• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

new pistols coming ?

Dick

I still would like to get a air pistol, and for what I want it needs to be holster friendly.. thinking about trying again to get ahold of the shop in Canada and get the Artemis pp 800.. since it's the same gun as the Diana bandit 22.. and it comes with the thread protector nut and a aluminum moderator shipped from California and it's already got the regulator installed..he said that it would be around 500fps in the 22.. it's $280 for everything including holster and shipping and if you figure in adding the regulator to the Diana bandit it actually ends up costing more for the bandit..

so since you have one, what do you think about it in a holster for carry around during the day.. I live out in the woods and just wanting a pistol for timber rattlers.. so with the moderator removed, is it huge? he also said that he would put Diana chaser grips on it as they are smaller and lighter.. I honestly would like the Colt peacemaker SAA by umarex but I really don't want to get into having CO2 cartridges as when I do have a chance to shoot I am lucky to have enough time for 25 shots.. so please let me know what you think.. we have a great conversation going at least for me.. learning a bit from you..

I have the Omega trail charger from airguns of Arizona and it's been great.. over the last probably 3 years I've shot 3 tins of pellets with my American tactical Nova Liberty 22.. it's the same platform as the avenger.. only difference is it's got open sights and instead of a regulator pressure gauge it has a high low power knob.. I'm disappointed that most rifles now are open sights.. been thinking about getting the umarex gauntlet gen 2 in 30 caliber or 22.. seems like a lot more options for the 30 caliber pellets than 25 caliber and I read that they fixed the breach/chamber problem.. 22 caliber is very appealing just because then I only have one caliber pellet to get.. just different weight ones.. they said that only slugs that would work is the hybrid FX in either the gauntlet or avenger.. so I will probably stick with different weight pellets and play it safe.. figured if I get a gauntlet and it has the chamber problem I'd just pull the barrel and put it in my lathe and rechamber it myself.. I don't know what to do about caliber though, I really thought I'd go for a 30 just for long range and power.. but I'm wondering if it's getting bumped out farther too.. as I remember it was originally this month and now it's June??

I guess I'll have to try a reflex sight or machine open sights, just don't have the time.. I can't use a scope and lots of time I shoot running target and scopes just don't work for me.. any thoughts??

Mark

Reactions: museguy
Dick

I have also thought about getting the aea, I think it was called terminator pro from airguns of Utah.. they have a lot of different models but the one I was looking at was a side lever like the avenger.. and I thought I read that it took up to 5000 psi air and was regulated.. but when I was getting ready to order it they told me 3500 psi.. so I figured that the gauntlet gen 2 was a better option.. aea has quite a selection but it seems like either a bit of user error or they are still working out the bugs.. speaking of which they have a aea 9mm PCP cartridge double barrel derringer it shoots arrows or 35 caliber pellet.. but years ago I had a gun that I really liked, wishing I still had it.. it was a brocock 522 and used the tandem air cartridges.. I got out of it for awhile and really regret it, I'd love to still have it, along with the single six and they even made a golden boy lever action.. wish I had the whole set.. a lot of people talk bad about them but I got the best after market o rings and rebuilt the cartridges and I'd carry it for months and would work great.. the aea defender I can't find anything about the cartridges other than I don't understand what it does but they have metal burst disc that the firing pin hits.. hopefully we will hear more about them later on..

I also meant to ask you what hatsan models you have had a chance to use.. I've heard good and bad about them and never know if it is user error or they are not good quality.. I was seriously considering the hatsan blitz 22, but then apparently the 10 lb trigger pull is not adjustable and on top of that if you go full auto it's way too fast.. and I couldn't find any information about adjustment to slow it down to a reasonable speed, 1000 rpm is just way too fast, I would want 700 or less rpm, so you could easily do a 3 round burst.. not a magazine dump..

do you have any experience with getting repair or parts for hatsan?

anyway I want to especially thank you for the great conversation!! almost feels like I am making a new friend..

I guess I should mention that, well I have a Carry license and I could easily carry any of my favorite handguns, but I live in Oregon and our governor made a new law that if you don't have a gun locked up in the safe and it's stolen and you even reported it, you are liable for whatever the criminal does.. that is just not fair, we aren't responsible for a car if it's stolen.. and now to top it off she is trying to pass another law to outlaw less than lethal force.. including police.. so if they get in a situation they wouldn't be able to use mace ,or tazer.. and most police are against it because they don't want to shoot anyone unless forced.. almost seems like Oregon is trying to turn into California.. and I guess I, well I forget and I don't like to leave anything outside the safe except airguns because I don't want the liability, even though we live way out in the woods with great neighbors..

thought it might explain what I was thinking about and trying to accomplish.. hopefully not too many details..

Mark

The Tequila pistol is being refined as we speak.

9BD68ED5-EF8B-4B95-863D-67EF82F4F97B.1621203647.jpeg

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/tequila-gun-pcp/?referrer=1

The cocking lever is being refined, the sights will be a little different, the bottom rail has been shortened (less weight) a couple of internal updates are being done.

Mike

Reactions: museguy and HandyT
Mike

thank you so much for sending me the link!!! looks like a very good gun.. I just emailed him and asked about ordering it and I also asked about moving the rear sight to the back of the gun and leaving off the lower rail.. and if he has a source for holsters..I really like how he put the higher pressure air tank and regulator.. more shots in a smaller air tank.. and I don't need regulator gauges or tuning stuff.. I just like to use it as it comes.. Mexicans do excellent leather work.. looks like almost exactly what I need!!

hopefully it will be easy to get one here in the USA I'm just not sure about how to order out of the country and I am hoping that it will be available soon.. I live out in the woods and it would be perfect medicine for timber rattlers..

was going to settle for the Diana bandit 22 or the Artemis pp 800, the Artemis pp 800 is the same as the Diana bandit 22, but comes with the regulator and a barrel protector nut and a separate moderator from California as moderator is not legal in Canada.. I probably would have ordered the Artemis already but I asked the gun store in Canada how to contact them over the phone and I didn't get a answer.. then my phone locked up and I got stuck.. but this new gun looks like it will show up most of the others on the market.. 

again I want to especially thank you for sending me the link.. please let me know if you get or see any more information on it.. I really like the specifications and the top picture, not really interested in the bullpup.. but if he came out with a long barrel rifle 24"+ and larger air tank to match, I'd be interested in it too..I like that he is putting open sights on it too.. unfortunately since he is in Mexico, I think they are limited like Canada, we would need tuning information to get a rifle up to speed around 900-1000 fps.. I'm not into tuning, so that would be a challenge unless we had instructions on how to turn up the regulator and possibly the hammer spring..

all you guys are great and helpful.. 

thanks again

mark

Mark

Mark; Wow. Lots of lengthy posts above. I normally like to keep my posts a lot shorter but lost my head on a few. My tendency is to talk too much so I try to keep things in check and not take up so much bandwidth here. By "since you have one" I take it your are talking about the Ataman. I am not a big fan of carrying anything too heavy in a holster. The Ataman weighs almost 2 pounds without a moderator. I also have a 'red dot' mounted, so even without the moderator it is bulky. A moderator makes it a 'hogleg'. The basic pistol would be OK in a holster if you can find one to fit. I don't think any of the Colt Peacemakers would make descent 'snake' hunters. The accuracy just is not there. I have ( I need to count them mentally) about six of them. I love the Peacemakeer's. They are fun but I would not think very effective for shooting anything but plinking stuff. Most of them shoot at about 350 +/- fps but you are mostly shooting without real sights. I agree with you on not wanting to use CO2. The Omega Trail Charger is probably the quality compressor that my GX CS3 was cloned from. They look almost exactly alike. I was looking at the announcements on the Gauntlet 2 in .30 cal but dismissed it almost immediately due to the issues with the .22 cal version of the G2 that I have. I hope you are right about their having fixed the lack of machining in the breach. If you have a lath, you are ahead of the game and could probably smooth out the offending issue on the first version of the G2. I would not trade my Avengers. I love them both, .22 and .25. They are really tac-shooters at long distances. They are light weight and have smooth actions.

Ah, Hatsans. The only thing I have against Hatsans is their weight. They are just too heavy. About 8 pounds + out of the box. Put a scope on them and you have 10 pounds to carry. They are great shooters, though. I've owned 2 AT-44-10s, (long and short), a Nova and a Flash (which I still own and cherish). I also have owned a couple of Krals (a Puncher and a Pro), both heavy rifles. If you are after accurate, long range shooters, any Hatsan would due. I would not recommend the Kral. Mine were leakers. I can't say I've ever needed a part for any of my Hatsans. They were very reliable, great shooters for me. The only reason I sold mine was because of the weight. I love benchrest shooting and the Hatsans were great for that but not for carrying for any length of time.

OK on the CCW permits. I have one for Wisconsin and one for Florida but I only have them because I have carried a pocket knife since I was a kid and today even a small Swiss army knife could be a reason to get arrested in some states. The permits give me some comfort that they might make a difference having one on me, although I don't think they really apply to knives. I happen to collect knives. Incidentally, the Tequila looks like a winner. Wish the cocking lever was on the left side, though.

That's it for me. I've gone on too long here. Great chat, though, Mark Take care.

Dick

Mike

thank you so much for sending me the link!!! looks like a very good gun.. I just emailed him and asked about ordering it and I also asked about moving the rear sight to the back of the gun and leaving off the lower rail.. and if he has a source for holsters..I really like how he put the higher pressure air tank and regulator.. more shots in a smaller air tank.. and I don't need regulator gauges or tuning stuff.. I just like to use it as it comes.. Mexicans do excellent leather work.. looks like almost exactly what I need!!

hopefully it will be easy to get one here in the USA I'm just not sure about how to order out of the country and I am hoping that it will be available soon.. I live out in the woods and it would be perfect medicine for timber rattlers..

was going to settle for the Diana bandit 22 or the Artemis pp 800, the Artemis pp 800 is the same as the Diana bandit 22, but comes with the regulator and a barrel protector nut and a separate moderator from California as moderator is not legal in Canada.. I probably would have ordered the Artemis already but I asked the gun store in Canada how to contact them over the phone and I didn't get a answer.. then my phone locked up and I got stuck.. but this new gun looks like it will show up most of the others on the market.. 

again I want to especially thank you for sending me the link.. please let me know if you get or see any more information on it.. I really like the specifications and the top picture, not really interested in the bullpup.. but if he came out with a long barrel rifle 24"+ and larger air tank to match, I'd be interested in it too..I like that he is putting open sights on it too.. unfortunately since he is in Mexico, I think they are limited like Canada, we would need tuning information to get a rifle up to speed around 900-1000 fps.. I'm not into tuning, so that would be a challenge unless we had instructions on how to turn up the regulator and possibly the hammer spring..

all you guys are great and helpful.. 

thanks again

mark

Mark

As I noted, the gun is currently going through some changes, upgrades, alterations, etc., right now A rear mounted rear sight is one of the exterior changes as well as a more user friendly cocking arm.

Mike

just thought I'd mention this, it's probably close to impossible, but it would really be nice if someone could make a refillable CO2 cartridge that had a miniature regulator and could be filled to 4500 psi.. and be put in any CO2 gun.. even if it only held enough air for a magazine.. even just 6 shots like in a Colt peacemaker SAA..

then one could reload the magazine and insert another cartridge.. would open up a whole new world for those of us who like PCP and not having to throw away CO2 cartridges..

Mark

Reactions: Xaekia
Dick

I totally agree that the CO2 cartridges are not strong enough.. just thinking if a minuture valve for the top and a little regulator and then a high strength was made it might work, but I don't know if enough air even at 4500 regulator down to 1000 psi would even have enough space with the regulator and valve.. I've seen refillable CO2 cartridges but only for CO2 and I hear they are junk..

Mark

Mark; I understand what you're saying. I've also seen talk of re-fillable C02 cartridges and there is probably one on the market now somewhere. I never really gave it serious thought. The cost of design and production of a viable product would make it necessary to see a pretty descent return on investment to justify the investment. It would be easier and more cost effective to just put a 12 once cartridge as a permanent part of a air pistol and just have a valve that allows filling like any PCP air gun. I think there are enough problems with the air guns produced today. I suspect that a refillable C02 cartridge would just add more complexity. I would rather see the funds go to improving quality. Your point is well taken re there not being much room left after adding a mechanism to refill a cartridge to the small chamber on an air pistol. I like your thought, though. I go through a LOT of C02 cartridges every month.

Dick

Reactions: Xaekia