• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

N/A New prototype.

These have minimum seals and parts. Simplicity is reliable.
Wait, you mean airguns can still function with less than 30 o rings and no more than 100 parts? And yes that is sarcasm. My biggest pet peeve is how complicated airguns have become. I like simple and dependable

Wait, you mean airguns can still function with less than 30 o rings and no more than 100 parts? And yes that is sarcasm. My biggest pet peeve is how complicated airguns have become. I like simple and dependable
This looks like a giant Benjamin discovery or Mrod type build. Those are about as simple as they get. A disco can be torn down and rebuilt in under 30 minutes without breaking a sweat.

I'm here for it!

Good job! Custom guns are way more interesting than production guns to me.
Turning an idea into a finished build is far more rewarding than just buying another PCP "pellet gun".
How are you planning to finish the metal parts? Anodized, powder coat, or something else?
I setup an Anodizing tank and 4 colors for my aluminum parts. Well worth it for me.

Reactions: TheBeardedGunsmith
Good job! Custom guns are way more interesting than production guns to me.
Turning an idea into a finished build is far more rewarding than just buying another PCP "pellet gun".
How are you planning to finish the metal parts? Anodized, powder coat, or something else?
I setup an Anodizing tank and 4 colors for my aluminum parts. Well worth it for me.
I'm just going to cerakote it. It's a service I already offer to customers, easy to do and durable.

It held air overnight without any leak down. I tried it at 1700psi.
20240107_145333.jpg

It uses Umarex mags.
Something to ponder.... Every magazine fed rifle is limited to the length of lead, and thus weight and power, accepted in the magazine. Otherwise it becomes a glorified single shot; and there's a lot of those out there. Production swaged .308 slugs in the 120 grain weight are .670" long, and the .357 in the 180 grain weight are going to be about .825" long. Same specs holds true for cast lead for the most part. So ideally this powerhouse should have .750" and 1.00" deep magazines, respectively.

I also have (posted on here somewhere) my 357 pistol I built from scratch that launches 158 grain slugs at almost 800fps out of a 12" barrel.
I just went and looked at that. Built on the 22xx/13xx platform. I'd take one of those in 357 if the barrel was a couple inches longer and threaded for a moderator. That would be an insane squirrel thumper with some 81 grain jsb!

I'm sure the shot count would be pretty low on something like that, but if it's a 4500 psi fill like the rifles, it could be tuned for a few good shots at a lower power.

Something like an Mrod diameter tube but short like the Prod length would be nice to see. Little more air, and little more fore end to grip too.

Another thing for this build. If you do plan to make a 357, Kral makes mags for the big horn in 357. They have some of the best mags in their category, compared to say hatsan Benjamin umarex etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBeardedGunsmith
Had little time to work on the airgun today but a friend brought me some 110 grain hard casts for a PB that I tried. Still haven't pinned the valve but I tried a shot with a 2000psi fill which yielded a velocity of 685fps or 115ft lbs of energy. Not too shabby for half charged. I'm already exceeding Umarex Gauntlet 2 energy levels.

Had little time to work on the airgun today but a friend brought me some 110 grain hard casts for a PB that I tried. Still haven't pinned the valve but I tried a shot with a 2000psi fill which yielded a velocity of 685fps or 115ft lbs of energy. Not too shabby for half charged. I'm already exceeding Umarex Gauntlet 2 energy levels.
What's the shot count going to be like with that tube?

What's the shot count going to be like with that tube?
I'm not sure yet. Currently at a 2000psi fill, each shot drops off 500psi but the volume will increase exponentially with the pressure increase at a 4000psi fill so I'd be guessing if I gave you a number. Plus it'll be tunable when I'm done.