• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI New Prophet 3 Special Delivery

Talon Tunes really delivered. Tony @ TT really set me up with this new P-3. I own two Impact M3's, however, I have zero confidence they were holding a zero when a fat juicy dove lands on my fence. I've had too many misses because of that. After bumming a buddy's Prophet 2 for a few thousand rounds, I went ahead and "upgraded" to a gun that can hold a zero. I'm not bashing FX here. They are top notch range/comp rifles. I just needed a rock solid hunting rifle (daily driver) that can still shine at the range.

I had a question for any Prophet owners out there:

1) Is the air bleed screw that grub screw right smack in the middle of the butt plate after the rubber pad is removed?
2) Does anybody know if the side plates on the P3 are the same as on the previous Prophets and/or Priest? The reason I'm asking is I'm going to get those custom cut in carbon fiber.

Full.jpg
TT Shot Card 2.jpg

So sad that you can't say what you want about the 2 letter air gun company without worrying they'll sick the leashes on you.

If the gun is crap, then it's crap. Call it for what it is. If we can say it about others, we should be allowed to say it about their offerings too. If a $2000+/- gun can't be picked up and shot and still be on zero, basically unreliable, then it deserves to wear the cone of shame.

So sad that you can't say what you want about the 2 letter air gun company without worrying they'll sick the leashes on you.

If the gun is crap, then it's crap. Call it for what it is. If we can say it about others, we should be allowed to say it about their offerings too. If a $2000+/- gun can't be picked up and shot and still be on zero, basically unreliable, then it deserves to wear the cone of shame.
I'm doing the same thing the OP is doing for the same reasons but with a different model. First couple years it was okay but has started exhibiting the 2 most complained about issues the last few months. First shot or two hit low and at random zero changes. I'll pass it off to the wife for a target rifle as she doesn't hunt with air. At least not yet.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Congratulations! Have fun sniping those doves!
Farm and garden pests for me. No livestock anymore so birds aren't a problem and get left alone. For that matter I have areas that I keep them out of. Otherwise if they aren't hurting anything I leave em be with the exception of coyotes that get dealt with no matter where they are.

Reactions: Ranchibi
So much for waiting a few more weeks. Checked tonight and TT is down to one each of the scopes and caliber I have in the cart. Shuffled some cash around and placed the order.
Oh dam you got the last .25! I was going to get a 2nd one and put the Impacts up for sale LMAO.

Enjoy that gun! I'm loving mine.

Reactions: IndyDurtdigger