new pistols coming ?

On the cheap end but the Beeman 2027 is everything the Bandit tried to be. Super adjustable (FPS from 300 to 750) a decent mag and Single shot tray. shot count from a low of 40 to a high of 100 (all this in .177- also available in a .22 version). Build quality is a little better than expect for a China gun. Only real complaints I have had is at full power it has a bark, and the gun is pretty heavy, not a one hander for sure. Accuracy is better than expected (so much so that I also got the Bull Pup version in the 1357).

I've been disappointed not been able to find out anything about the umarex notos pistol.. it was at the shot show, never been to one though.. but pyramid air have me their email and I wrote just asking so simple questions I thought..

like how long is it? and does the suppressor unscrew?? so if it does how long is the gun without the suppressor??

looking for a pistol, but I dislike CO2, especially since I never shoot enough at a time to use up one, besides I don't like disposable anything..

I have a compressor and a American tactical Nova Liberty 22.. it's the earlier version of the air venturi avenger but it came with open sights

so does anyone have any information or approximate ideas of the size of the umarex notos pistol, with or without the moderator??

I need something for a holster not a huge hogleg..

the only other thing I can find is the attman pistol but it's $1000 plus spare magazines..

I do like the Colt peacemaker SAA but it's CO2.. I'd just end up buying the umarex lever action rifle to match it.. and then CO2 cartridges..

so if anyone has ideas please let me know.. and if there's any other pistols I should consider, I do want repeater, prefer 22 or larger.. I have carpal tunnel so the only way I can handle BB would be like the peacemaker because you can just dump the bb into a tray and use the 357 size cartridge to hold and push down on the BB

off topic, but this thread started about the shot show.. 

I was looking at the umarex gauntlet gen 2 in 30 caliber and it seems to fit for what I want.. although unfortunately most air rifles only take a scope and I can only shoot open sights.. so I can get a good after market rear sight and I will have to machine a front sight.. and I don't need another project, I'd just like to go shoot it once in awhile.. I'd like a big bore, but I can barely handle the recoil from my Gamo 22 viper garden shotgun and it looks like watching videos that the other big bore like 45&50 have a lot of recoil for a airgun and I assume that is from launching a heavy bullet instead of a pellet.. and the 30 caliber gauntlet seems like a good compromise..I can't afford $2000 guns.. but I do like shooting PCP guns and I have my own compressor to fill..

anyone have any suggestions??

I have also considered the Benjamin bulldog 357 but I would have to get after market sights and I don't know how well it will hold up on the plastic top rail.. plus I would have to get a lot from pitbull for the extended tube and regulator, so I could go out and get a reasonable amount of shots before having to refill.. not to mention that the Benjamin bulldog is the ugliest gin I have seen, looks like something out of star wars or something.. but function is more important than looks I suppose..

The Umarex Notos is apparently a remake of the Artemis PP750. There are a number of reviews about the Artemis PP750 on YouTube that tell you a lot about the Notos. They are almost identical except for the stock on the Artimis.. I've also read some reports about the Artimis in, I believe, Hard Air Magazine. I also have a Notos on backorder. The Notos has been pushed out to August, I believe. Delivery had been expected in April but now August.

Dick

Dick

please let me know where you find it available.. the notos pistol I was going to buy but it is not listed on pyramid air.. and I had it selected to get notified of it being available.. it's not listed on their website anymore, just the carbine.. I talked with Matthew at pyramid air and he said that it was discontinued.. sure a surprise since it apparently was only made for the shot show.. and I don't know if it was a working gun or just a display..

so if anyone sees it available here in the USA please let me know..

I have not heard of the Artemis.. so if anyone has a lead on where it's available let me know.. looking for a reasonable price PCP pistol..

thanks

Mark

Dick

please let me know where you find it available.. the notos pistol I was going to buy but it is not listed on pyramid air.. and I had it selected to get notified of it being available.. it's not listed on their website anymore, just the carbine.. I talked with Matthew at pyramid air and he said that it was discontinued.. sure a surprise since it apparently was only made for the shot show.. and I don't know if it was a working gun or just a display..

so if anyone sees it available here in the USA please let me know..

I have not heard of the Artemis.. so if anyone has a lead on where it's available let me know.. looking for a reasonable price PCP pistol..

thanks

Mark

The "internet" is your friend !

A simple search will show them up in many shops

Mike

Mark; I have not seen the Notos pistol posted anywhere yet as an offering. Pyramid Air has the carbine listed but not yet available. I am on the waitlist, which generally posts new offerings well in advance of their availability. I suspect that is to get a feel for the demand. The carbine was recently pushed back to August for expected delivery. I signed up for the carbine shortly after it was posted on PA. The Artimis is an older airgun. The only way I know about it is because the the Notos was announced there was some talk on the web about the Notos being a remake of the Artimis. There were some videos on YouTube about the Artimis so I mentioned that model because of questions about the specs for the Notos. The basic Artimis was a pistol with an extension shoulder stock to make it into a carbine . Barrel length, etc. was pretty much the same as the new Notos. Sorry for any confusion on my post. I did see the Notos pistol mentioned in videos of the Shot Show so I was expecting the pistol to be posted but never saw it posted. I did not know it was discontinued.

Finding a quality pistol at a reasonable price is not an easy task. They all seem to be expensive. I love my old Magnum Research Desert Eagle (also discontinued). It is accurate but not exceptionally high quality in construction. I currently use an Atamen AP 16, which is a really high quality PCP pistol but it is very expensive. I was lucky enough to find one offered as a refurb by PA but even that was priced only $150.00 below market.

Good luck on your quest. If I see anything more about the Notos pistol I'll let you know.

Dick

Thought this might be useful in determining some of the info related to the new Notos. The Artemis sure looks like it fits the description of the Notos, redone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBO7gqS3Sow

I have not found this item anywhere but eBay might be a good place to look if anyone is interested. The Artimis reviews should be a good source on answers to some questions about the Notos.

Dick

Mike

I just did a quick search for the Artemis pp 800.. looks almost identical to the Diana bandit.. and one website said it was made by I think snowflake, which is the same company as the Diana bandit is made.

I don't know why my phone goofed up and put the last post partly in underlined bold.. probably user error.. also now I remember finding a dealer in Canada.. seemed very nice guy and he said that both were the same gun.. said that the Artemis, bandit and chaser grips are interchangeable.. his was regulated, 500 fps in 22, for Canada, and if you want the moderator it was shipped from California since apparently they are not available in Canada..I kinda dropped the ball on it because after a few emails my phone locked up and he never answered me on how to order.. I normally call to do it, since I easily mess things up online.. I really need to turn on my computer and try to get ahold of the Canadian shop.. just too much to do with too little time..haha

I was not able to find the Artemis in the USA and pyramid air told me that they were having a hard time getting anything Diana bandit, and if you look at their website now it says overdue..

Mark

Mike and Dick

as far as the notos pistol.. it is definitely not anything like the Artemis or bandit..best I could tell watching videos and reading about it it was very similar to the attman 16.. rotary magazine, not spring loaded like the bandit.. it had the side lever just like the attman 16, but it's like they sort of changed the look on the outside and added the moderator.. but pyramid air didn't know if it unscrews or not.. I'm fairly sure it should.. even the bandit moderator unscrews but someone at the factory got the idea to locktite it on.. a little heat with a hair dryer and possibly a cloth strap wrench and it will unscrew.. the better thing about the Artemis pp 800 is the moderator comes separately, and it has a thread protector nut, if you don't have the moderator, plus it comes regulated.

back to the notos pistol I don't remember when it first came on pyramid air but I immediately put it on notification.. I think it was sometime around the first of the year and was supposed to be available last part of April.. again it was almost identical to the attman 16, and the pellets were in the rotary magazine not spring loaded.. plus for those of us that have compressor it had a fill pressure of I think 4300, whatever it was was again similar to the attman 16.. and I couldn't believe the price was under $300.. but like the bandit, Artemis and seems like quite a few was made in China, so I assumed it was a Chinese copy redesigned attman 16

I'd like to have the attman 16 and almost ordered one refurbished but pyramid air talked me out of it.. said refurbished might not have a magazine, fill probe, and manual and I should just order the new one.. and at $1000+ for it and spare magazines it would take any spare money I could put together for over a year.. and I don't want to get political but the attman 16 is made in Russia, I think it's probably a very good one, but with everything going on now, I was not sure if it was even forsale because of sanctions and I figured that at some point soon might not be able to get magazines or parts.. I'd hate to buy something at that price and not be able to easily get parts

Mark

Mark; Thanks for the very interesting post. Just goes to show you what you can trigger on when comparing airguns. I had not thought of the Diana and the Artemis 800, since they both have sort of floating barrels and rotary magazines. I triggered on the shroud/air chamber configuration on the Notos and the side lever action, which led me to the Artimis 750 (which was also an early suggestion re the Notos). I had noticed the similarity to my Ataman AP 16 when I looked at the Artemis 750, though, but dismissed the idea due to the unlikely prospect of trying to manufacture an AP16 clone at a reasonable cost. But all else considered, the action on the Notos does share a lot with the Ataman.

I also cringe when I think about removing the factory moderator from my Diana Stormrider. It took some time working that off using a heat gun and some twisting. Bought an adapter from a shop on eBay and fitted a DonnyFL Tonto to the Stormrider. Worked great. DonnyFL also has an adapter for my AP 16, which allowed me to fit a Tonto onto the AP 16. That really quiets down the bark. When I moved out to the country 35 years ago I could not see a house for miles around. Now I have subdivisions to the north, south and east. Pretty much makes a moderator mandatory these days.

Dick

Dick

I just looked up the Artemis pp 750.. it uses the same magazine as the Diana bandit.. but it also has a extendable butt stock.. 3000+ psi air charge.. notos was 4000+ and regulated..

yes I wouldn't like having to take the factory moderator off the bandit.. depending on what color locktite it was, I'd be worried about what kind of metal it was made from.. unless it's blue locktite which is usually easier to get loose and actually keeps threads from galling or seazing.. I've used blue locktite in my shop for things I don't want to come apart easily and red locktite where you absolutely don't want it to come apart without a lot of torque.. used a lot of red for retaining bearings on sliding axle trailers.. but I was always able to get apart with the 3/4 drive breaker bar.. course we were working with 1" bolts..

oh and another interesting fact it appears that Diana bandit, storm Rider, Artemis are all made in China at the snowflake factory.. some Chinese things are really good, but unfortunately Americans tend to try to buy cheap and well they say you get what you pay for.. I tend to think that you get a little less.. I do have some Chinese tools that are very good quality.. and then others you have to buy snap on tools.. at least for snap ring pliers.. my snap on has never broken but I broke plenty of others including craftsman..

great talking with you

Mark

Mark: Yes, price drives most decisions when it comes to airguns. Some can afford to pop for an FX without thinking twice, since it has a great reputation for quality. Although price doesn't always mean high quality, it often tracks well with price. I tend to go for maximum features at 'reasonable' prices. I went for the Gauntlet 1 in .25 cal when it first came out because it offered so much for the price point. Since then I added the Hajimoto bigger tank and better regulator combination and was not sorry. The Gauntlet 2, on the other hand, was born with a congenital problem in the breach. Hajimoto can fix the problem but I am reluctant to spend the extra money on it. I think the Gauntlet 2 was reasonably priced, but not when you have to spend extra money to fix the issues that come with it out of the box. I am shooting Crossman pellets (harder pellets) in the G2 to smooth out the imperfections in the receiver. So far it is working much better. It still takes a 'thump' to chamber a Crossman, but JSBs are now easily chambered after several thousand Crossmans. The point is, sometimes a good deal is not really a good deal, but is also not unrecoverable with some patience. I have 4 compressors on my workbench, A Nomad II, a GX CS3 (Xisco clone) and 2 Chinese compressors as backups. My current Nomad II works great after two repairs and two replacments. The GX so far has never failed after over a year of use, but the Chinese compressors have been very reliable because I don't push them. I use them for under 250 bar fills and the Nomad and GX do the heavy lifting (250 bar and up).

Anyway, not to belabor the point. I suspect most of the airguns I have, PCP and CO2, were probably made in another country. Most of them are well worth the money and perform very well. I do a lot of research before I buy an air gun. Most have been pretty good choices in the long run. I have been 'stung' a few times, but overall I think I'm ahead of the game and do a lot more shooting because my shooters are mid-priced. I'm looking forward to the Notos. Umarex has hit a niche for me..... close range, the right caliber and light weight. It will be a great companion for my Hatsan Flash in below 50 yard shooting. I will be disappointed if the quality is lacking.

Dick