the stock they were promised suddenly went to a higher volume seller, they might have gotten the short straw too.

I'm just saying this because the times I've worked with them, they have been friendly and straight with me.

To the question about 177 or 22 for field target, no 177 is not required. But... You are generally in one of two classes, under 12 foot pounds, or under 20 foot pounds. With the heavier 22 pellets your speed will be a lot slower, making more arc to get to target. Most FT shooters will go 177 to have that flatter trajectory. And this is based on lead pellets, not sure if no lead is allowed. In no lead the 22 might be the better option as you would have enough mass to flip the targets, and still have a lot of speed. I would suggest looking at your local rules before buying something for FT.

Hello Greg_E

The problem is that they never did have that rifle in stock. It is not a matter of it selling before my order was received, they advertised it as "in stock and ready to ship" which was not the truth. Not to worry, as I stated to Dave in the above reply, I have moved on.

The main reason that I chose the .117 cal is that every airgun that I currently own is .177 cal and it really makes buying pellets very easy. I have owned a number of .22 and over the years sold all of them now.

Thank you for your help and have a great day,

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Received my Diana Stormrider .177 early this morning and had a chance to look over the manual and get the new scope mounted. Did not install the Fill Valve w/Gauge because I am waiting on receiving the Regulator and will do all that at one time.

A really big surprise is that the rifle is a Gen 2 with the adjustable trigger and that makes me so very happy, especially after what took place in the beginning with the first order. The quality is outstanding and the wood stock is just down right beautiful. The balance is almost perfect and the weight, even with the big 4-16x40 scope, comes in at 6-pounds 12-ounces and really feels good in my hands, I can hunt all day long in the woods with this rifle. The scope is an Athlon 4-16x40 SFP ( Second Focal Plane ) with Parallax Side Focus and I think it looks very good on the rifle.

The rifle came out of the box with about 2,200 psi of air in the tank and I topped it off at 3,000 which took approximately 1 to 1-1/2 minutes. I cleaned the barrel and only shot 30 rounds so far but it is very quite and a really smooth trigger that fires just a hair past 2-pounds. The only con so far is that Magazine, who designed that thing:(

Cannot wait to get the Regulator installed and several hundred rounds down the barrel and start doing some serious shooting. This little rifle is a good example that you do not have to break the bank to get a truly quality Air Rifle.

ThomasT

Stormrider-100.1648838154.jpg
Stormrider-101.1648838182.jpg
Stormrider-102.1648838183.jpg
Stormrider-103.1648838183.jpg