New prices for used item! Down right disrespectful

Pretty funny you wrote this Anthony i could not agree more, in fact you may want to join the new group we created although it does only target people who asked more than the price of a new one. They seem to think because they touched it it is worth even more. We are going to find them on forums, go to their house and crap all over the doorstep. I hate when people ask unreasonably high amounts for their stuff to the point I accepted that I am weird in that regard. Here is one of my favorite new sentences:

Brand new....Only used four times. 

If it was used four times its not brand new. If you used it for a review, its not brand new. If you just opened it to rub the stock, then its opened and not brand new. It may be New condition, but brand new to me means never opened, never used. You have to wonder if some of these people even do a google search to see what people are paying for things before they list them.

Pretty funny you wrote this Anthony i could not agree more, in fact you may want to join the new group we created although it does only target people who asked more than the price of a new one. They seem to think because they touched it it is worth even more. We are going to find them on forums, go to their house and crap all over the doorstep. I hate when people ask unreasonably high amounts for their stuff to the point I accepted that I am weird in that regard. Here is one of my favorite new sentences:

Brand new....Only used four times. 

If it was used four times its not brand new. If you used it for a review, its not brand new. If you just opened it to rub the stock, then its opened and not brand new. It may be New condition, but brand new to me means never opened, never used. You have to wonder if some of these people even do a google search to see what people are paying for things before they list them.

I couldn’t agree more and whomever doesn’t have a problem with it has a problem! You can tell the ones who do that dumb poop by their reply’s here

This is not directed at any one person, or response.

You know there are a lot of great guys on this forum. I know because I PM them and get lots of great responses.

I can squeeze a dollar so hard the eagle will crap. I understand both sides. Can we maybe remember there is a human on the other end of the keyboard? We can agree to disagree, but I enjoy the community aspect of this forum with all the information being shared more than the conflicts over stuff that it isn't really worth expending your effort over actually giving a damn about. 

You only get to give a damn about a limited number of things in life because giving a damn actually takes effort on your part. I'd rather care about the person struggling with arthritis, or the one facing a pacemaker, or the one one with limited social security funds trying to raise a family while enjoying an inexpensive hobby that gives him pleasure.

Choose your damns wisely.

Reactions: mmahoney
This is not directed at any one person, or response.

You know there are a lot of great guys on this forum. I know because I PM them and get lots of great responses.

I can squeeze a dollar so hard the eagle will crap. I understand both sides. Can we maybe remember there is a human on the other end of the keyboard? We can agree to disagree, but I enjoy the community aspect of this forum with all the information being shared more than the conflicts over stuff that it isn't really worth expending your effort over actually giving a damn about. 

You only get to give a damn about a limited number of things in life because giving a damn actually takes effort on your part. I'd rather care about the person struggling with arthritis, or the one facing a pacemaker, or the one one with limited social security funds trying to raise a family while enjoying an inexpensive hobby that gives him pleasure.

Choose your damns wisely.

I agree, there are more important things in life to worry about than the prices of used airgun stuff.

I live in Kentucky, and if anyone is even a little into college basketball they know how loyal UK fans are. I'm a Louisville fan, have been since the middle 70's, but as long as UK isn't playing the Cards I want them to win every game. If they are playing the Cards I want Louisville to beat them by 50 points. A few years ago I had a UK fan tell me hated me because I was a U of L fan. Having never said or done anything out of the way to this man I was some what taken back and a heated discussion followed. What I couldn't wrap my head around was how a person could hate someone based only on their favorite college basketball team, not knowing them at all, not knowing what they stand for or anything about them. I told him that IMO it was pretty small and that in the big scheme of things basketball don't even make a ripple on the pond. Almost three years later he apologized.

It must be nice to have the luxury to cry about used gun prices.

It’s not the price per se, it’s the asking price in relation to what a gun sold and sells for new. However, I could easily fill a page with rants about the price of new guns too. It’s an expensive hobby that is for sure. The crazy thing is that most people posting replies here supporting asking new prices for used guns are the same ones that lowball you.

It’s not the price per se, it’s the asking price in relation to what a gun sold and sells for new. However, I could easily fill a page with rants about the price of new guns too. It’s an expensive hobby that is for sure. The crazy thing is that most people posting replies here supporting asking new prices for used guns are the same ones that lowball you.

😂😂😂

So it's not the price you say, but the type of person asking you don't like. I get it, we all have our biases. Thanks for clearing things up.

There seems tp be sudden crazes for certain products resulting in a high demand . Case in pount was the Cricket bullpup maybe 5 or so years ago. They sold for up to $1800. Well, the market got saturated and other manufacturers came out with similar products at lower prices. Now, they are on the used market for $800. The same thing has happened with FX rifles, but a new kid on the block is about to knock them off their pedestal. That’s why used stuff isn’t moving. Technology is changing fast. So, folks will have to put a more attractive price on their stuff if they want to sell them. I’m keeping my Cricket and will throw it in the river when I’m done with it. You’ll have to buy a new gun and take a bath yourself.

So it's not the price you say, but the type of person asking you don't like. I get it, we all have our biases. Thanks for clearing things up.

Exactly, now your getting it. I remember a short while ago I was reading a thread that said 

“I don’t mean those of use who use the (name your forum)classifieds either. I saw an ad today on a facebook classifieds looking for a sprint phone. I happen to have a used one no longer in service. I offered it at a bit higher price than it’s worth and the guy didn’t respond, not even with a low ball number. I asked if he was sure he didn’t want it and that the price was’t firm. No response. It’s a shame as I do enjoy a good haggle and would have given him a better deal had he responded. If he gets back to me now the price will be firm.

This isn’t the first time this has happened to me and hope it’s not as common place as I think.”

Being as you wrote it I thought you would be thankful that Anthony addressed your concerns in this thread as apparently you afford yourself the same luxury.

Exactly, now your getting it. I remember a short while ago I was reading a thread that said 

“I don’t mean those of use who use the (name your forum)classifieds either. I saw an ad today on a facebook classifieds looking for a sprint phone. I happen to have a used one no longer in service. I offered it at a bit higher price than it’s worth and the guy didn’t respond, not even with a low ball number. I asked if he was sure he didn’t want it and that the price was’t firm. No response. It’s a shame as I do enjoy a good haggle and would have given him a better deal had he responded. If he gets back to me now the price will be firm.

This isn’t the first time this has happened to me and hope it’s not as common place as I think.”

Being as you wrote it I thought you would be thankful that Anthony addressed your concerns in this thread as apparently you afford yourselfthe same luxury.

Thanks for the -. I won't be petty and return the favor.

I live in Kentucky, and if anyone is even a little into college basketball they know how loyal UK fans are. I'm a Louisville fan, have been since the middle 70's, but as long as UK isn't playing the Cards I want them to win every game. If they are playing the Cards I want Louisville to beat them by 50 points. A few years ago I had a UK fan tell me hated me because I was a U of L fan. Having never said or done anything out of the way to this man I was some what taken back and a heated discussion followed. What I couldn't wrap my head around was how a person could hate someone based only on their favorite college basketball team, not knowing them at all, not knowing what they stand for or anything about them. I told him that IMO it was pretty small and that in the big scheme of things basketball don't even make a ripple on the pond. Almost three years later he apologized.

Yeah, if you really want to talk about squandering money, it's sports! I just can't get over how much it costs to go to a game whether it's football, baseball, basketball or whatever. Then spend an outrageous amount of money on parking and food just to hear a bunch of morons yell and scream about hitting or dunking a stupid ball. It all happens quite by accident it think, Here's another wasteful sport-golf. You buy a nice quality set of golf clubs for $1000-1200 and you can't get $50 bucks for them at the end of the season. Then it can cost anywhere from $25 (for a cow pasture) to $200 for the privilege of chasing a little white ball around. I think we have a great sport and even if the equipment is costly, we get a lot of satisfaction from it. Let's forget about this subject and go to the range.

Yeah, if you really want to talk about squandering money, it's sports! I just can't get over how much it costs to go to a game whether it's football, baseball, basketball or whatever. Then spend an outrageous amount of money on parking and food just to hear a bunch of morons yell and scream about hitting or dunking a stupid ball. It all happens quite by accident it think, Here's another wasteful sport-golf. You buy a nice quality set of golf clubs for $1000-1200 and you can't get $50 bucks for them at the end of the season. Then it can cost anywhere from $25 (for a cow pasture) to $200 for the privilege of chasing a little white ball around. I think we have a great sport and even if the equipment is costly, we get a lot of satisfaction from it. Let's forget about this subject and go to the range.

Well said!

Being as you wrote it I thought you would be thankful that Anthony addressed your concerns in this thread as apparently you afford yourselfthe same luxury.

Thanks for the -. I won't be petty and return the favor.

What are you talking about?