New quest for another PCP rifle

Hello everyone,

I am on a new quest for another PCP rifle and looking for help from the wisdom of the Forum members. Here are my must have requirements:
PCP
.177 Caliber
Multi-Shot / Repeater
Regulated
Adjustable Trigger
Wood Stock preferred, but would consider synthetic 
Priced to $600

I would really appreciate advice from those folks that have used or own the rifle that you are recommending.

Thanks in advance,
ThomasT

Gamo urban for 300? You can find them cheaper and add Huma regulator for 100 and you will have a nice PCP that will put pellets on top of pellets.

https://www.huma-air.com/Gamo-Urban-pressure-regulator

Gaunlet Gen2 are pretty good also. I would get the most accurate rifle and a lot of them in that price range aren’t regulated but nothing a Huma add on won’t fix. 

Would you consider unregulated if it's consistent and accurate? 

Kuzey K600 177 checks all boxes except a regulator but doesn't really need one. My friend Carl just took first place in a hunter field target event using his. In 177 it's shooting 19fpe with JSB 10.34 and Crosman premier heavy 10.5g. Really tight groups. 

Screenshot_20220322-012734_Chrome.1648142811.jpg
Screenshot_20211130-171431_WhatsApp.1648142811.jpg

Gamo urban for 300? You can find them cheaper and add Huma regulator for 100 and you will have a nice PCP that will put pellets on top of pellets.

https://www.huma-air.com/Gamo-Urban-pressure-regulator

Gaunlet Gen2 are pretty good also. I would get the most accurate rifle and a lot of them in that price range aren’t regulated but nothing a Huma add on won’t fix.

Hello qball,

It looks like that rifle is only available in .22 cal. I will review the Huma.

Thank you,

ThomasT

Thomas,

I'd hold out for the JTS Airacuda line supposed to be out this Spring. There's a good write-up, use Google to find it on AGN. Saw something troubling on YouTube regarding "not falling into the trap" of the Gauntlet 2. Can't refute or validate the claim, but I'd carefully research prior to any purchase. YouTuber did state First Generation Gauntlet was OK, really like mine in .25. WM

Kuzey K600 177 checks all boxes except a regulator but doesn't really need one. My friend Carl just took first place in a hunter field target event using his. In 177 it's shooting 19fpe with JSB 10.34 and Crosman premier heavy 10.5g. Really tight groups. 

Hello thammer,

That is a very nice looking rifle. I went to their website and saved it for more review.

Thank you,

ThomasT

Thomas,

I'd hold out for the JTS Airacuda line supposed to be out this Spring. There's a good write-up, use Google to find it on AGN. Saw something troubling on YouTube regarding "not falling into the trap" of the Gauntlet 2. Can't refute or validate the claim, but I'd carefully research prior to any purchase. YouTuber did state First Generation Gauntlet was OK, really like mine in .25. WM

Hello WorriedMan,

Nice looking rifle but their ad shows it will only be available in .22 and .25 cal.

Thank you,

ThomasT

id just get a stormrider lol ..reg'ed means to me most likely benched, so why not externally reg it, or in the case of something low capacity like a stormrider you could just fill a bottle to 3k and shoot off of it till the cows come home ..

Hello dizzums,

Been looking at the Diana Stormrider and add their Regulator and the Fill Valve with the Gauge and it is a nice weight at 5 pounds. 

Thank you,

ThomasT

Hello thammer,

That is a very nice looking rifle. I went to their website and saved it for more review.

Thank you,

ThomasT

Full disclosure that's my company and website. I'm a sponsor here on the forum. 

My vote would be to wait for the JTS Aircuda Max. It is all wood and steel, and has been receiving good reviews. Very well thought out design and an expected msrp of $419. Should be available to buy in a few months.

Hello tcarlson777

If they do offer it in a .177 cal I would be very interested, it has everything on my list and it is a nice looking rifle. I sent them an email inquiring if they will be offering a .177 and any schedule date.

Thank you,

ThomasT

I've heard a lot of good reviews, from trusted sources too on those recently ^. By accounts seem to be very well balanced and not overweight either.

I like having an unregulated gun. But I also like regulators, too. One less component in the chain of failure. And one more aspect to tune allowing more flexibility in most cases.

Hello Long_Gun_Dallas,

You have given me something to think about and I appreciate that. I have only owned Regulated PCP rifles so I cannot compare one against the other except for what I read ( and watch videos ), about non-regulated guns. What you say does make sense, “no regulator - less possible problems” ~ “with a regulator you have the advantage of fine tuning your rifle”. With that said, one of the current rifles that I have added to my list is the Diana Stormrider Gen2. This rifle does not have a regulator BUT, Diana does offer an “accessory customer install” Regulator and after thinking about what you said, this could be a good point. My thinking is if I install the regulator myself then future repair/maintenance/ replacement, etc. should not be a big concern because Diana sends all the required tools for the installation which can be used at any time. 

I would appreciate any other thoughts, opinions, and views.

Thank you,
ThomasT

PS: I also like the Diana Fill Valve with Gauge accessory. 

Hello everyone,

I want to thank everybody for the good advice and help with a decision on purchasing a new PCP rifle. Nothing better than on-hands experience from the Forum members and their willingness to share.

Based on everything that I learned here on the Forum and a lot more research on the internet, I made a decision and placed an order for a Diana Stormrider Gen2 Wood Stock .177cal Rifle. I also ordered a Diana Regulator and the Fill Valve w/Gauge which upgrades this rifle to meet all of my must have original requirements. In addition I also ordered an Athlon 4-16x40 SFP Scope and UTG Rings to mount on the rifle. I believe this will make a great looking package that will be very functional for both hunting and target shooting.

Be safe and have a great day,

ThomasT

With my current experiences with Umarex, and the likelihood it will not get resolved, I would avoid any Umarex product. If you feel you need to get a Gauntlet, you should probably get one that Hajimoto has tuned so that you know it will work.

After that, not sure what to recommend, I still want a Daystate Redwolf but way above your price range, even used above it by a lot. Maybe look for a used Benjamin Marauder Field and Target, they list 2 barrels so one of them probably sucks.